Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #2491
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,818
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Martinez would definitely get sparked by G-Man in a time machine.
I have my doubts Martinez would apply the same game plan with him, for whatever that might come out to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Not if you're Sulaiman.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #2492
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 157
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Martinez would definitely get sparked by G-Man in a time machine.
Who gives a ****?

He won tonight, showed how overrated the Mexican was, showed he had great heart and put on a performance nobody really thought would happen.
Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #2493
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
He won tonight, showed how overrated the Mexican was, showed he had great heart and put on a performance nobody really thought would happen.
Quite the contrary.

Many people thought Junior was overrated,
many people thought Martinez would dominate him.

Yet Martinez almost got knocked out in the last round against a primitive and an inexperienced opponent.

Yes, both fighters showed big hearts.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #2494
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

First thing I thought when Jr knocked MArtinez down was Chavez vs Taylor I......would be so epic if Jr got the stoppage in the last seconds like his dad vs Taylor.......
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #2495
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,390
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1583 View Post
Quite the contrary.

Many people thought Junior was overrated,
many people thought Martinez would dominate him.

Yet Martinez almost got knocked out in the last round against a primitive and an inexperienced opponent.

Yes, both fighters showed big hearts.
Agreed. They showed big hearts indeed, and it's quite clear that Martinez is no great middleweight also. Not even a slight notch below that level. He's very athletic and physically gifted, but sloppy, defensively porous, and not too sturdy in the grand scheme of things in the division.

Nice outclassing performance, though, from rounds 1-11 from him.
JMP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #2496
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
Who gives a ****?

He won tonight, showed how overrated the Mexican was, showed he had great heart and put on a performance nobody really thought would happen.
Absolute HORSESHIT.

The overrated and outclassed and totally dominated Mexican finished the stronger man and came through all that to come close to finishing the absolutely majestic middleweight champion, he obviously didn't have the gas tank, nor the chin to take all of Jrs shots.

And Jr took a drubbing. The one round Sergio really lost? He was all over the shop.

Rubio wasn't.

Zbik wasn't.

And Chavez, whilst a big lad, is not a big puncher.

Nearly getting stopped is a terrible way to end a supposedly dominating decision win.

Chavez got battered and outclassed and yet Sergio couldn't put him down. The only real success he has and Martinez movement heavy style couldn't stand up any longer.

This proved Martinez, who lost rounds to ****ing Darren 'Ironing Board' Barker, is not all that.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #2497
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Agreed. They showed big hearts indeed, and it's quite clear that Martinez is no great middleweight also. Not even a slight notch below that level. He's very athletic and physically gifted, but sloppy, defensively porous, and not too sturdy in the grand scheme of things in the division.

Nice outclassing performance, though, from rounds 1-11 from him.
Agree 100%

The best dominant performances over supposedly subpar opponents do not involve the better man having to hang on for dear life in the last round because he can't handle the pace he himself has set.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #2498
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,390
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Agree 100%

The best dominant performances over supposedly subpar opponents do not involve the better man having to hang on for dear life in the last round because he can't handle the pace he himself has set.
How do you think a MW matchup between Martinez and Corro would go down? I think we can agree that there's no need to bring the other former Argentinean Ring champion at 160 into this conversation
JMP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #2499
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Corro KO1
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 AM   #2500
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,390
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Corro KO1


I think you misread my question. I was inquiring about Corro-Martinez, not Corro-LaMotta.
JMP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #2501
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 4,088
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

I didn't bother watching it, but any time a Chavez loses, the sun shines just a bit brighter.

And yes, Martinez is not remotely close to a great middleweight. A guy like Hamsho eats him alive.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #2502
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post


I think you misread my question. I was inquiring about Corro-Martinez, not Corro-LaMotta.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #2503
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 157
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Chavez usually comes in at 180, the fact that Martinez couldn't hurt him shows that Chavez had a good chin (we already knew he had but not to that extent) and the fact he was a LHW.

Yeah Sergio got caught in the 12th of an exhausting performance staying on his toes, turning Chavez almost every minute of every round while throwing 908 punches. At 37.

How people are saying Chavez was still inexperienced is bizarre to me.
Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #2504
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 157
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

GGG vs Martinez would be interesting.
Garrus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #2505
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
Chavez usually comes in at 180, the fact that Martinez couldn't hurt him shows that Chavez had a good chin (we already knew he had but not to that extent) and the fact he was a LHW.

Yeah Sergio got caught in the 12th of an exhausting performance staying on his toes, turning Chavez almost every minute of every round while throwing 908 punches. At 37.

How people are saying Chavez was still inexperienced is bizarre to me.
Not to mention the broken hand, torn knee ligaments and outright refusal to attempt to hold on even when in serious peril that would've quelled much of the drama. The lack of appreciation for such a ballsy, courageous performance is appalling.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013