Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #31
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Paul Heyman backs Brock Lesnar as UFC Hall of Famer

Because Brock is famous he should be in the hall of fame? I think you're taking the "fame" part in HOF a little too literally.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #32
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Its doesn't mean shit Yaca, because there wern't in the WWE before and they didn't brought over million of ignorant fan that stopped watching MMA as soon there idol, some kind of viking monster that has a dick tatooed on his chest, got destroyed.

There wern't given title shot based only on there popularity and didn't had the chance the fight for the title in one of the weakest HW divsion ever...so they don't deserve to in the UFC all of FAME. Those guy ****in suck and don't deserve any recognition whatsoever. The only thing that is important right now is the post BBF era of the UFC

It's not like putting all those thing into context mean anything or matter in the least...

It's not like all the Lesnar fan base is still following MMA anyway....
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

But what the hell...Brock Lesnar is a legend of MMA, he wasn't helped at all by the UFC machine and he deserve all the credit he can get. FFS if there is an MMA Hall of Fame one day he should be the first one to get into it.

He got 2 of the highest rated PPV ever.

Manage to defend the title twice

Was the most hyped bitches of them all

He was the biggest baddest man on the planet for....3 month and 20 days until....

wich wasn't really far from....

So, yeah.....

LESNAR/COUTURE 2016 4sure bitches !!!
Put up an actual argument instead of just crying like a bitch about how you don't like the guy.

You want to talk about context?

Brock is the most high-profile guy to ever compete in the sport of professional MMA.

Ever.

By FAR.

Not just the most high-profile major-org champion with multiple title defences. He's the most high-profile athlete ever to compete in the sport, full stop.

He took the title belt from a fellow HOFer, and defended it successfully against another former champion and then again against an undefeated interim champion. All of these victories were stoppages. Much as you hate it, that's a very successful career results-wise. And Brock was no can crusher. He fought the top dogs of the division.

You want more context?

Brock was half dead from a life-threatening illness for most of his career, and still won the title and defended it multiple times. His losses to Cain and Overeem came when he was physically shot.

But that's neither here nor there. All you need to know when considering the question is, Brock was a decorated champion with multiple title defences, and nobody else has ever caused more people to give a shit about an MMA event.

He's a first-ballot UFC HOFer, no questions asked. Can't even make a realistic argument for why he shouldn't be in there. Which is why the arguments against him in this thread are nothing but crying and hating.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #33
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well he was famous.... he just couldn't fight.
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #34
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Put up an actual argument instead of just crying like a bitch about how you don't like the guy.

You want to talk about context?

Brock is the most high-profile guy to ever compete in the sport of professional MMA.

Ever.

By FAR.

Not just the most high-profile major-org champion with multiple title defences. He's the most high-profile athlete ever to compete in the sport, full stop.

He took the title belt from a fellow HOFer, and defended it successfully against another former champion and then again against an undefeated interim champion. All of these victories were stoppages. Much as you hate it, that's a very successful career results-wise. And Brock was no can crusher. He fought the top dogs of the division.

You want more context?

Brock was half dead from a life-threatening illness for most of his career, and still won the title and defended it multiple times. His losses to Cain and Overeem came when he was physically shot.

But that's neither here nor there. All you need to know when considering the question is, Brock was a decorated champion with multiple title defences, and nobody else has ever caused more people to give a shit about an MMA event.

He's a first-ballot UFC HOFer, no questions asked. Can't even make a realistic argument for why he shouldn't be in there. Which is why the arguments against him in this thread are nothing but crying and hating.

I'll would post more in details the day you finish our 4 previous argument...

BUT...FYI....

Bold part arn't CONTEXT. Bold part are

1) you using a stupid criteria

and

B)taking excuse from a fighter....AGAIN....even though you said that's not the kind of thing you would do....

Context is when you check when he won and defended it's title, those years were weak for the HW division in the UFC. THAT'S CONTEXT.

I'm not hating the guy, I hate Mir(and Mir deserve to be in the HOF, not Lesnar), I hate Sonnen, I just think Lesnar is irrelevant in MMA, he surfed his WWE fame and manage to bring shit load of HIS fan (not MMA fans, maybe some of them sticked and watch MMA, but most of them left with Lesnar) to watch the sport for the time he was there...nothing more, nothing less. If you think that's HOF worthy then....your an idiot.

I miss the days when HOF meant that you actually did something in a sport, not just use your popularity to get a title shot .

But who cares after all...it's just MMA, not like this is a serious sport...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #35
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
I would post more in details the day you finish our 4 previous argument...

BUT...FYI....

Bold part arn't CONTEXT. Bold part are

1) you using a stupid criteria

and

B)taking excuse from a fighter....AGAIN....even though you said that's not the kind of thing you would do....
Fair enough, it's true. I just threw his sickness in for the sake of it. It does have nothing to do with his HOF credentials.

Quote:
Context is when you check when he won and defended it's title, those years were weak for the HW division in the UFC. THAT'S CONTEXT.
No weaker than the UFC HW division ever was up till now. And two of Brock's title fight victories were against a guy who is already in the HOF plus a guy who you yourself say deserves to be in there.

Quote:
I'm not hating the guy, I hate Mir(and Mir deserve to be in the HOF, not Lesnar), I hate Sonnen,

I hate Nick Diaz and Melvin Guillard*.

Quote:
I just think Lesnar is irrelevant in MMA
If you're writing a history of the UFC, pretty much you can't do it without giving Brock his own chapter.

Quote:
he surfed his WWE fame and manage to bring shit load of HIS fan (not MMA fans, maybe some of them sticked and watch MMA, but most of them left with Lesnar) to watch the sport for the time he was there...nothing more, nothing less.
That's bullshit. Plenty of guys who don't give a **** about WWE playfighting tuned in to watch Brock in the UFC. I didn't give a shit about Brock in the WWE, or even know who he was. Neither did three of my friends, but we all got excited to see the cartoonishly enormous pro wrestling champion actually try to kick the ass of a top-level heavyweight fighter for real. That's exciting stuff for most guys, and you sure as hell don't need to care about pro wrestling to want to see it.

Quote:
If you think that's HOF worthy then....your an idiot.
Headlined four out of the top-six selling PPVs in the sport's history, but he doesn't make the cut for the Hall of Fame. Who's the idiot?

Quote:
I miss the days when HOF meant that you actually did something in a sport, not just use your popularity to get a title shot.
Winning three title fights doesn't mean you "did something" in a sport?

All Brock did in his MMA career was use his popularity to get a title shot? He didn't justify his shot by winning it inside the distance, and then winning two more title fights by stoppage? Including avenging a previous loss to a former champion and future HOFer?

Quote:
But who cares after all...it's just MMA, not like this is a serious sport...

* I don't hate Melvin. I always like to see him on a card, and I have no ill-feeling towards the guy. He's an exciting fighter. But for some reason I love seeing him look incredible, then do something stupid, run into a big shot and get KOed or submitted.
Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #36
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

As stated earlier...

Quote:
I'll would post more in details the day you finish our 4 previous argument...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Fixed
Old 09-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #37
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

UFC hall of fame should be left alone. The Ibhof is a legendary honour only started in 1990. although its getting to be slightly tainted in past years with criticism of fighters and future eligibles being anything less than an atg legend. Fighters as distinguished as tyson and tszyu are debated whether deserving a hof spot.

Lesnar is a scar on a supposed real sport, he is what happens when you have a sport dying for attention. A freakshow holding a championship after a 2-1 record. Its still disgusting to tjink about when fedor was practically ignored in usa in favour for a professional wrestler turned temporary promotion device. Fighters like Liddell Hughes Ortiz shamrock get credit for starting the promotion but damn the UFC criteria pales embarrassing compared to boxing
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #38
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
UFC hall of fame should be left alone. The Ibhof is a legendary honour only started in 1990. although its getting to be slightly tainted in past years with criticism of fighters and future eligibles being anything less than an atg legend. Fighters as distinguished as tyson and tszyu are debated whether deserving a hof spot.

Lesnar is a scar on a supposed real sport, he is what happens when you have a sport dying for attention. A freakshow holding a championship after a 2-1 record. Its still disgusting to tjink about when fedor was practically ignored in usa in favour for a professional wrestler turned temporary promotion device. Fighters like Liddell Hughes Ortiz shamrock get credit for starting the promotion but damn the UFC criteria pales embarrassing compared to boxing
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post

no ****ing shit boxing is over 2000 thousand years old boxing has gotten to the point where you have to be gifted to be a ATG. MMA is so young that we saw the change from one dimensional fighters to the first true MMA fighters. These are the best MMA fighters the world has to offer right now. That said, Brock did enough to earn his spot even if he was scared of punches
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #40
Rattler
R.I.P. - George Jones
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post

Since when did Heymans opinion matter outside of MMA? Paul was great for Pro Wrestling. And did a fantastic job with Brock in OVW/WWE. But Brock bound for the UFC HOF??! If 'fame' is the only criteria.....Hey ho..
If Mark Coleman can be a Hall of Famer, then Brock Lesnar can be too.
Rattler is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #41
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
If Mark Coleman can be a Hall of Famer, then Brock Lesnar can be too.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum