Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Not really a huge fan of Barker and Murray by any stretch, I prefer Martinez in fact, it's not all about nationality now.

The only "aussie boys" i've seen over here are the ones who's unconcious carcasses I have to step over on my way into clubs.

Usually because they got KO'd for spouting off some shit about "pommys" or "sheep-shaggers" and got put in their place.
you think the same exact thing doesn't happen to brits and kiwi's over here?
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
you think the same exact thing doesn't happen to brits and kiwi's over here?
I'd say it would be less likely, as neither are so loud, arrogant, obnoxious and full of spiteful hatred as the average Australian.

Actually thinking about it, it's probably more likely, but over there it would be unprovoked Aussie "tough guys" 5 on 1 unprovoked attack on tourist types

nice work "hard men"
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I'd say it would be less likely, as neither are so loud, arrogant, obnoxious and full of spiteful hatred as the average Australian.

Actually thinking about it, it's probably more likely, but over there it would be unprovoked Aussie "tough guys" 5 on 1 unprovoked attack on tourist types

nice work "hard men"
people are inherently ****heads completely independent of creed or colour, your inability to recognise this and incorrectly racial profile us is laughable. Why even say something like that in the first place, it's not you yourself who is beating these "arrogant aussies" up, and you are spruking this on an internet forum, where your credibility is next to nothing, so therefore your argument has no merit and the only possible conclusion that i can extract from your weak arguments is that you sir, are a cunt.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
people are inherently ****heads completely independent of creed or colour, your inability to recognise this and incorrectly racial profile us is laughable. Why even say something like that in the first place, it's not you yourself who is beating these "arrogant aussies" up, and you are spruking this on an internet forum, where your credibility is next to nothing, so therefore your argument has no merit and the only possible conclusion that i can extract from your weak arguments is that you sir, are a cunt.
I don't give a shot what my "credibility" on this forum is.

9 times out of 10, it is the Australians who are the ones spouting off, look at any sports thread involving the UK in the lounge, it takes only a few post before one of your lot is in there, giving it the "pommy faggot" "soap dodging scum" or whatever other tired old tripe they shit out.

As soon as someone fires back it's "oh G'day mate, can't take a joke eh" like it's ok when you say it but not in reverse.

I am tired of your bullshit, and if any Aussie tries it on me in real life i tell them they are ****ing boring and to change the ****ing record, because they are coming across as a typical arrogant aussie prick. and if they want to "fight" because of that, fine then i'll test what they are made of, but so far all ive got back is exactly what i get on here "oh take a joke brah"

Oh, i'll take a joke, but when you've said it 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 times, it's no longer funny.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I don't give a shot what my "credibility" on this forum is.

9 times out of 10, it is the Australians who are the ones spouting off, look at any sports thread involving the UK in the lounge, it takes only a few post before one of your lot is in there, giving it the "pommy faggot" "soap dodging scum" or whatever other tired old tripe they shit out.

As soon as someone fires back it's "oh G'day mate, can't take a joke eh" like it's ok when you say it but not in reverse.

I am tired of your bullshit, and if any Aussie tried it on me in real life i'd tell them they were ****ing boring and to change the ****ing record, because they are coming across as a typical arrogant aussie prick. and if they want to "fight" because of that, fine then i'll test what they are made of, but so far all ive got back is exactly what i get on here "oh take a joke brah"

Oh, i'll take a joke, but when you've said it 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 times, it's no longer funny.
who else besides wide open road refers to the english as soap dodging scum . Sure you get the stupid aussie bogans who use racist stereotypes to pile shit on people, but isn't that exactly what you were doing before when you were talking about how we are all arrogant and obnoxious etc, that's just blatantly hypocritical. As i said before, you get ****heads in every single race, in fact it is probably the one thing that ties all races together, the existence of ****heads, but to come on to the australian forum and constantly goad us about our boxing prowess and our fighters, then make claims like those in your post above is downright ridiculous and the definition of hypocrisy yet again. Get a life and maybe you'll make some international friends
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #21
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
who else besides wide open road refers to the english as soap dodging scum . Sure you get the stupid aussie bogans who use racist stereotypes to pile shit on people, but isn't that exactly what you were doing before when you were talking about how we are all arrogant and obnoxious etc, that's just blatantly hypocritical. As i said before, you get ****heads in every single race, in fact it is probably the one thing that ties all races together, the existence of ****heads, but to come on to the australian forum and constantly goad us about our boxing prowess and our fighters, then make claims like those in your post above is downright ridiculous and the definition of hypocrisy yet again. Get a life and maybe you'll make some international friends
I've got plenty of international friends.

I can tell from your posts you seem like a level headed guy, i have no issue with you.

If i have a go at the "bad apples" don't take it personally.

Martinez would KO Geale though, sorry that's nothing against Australia or Geale, Martinez is just class above, anyone except Golovkin he stops.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #22
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Besides the fact that the fight isnt going to happen here, i tend to agree it wouldnt work in Sydney anyway.
1. boxing has been ****ed is Aus by scummy promoters
2. The layman has no idea about real boxing. They are not around it, dont live it, and only know whats fed to them through fox.
3. Unfortunately, the general public are mainly aware of the 2 pretenders.
4. There is no money here
5. There are few sponsors that will back boxing in Aus at a domestic level, let alone this type of fight.
6. Gary shaw Said no
7. etc etc etc
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #23
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I've got plenty of international friends.

I can tell from your posts you seem like a level headed guy, i have no issue with you.

If i have a go at the "bad apples" don't take it personally.

Martinez would KO Geale though, sorry that's nothing against Australia or Geale, Martinez is just class above, anyone except Golovkin he stops.
nothing taken personally, i just don't like to see a whole group of people being misjudged because of like you said, a few bad apples
Yeah i tend to agree with you, martinez is an extraordinary fighter, and he has the power and speed to beat geale.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #24
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
I've got plenty of international friends.

I can tell from your posts you seem like a level headed guy, i have no issue with you.

If i have a go at the "bad apples" don't take it personally.

Martinez would KO Geale though, sorry that's nothing against Australia or Geale, Martinez is just class above, anyone except Golovkin he stops.
Ok mad earl what do u make of ward vs calzaghe???
swilson120 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #25
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson120 View Post
Ok mad earl what do u make of ward vs calzaghe???
It is a tough one for me, Andre Ward looks "unbeatable" right now, but we all know that no such concept exists.

The top Fighters we have seen him in with:

Froch - Slow as molasses
Abraham - Small, slow, inactive
Kessler - not quick, straight lines, predictable
Dawson - weight drained, mentally fragile, poor movement.

All four of the above had A) LOST B) had GLARING FLAWS and C) Can only fight ONE WAY

A guy like Calzaghe, can you tell me, even now what were his flaws? He can switch his game mid fight, make adjustments better than those above, he would beat all of the above AT LEAST as impressive as Ward did, if not more so.

I see Froch and Abraham getting the Jeff Lacy treatment tbh, That Version of Kessler would do much worse, and Chad Dawson would have no more luck than he did against Ward.

I can tell you, Andre Ward does not have the stamina to do 12 rounds at pace, Joe Calzaghe does, Andre Ward tired late against Froch, Calzaghe would make ward fight at a MUCH higher pace.

I see it as a fight of three sections

Early - Joe wins early rounds while Ward Adapts

Middle - Ward Adapts, begins to win rounds

End - Calzaghe Switches Gears, Ward is Tired, Calzaghe takes late rounds.

So to me, the question is what is the split.

Calzaghe only needs to take the first 3 rounds and the last 4, and he's won the fight, Ward can have the 5 in the middle.

What is the split?
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
awayfromhome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: on the road a lot living between Australia, Uk, Asia and Canada.
Posts: 287
vCash: 1000
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

1.4 million is the official purse - it doesnt mean its all he is getting paid - factor in a cut of ppv and you can bet he goes home with a lot more.
awayfromhome is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #27
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,629
vCash: 166
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayfromhome View Post
1.4 million is the official purse - it doesnt mean its all he is getting paid - factor in a cut of ppv and you can bet he goes home with a lot more.
I'd say thats the case.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
Default Re: martinez takes 1.4 million for chavez fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
Besides the fact that the fight isnt going to happen here, i tend to agree it wouldnt work in Sydney anyway.
1. boxing has been ****ed is Aus by scummy promoters
2. The layman has no idea about real boxing. They are not around it, dont live it, and only know whats fed to them through fox.
3. Unfortunately, the general public are mainly aware of the 2 pretenders.
4. There is no money here
5. There are few sponsors that will back boxing in Aus at a domestic level, let alone this type of fight.
6. Gary shaw Said no
7. etc etc etc
Could not of said it better myself. Exactly!!
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013