Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Geale wouldn't draw ten people in USA - Freddie Roach

Roach Could See Ward in Chavez's Future, Not Geale

By Rick Reeno
Veteran trainer Freddie Roach could see a potential fight down the line between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0-1, 32KOs) and Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs).

First, Chavez has to overcome the most difficult test of his entire career - when he defends his WBC middleweight title against Sergio Martinez (49-2-2, 28KOs) on Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

If Chavez is successful, Roach would like to see him move up in weight to 168-pounds, where Ward reigns supreme with the WBC/WBA titles. Should he move up, Roach doesn't see Chavez taking on Ward for quite some time.

"I'd like for Julio to move up a weight class. There is like a Kelly Pavlik there, who would be a great test for us. If we can get by guys like that, and he feels good at 168 - Ward would be on our schedule for sure,"

But, there is another middleweight who wants a piece of the Chavez-Martinez winner - WBA/IBF champion Daniel Geale of Australia. Geale recently unified the titles with an upset decision over German star Felix Sturm.

If Chavez beats Martinez, Roach doesn't see a reason for a fight with Geale. He would prefer for Chavez to move up in weight.

"This is the biggest fight. The other guy...I know that name a little bit, but I've never seen him fight. He's not that popular. He wouldn't draw ten people. Would the fight be worth the risk - if [Julio] beats the perceived best middleweight in the world? No, I think we would have to go for bigger names than that," Roach said.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now im a Geale fan girls but face the facts for once in your lifes.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300
Default Re: Geale wouldn't draw ten people in USA - Freddie Roach

geale is not fighting chavez you numbskull,his fighting sergio....
sergio fights for coin chavez fights for the wbc and there corrupt president.
**** no wonder jesus hates you!!!
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

This is news? For an 'ex' Mundine fan you're on a bit of a crusade against his rivals
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
geale is not fighting chavez you numbskull,his fighting sergio....
sergio fights for coin chavez fights for the wbc and there corrupt president.
**** no wonder jesus hates you!!!
Geale wants the winner of Martinez v Chavez. News Flash, Martinez hasnt won the fight yet champ, dont count your chickens before they hatch. Geale wont be unifying the titles anytime soon IF Chavez wins. As for WBC being corrupt, isnt that the preciouse title Danny Green was chasing for so many yrs

@Duke, im just posting what Freddie has commented on in ref to Geale. Got to face the facts champ, Geale isnt a popular fighter, even outside of Australia. This has nothing to do with Mundine, its his personality and his fight style that has made Geale an unpopular fighter in both Australian and abroad.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Ty Ty Ty, you need to relax bro. Those 2 titles he has are 2\3 of the undisputed championship. Thats bigger than 80% of names in boxing my friend.

People paid to watch Joe calzaghe vs Jones Jr and Hopkins and nobody in the US knew who the **** he was.

For a geale fan your sure have a strange way of showing it...
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Find them on Ebay.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Ty Ty Ty, you need to relax bro. Those 2 titles he has are 2\3 of the undisputed championship. Thats bigger than 80% of names in boxing my friend.

People paid to watch Joe calzaghe vs Jones Jr and Hopkins and nobody in the US knew who the **** he was.

Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

I dont think Geale boxes for recognition or fame. He boxes for legacy and titles you shit cunt DK
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #9
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

donkey king you are a certified ****stain. You rag on anybody not named mundine, and your one eyed view of things is laughable.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #10
bruiserh

vCash:

I've just found a reason to go for Martinez. How the **** has roach not seen Geale fight? Typical arrogant yank prick. If its not happening in my backyard it isnt happening mentality
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Of course you comment on that you faggot troll. Your opinion is of the least value on these boards, ask anybody.

How is you ilk by the way soap dodging ass pie? Still walking over aussies to get to your local you ****ing clown? Your the bloke that sits in the corner of the pub rubbing your dick off looking at guys
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Of course you comment on that you faggot troll. Your opinion is of the least value on these boards, ask anybody.

How is you ilk by the way soap dodging ass pie? Still walking over aussies to get to your local you ****ing clown? Your the bloke that sits in the corner of the pub rubbing your dick off looking at guys
There are dudes in the pub like that??? That's my church. They have no business being there Get out of my church earl!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #13
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

Earl has a good 10000 posts between all his accounts in under a few years, he wouldn't have time for the pub. He just sits at home rubbing over topless pics of his hero Joe calzaghe...

His he sadest cunt on these boards. Hovering between the general, aussie and British forums like a lost dog ranting and raving. No kiwi forum to contain him and his alter egos.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

geale has been given a reason to make chavez out to be chicken now.

it will get air time which can only help geales exposure.

roach just did daniel a favour.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #15
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Im relaxed m8, i know he has 2/3 of the undisputed championship but to be Undisputed champion you need all three titles and if Chavez wins this weekend then he will have to face Chavez to win the 3rd title. Ive seen a few boxers like Geale win world titles m8 and they havent been able to make much money from the titles because either they lack the personality to put bums in seats or they have a boring boxing style.

Calzaghe vs Jones Jr cant be compared to Geale v Chavez mate, dont even come close. Hopkins vs a nobody perhaps. I appreciate Geales style and the way he has gone about winning the titles but im not suggesting like JL that he is the best thing since sliced bread. I honestly think he will get his ass handed to him by either Martinez or Chavez but i give him props for keeping his eye on the prize. Unfortunate that this is not enough when it comes to boxing, you must have a personality and or a kick ass boxing style that puts bums in seats and sells PPV's Geale has neither, so please m8 dont shoot me for pointing out the obvise and sharing what a well known Trainer has stated about Geale. Roach knows his sht and is not some hick just spouting off.

@DK, love your work
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum