Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
AndyBoxing96

vCash: 500
Default Amatuer Boxing Rewards

Im going to use Anthony Ogogo as my example here, basically in amatuer boxing i here that its against the rules to get payed etc, so why would the likes of anthony ogogo and anthony joshua stick with the amatuer game if there getting no rewards out of it accept medals and olympic experience, personally i believe its rubbish, these people must get payed theres no way there like you and i and dont get payed, they must have nice cars or houses nice clothes,holidays and so on, could someone explain what they do get? sponsor money?
AndyBoxing96 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3275
Default Re: Amatuer Boxing Rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBoxing96 View Post
Im going to use Anthony Ogogo as my example here, basically in amatuer boxing i here that its against the rules to get payed etc, so why would the likes of anthony ogogo and anthony joshua stick with the amatuer game if there getting no rewards out of it accept medals and olympic experience, personally i believe its rubbish, these people must get payed theres no way there like you and i and dont get payed, they must have nice cars or houses nice clothes,holidays and so on, could someone explain what they do get? sponsor money?
All the top Irish and British Olympians are paid funding.

Not sure the amount though, I read before that they are funded around 30 thousand a year to stay amateur, less money probably if they aren't all that successfull probably at the competitions they are competing in.
weegriffin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing