Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109
Default Roy Nelson on 'TUF 16' drama: Dana White 'wants to be a fighter, and he's not'

It sure didn't take long for Roy Nelson to make waves on the set of "The Ultimate Fighter 16."

UFC President Dana White said this past week that the "TUF 10" winner and coach of the reality show's latest installment was already creating trouble in his new role.

"It's probably because he wants to be a fighter, and he's not," Nelson countered in a recent interview with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]).

Talking about Nelson's presence on the reality show, which debuts on FX in September, White called the fighter a chronic "pain in the ass" in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with MMA Fighting.

"The first day, as soon as we start filming, he starts shooting his mouth off and saying dumb [expletive]," White said.

"TUF 16" pits 32 up-and-coming welterweights against each other in a single-elimination tournament for a UFC contract. Nelson (17-7 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Shane Carwin (12-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) coach opposing squads of fighters, after which they are scheduled to meet in a traditional season-ending fight. The long-running show returns to its pre-taped format after the 15th installment used a live format earlier this year.

Nelson said the on-set conflict stemmed from his choices for his assistant coaching staff, which included Olympic gold medalist and pro-wrestling veteran Kurt Angle, former Strikeforce champ Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, and convicted steroid dealer turned anti-steroid advocate Victor Conte.

"I think we were talking about coaching or something like that, and [White's] not a coach," he said. "There's an understanding of being a fighter, and I don't think he understands."

After meeting resistance with his initial choices, Nelson leaked a list approved and unapproved by the UFC, which included Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans, welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre, and Nick and Nate Diaz. He said he had to "work around some issues" and that his staff was unapproved.

"I'm always at the back of the bus when it comes to the UFC," he said. "I'm just trying to further MMA to the next level, hold journalism up to higher standards, holding fights to higher standards, holding promotions to higher standards, holding athletic commissions to higher standards, and even holding the fans to higher standards."

Continue
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roy Nelson on 'TUF 16' drama: Dana White 'wants to be a fighter, and he's not'

Does anybody doubt that that's true? All that "do you wanna be a fighter" crap makes him sound like he actually KNOWS anything about it, which I'm sure is what he wants to sound like. Gotta love Nelson. He must have plenty of FU money in the bank to always be saying what's on his mind.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Default Re: Roy Nelson on 'TUF 16' drama: Dana White 'wants to be a fighter, and he's not'

I'm with Nelson
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

It must be a strange situation where you can't fight for shit yet the worlds most dangerous people bow down to you because you hold all the cards.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I'm with Nelson

But he is big fat and white.... opposite to u chicken legs
kel is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Dana was an amatuer boxer and he's a pretty big guy so id imagine he's fairly handy..
FIN is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIN View Post
Dana was an amatuer boxer and he's a pretty big guy so id imagine he's fairly handy..
Really! for ****s sake shoot me now! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh-P0cPWqfA[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #8
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Really! for ****s sake shoot me now! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
LOL....Dana looks like he just got released from a halfway house somewhere!
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Really! for ****s sake shoot me now! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pre Test Dana cracks me up.
196osh is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum