Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default "Fasted" Training

I ate lunch around 12:30 pm and just drank water and green tea throughout the rest of the work day. I wasn't feeling hungry or tired after work, so I went to the gym at 7:00 pm without my usual pre-workout snack. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get through my reg. work out, but I ended up training at the same intensity for about 2.5 hours (30 min longer than I have been lately) without feeling burned out or anything. Not sure if it would have made a difference or not, but I didn't spar today. Are there any pros/cons of training like this from now on?

I read somewhere (think it was from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) that training in a fasted state means that your insulin levels will be low, and that's ideal for fat loss because high insulin levels prevent the body from burning fat. I think he also said something about high intensity workouts in a fasted state will release fatty acids into the bloodstream, and following that up with low intensity cardio will burn up the fatty acids. Any thoughts on this?
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
NVSemin
Sugar Boxing
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: "Fasted" Training

I did vegan diet for a month. Trained twice per day no problem.
I did not do heavy bag and much running, mostly general strength like push-ups, abs (20-30 min in the morning) and shadow boxing for 30-60 min in the evening.
To my surprise, all the month I felt quite ok I must say. This was never my purpose, but my muscles looked much better, because of lower fat level obviously.
NVSemin is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Training fasted v fed isn't going to make a difference, unless you're using certain things that are ineffective in the presence of hormones such as insulin. If you burn more fat during a workout, then your body is just going to compensate later by using something else. Overall daily macronutrient intake is what is going to dictate fat loss.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
markiepoop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 650

I have no scientific evidence backing my claims, but i saw this bodybuilding post on facebook stating the personal recount of a bodybuilder on how the first thing he did every morning before he ate was 1 hour of cardio to enhance the fat burning effect like you stated
markiepoop is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing