Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who should the great Geale fight next?
Golovkin 22 19.64%
Martinez 41 36.61%
Chavez Jr 15 13.39%
Soliman 6 5.36%
Pirog 3 2.68%
N'Dam N'Jikam 3 2.68%
Kid Choclate 1 0.89%
rematch the bum 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #181
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who do the Aussie ESB'ers want Geale to face next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Let all the nuffies who think Mandy is a better fight for Geale than Martinez have a good read of what you just said.

A) A national hero if he beat Martinez
B) Nothing much at all if he beat a tired old hack (Mandy).

I'll go with national hero.

Do u seriously believe that??? I'm willing to bet that less than 5% of our population know who Martinez is, Where as a massive chunk know who Choc is and hate him.... I'm sure he would get much more recognition in Aus for Beating Choc.
whipsy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #182
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

lol @ The National Hero comment
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #183
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
lol @ The National Hero comment
He would be the first middleweight lineal champion from down under and one of only a couple of Aussies to be the true champion of their division. I would say national hero is fitting.

Rose was a national hero after his bout with Fighting Hararda. This fight would be just as big after both his proformances in Germany I think he deserves it.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #184
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Look im not saying he dont deserve the recognition m8, he does. However if he has already won two titles in Germany and isnt getting the publicity he deserves then that should tell you something. He needs to be managed correctly because if you compared the likes of KT, Rose etc to the publicity Geale is getting for his efforts its pretty piss poor. Winning one more title wont change to much of that, he dont have the personality or the style that will make him a house hold name.

The vast majority of boxing fans dont even know who he is, and as i pointed out he has won the two titles in germany, its pretty farkn sad, whoever is doing the PR work for him is doing a piss poor effort but then again they can only do so much, the rest is upto Geale. He should already be a National Hero after winning two titles in Germany but he is not, i hope he can earn alot of money before his looses his titles because he sure as hell deserves it.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #185
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Look im not saying he dont deserve the recognition m8, he does. However if he has already won two titles in Germany and isnt getting the publicity he deserves then that should tell you something. He needs to be managed correctly because if you compared the likes of KT, Rose etc to the publicity Geale is getting for his efforts its pretty piss poor. Winning one more title wont change to much of that, he dont have the personality or the style that will make him a house hold name.

The vast majority of boxing fans dont even know who he is, and as i pointed out he has won the two titles in germany, its pretty farkn sad, whoever is doing the PR work for him is doing a piss poor effort but then again they can only do so much, the rest is upto Geale. He should already be a National Hero after winning two titles in Germany but he is not, i hope he can earn alot of money before his looses his titles because he sure as hell deserves it.
The sports minister, was at the press conference yesterday, he has 2 major titles, he and Grange are in talks with HBO, he will be ringside at saturdays fight. He might not be a media slut like the others, but if you look at what he has achieved, recognition will come.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #186
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Guys those rich boys in Sydney who like too shout the bar at randwick when there horse win...are more than willing too back team grange to get Martinez out here.
Chavez won't travel we all know that but ***y Sergio travels and shaw knows that!
Hopefully the gameplan is Martinez does Chavez easy and comes out of the fight easy and we can get the fight done before the cut off date for the mandatories!
The window is there and it might be small but it's there and Martinez is a traveler who loves coin!!!!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #187
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Gealer targets Chavez-Martinez winner.Joel Brunker making U.S debut.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Boxing News

Geale targets Chavez-Martinez winner

By Ray Wheatley World of Boxing
Promoter Gary Shaw already has a close connection with Australian boxing having taken IBF/WBA middleweight champ Daniel Geale and former IBF/WBA/WBC champion Vic Darchinyan to world titles. Gary is now promoting classy WBO rated featherweight Joel Brunker who will make his debut in the USA on October 27. Shaw, Geale and Brunker will be at ringside for the Julio Chavez vs Sergio Martinez on Saturday night in Las Vegas with Geale looking forward to challenging the winner with the WBA, IBF and WBC titles up for grabs.
The winner of Chavez Jr. and Martinez could be my next opponent, said Geale. Im willing to fight the best out there and my promoter Gary Shaw is ready to make it happen. Its an interesting fight and the winner puts himself in a great position to challenge me. I never shy away from a great test and Ill be ready to go when Gary Shaw tells me who my next opponent will be.
Geales fellow countryman, undefeated featherweight contender Joel Brunker (23-0, 13 KOs), will join him while they both attend fight week activities. Brunker said Im excited to be traveling to the United States and be present for Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez. Ill remain in the States and start my training camp in preparation for my fight scheduled for October 27th. Daniel Geale and I both want to show the United States audience what we are made of.
Shaw added Im extremely excited to be promoting the best fighters out of Australia. Grange Old School Gym has been fantastic working with me and Daniel Geale, and its been a pleasure working with Angelo DiCarlo with Joel Brunker. The future looks bright for my company being that we have a great working relationship with all the top talent from the land down under.

September 11th, 2012

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #188
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Gealer targets Chavez-Martinez winner.Joel Brunker making U.S debut.
Here's a guy, Danny Geale, having a real crack and from the poll that's exactly what people want him to do
Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #189
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

always said i hope he fights the winner from Chavez v Martinez so he can unify the titles.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #190
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
always said i hope he fights the winner from Chavez v Martinez so he can unify the titles.
So have 24 people in the poll and only 14 want to see him fight Mundine
Old 09-12-2012, 01:52 AM   #191
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Do u seriously believe that???
I do actually. Big things are coming.
Quote:
I'm willing to bet that less than 5% of our population know who Martinez is,
So? Everyone knows what a champion is though.
Quote:
Where as a massive chunk know who Choc is and hate him....
Yes, and just as many are beginning to realise he's done at the top level.
Quote:
I'm sure he would get much more recognition in Aus for Beating Choc.
I'm not.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 AM   #192
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

Agree Sox,

If Geale fights and beats choc the papers will say Danny beat a worn out old skeleton in Mundine who had lost to the likes of Garth Wood lol.

Then they will question why Geale would choose choc as an opponent in the first place. Thus turning a positive into a negative. Fighting choc is going backwards.

Everybody would love Sergio and his hansome mug down under, just premote the hell out of the card as the biggest match up in Australian boxing history. Put adds on every chanel and every radio station. Plaster Geale's mug on every bus stop from townsvill to tassie with the slogan "worlds number #1" "Australia be proud".

Bogans will get onboard and love it.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #193
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

So ****in true bigger than roy jones fight
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #194
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Agree Sox,

If Geale fights and beats choc the papers will say Danny beat a worn out old skeleton in Mundine who had lost to the likes of Garth Wood lol.

Then they will question why Geale would choose choc as an opponent in the first place. Thus turning a positive into a negative. Fighting choc is going backwards.

Everybody would love Sergio and his hansome mug down under, just premote the hell out of the card as the biggest match up in Australian boxing history. Put adds on every chanel and every radio station. Plaster Geale's mug on every bus stop from townsvill to tassie with the slogan "worlds number #1" "Australia be proud".

Bogans will get onboard and love it.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #195
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
When I die I hope to be reincarnated into Sergio Martinez.....
StiffJab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum