Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Buakaw & Petrosyan Will Meet Again FTR

Well what has been a perennial hypothetical question for some time will now be answered for real and hopefully in decisive style after last times “unsatisfying controversial draw” or as I call it an organised heist in favour of Petro (Buakaw was robbed big time! ). They’ll fight full Thai rules, which favour Buakaw, who some could argue is now past his best, however in my opinion still has enough medicine to sedate “the doctor” FTR .

Anyway it’s a fight we all wanna see and it’s gonna happen on February 13 next year although I don’t know where or under which organisational banner, Glory or Thai Fight maybe?

Let’s remind ourselves what happened at the original scene of the crime Sweden in 2007:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0dlc2CKOoI[/ame]

Here’s the original story courtesy of the ever “diligent” Daniel Fletcher of Fight Sport Asia :

Quote:
Buakaw & Petrosyan Will Meet Again

Thai Fight are putting on the biggest cross-over Muay Thai / K-1 fight there is to make.

Buakaw was the Omnoi Stadium champion & Toyota tournament winner (in the Lumpinee Stadium) who famously crossed over to Japan’s K-1, and – to Anglicise an American phrase – kicked arse and took names.

One of the men who rose to the forefront of K-1′s 70kg “MAX” division towards the back end of Buakaw’s 2004-2009 streak was the Italian sensation Giorgio Petrosyan.

Petrosyan’s only loss came at the hands of Buakaw’s then-team-mate Nonathon Por.Pramuk, but it is a widely held belief that the result was slightly affected by the very nature of it being at a Por.Pramuk event. He faced Buakaw too, in a regional Scandinavian K-1 event that was a glorified qualifier, but that fight in itself was hugely significant; the men battled to a draw.

Now, they will rematch, and both the Muay Thai and K-1 communities will tune in with baited breath.

Also rumoured is the super-fight between Sudsakorn vs. Fabio Pinca – a classic top Thai vs. top farang fight – and also appearing will be the monstrous Saiyok, Lumpinee champion who hasn’t lost since 2007 in a 30+ fight win streak outside of a headbutt at the hands of Mo Khamal.

AWESOME STUFF.

Peace, Light & Love to all.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
boranbkk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Buakaw & Petrosyan Will Meet Again FTR

This is great news.

I dont know if its the smartest thing for Petro, I would favor Buakaw in this fight. Also this will open the door for other FTR getting their rematches under FTR (Khem,Cosmo, Suds, Nuerpol)

But its always nice to see a fighter take the risk he doesnt have to. And I hope win, lose, or draw this isnt the last FTR fight for Petro. The only fights where Petrosyan is not going to be favored are in Thailand.

Cant believe this fight is really gonna happen. I cant wait!

By the way I thought it was an upward elbow that cut Saiyok? Not a headbutt.

Last edited by yaca you; 08-28-2012 at 06:51 PM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
This is great news.

I dont know if its the smartest thing for Petro, I would favor Buakaw in this fight. Also this will open the door for other FTR getting their rematches under FTR (Khem,Cosmo, Suds, Nuerpol)

But its always nice to see a fighter take the risk he doesnt have to. And I hope win, lose, or draw this isnt the last FTR fight for Petro. The only fights where Petrosyan is not going to be favored are in Thailand.

Cant believe this fight is really gonna happen. I cant wait!

By the way I thought it was an upward elbow that cut Saiyok? Not a headbutt.
I thought you'd be glad to hear this and great points in your post. Hyped for this one, really hope it does happen, but Febuary is along way away in the fight game!

I agree, you gotta give it to Petro for taking it especally FTR and as Buakaw's been looking so strong in his last two outings both finishing inside a couple of rounds. Maybe Petro's been reading ESB Yaca and is sick of everyone saying he can't handle FTR!

Possibly a foot in the door for the other guys, but maybe not if you consider the K1 rivalry aspect, the draw last time out and the size of thier combined names. I think this needs to happen outside of Europe and with proper Judges that understand FTRs and have a proven record. Asia would be my preference with Japan being top of the list, but think it'll proabaly happen in Europe again, althoughin BKK would be my choice cos you know the fight won't get stopped on a few small cuts.

Talking of cuts, the Saiyok one is pretty tough to see, but you may be right. The general thinking in circles I talk in is it was head contact but on looking at the Eurosport feed it may have been a quick upward/forward extended push elbow. Either way in Thailand the fight would have gone on and Saiyok was winnng! I'm just so ****ing biased I have no shame!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5q0risSdlY[/ame]
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Shame it couldn't have been arranged earlier, damn Por Pramuk management!!
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

You reckon it was the Por Pramuk camp that put up the bariers to a rematch RJJ?

I doubt it, Thais don't tend to get emotional about who they fight, they have a kind of "anyone anytime as long as I get paid" attitude. The only stipulation I could see coming form the Por Pramuk camp would be loacation, ie not Europe again cos of what happened last time. Anyway, Petro's not known of his love of fighting FTR.

Or maybe Petro was just too busy.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Boran can't find the MT thread can you take a look at this for me

And tell me if it has anything on Berkrek Chartvanchai???

Thanks mate
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 168

If this fight comes off...Great!...Both are excellent.
dpw417 is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Boran can't find the MT thread can you take a look at this for me

And tell me if it has anything on Berkrek Chartvanchai???

Thanks mate
Good website although I never fancied training there too by the numbers for me.

Anyway your boy Berkrek Chartvanchai in there I've posted his pic from the site below. But very frustrating for you very little info. It just has three entries:

His Ring name: Berkrek Chartvanchai

His born name: Berkrek Chartvanchai (says it's same but I don't buy that).

Home Province: Nonthaburi, just north of BKK.

By the way Flea, I've just created my own youtube channel and over the next few weeks will be putting up fotage from the 60s, 70s of many different fighters. I think alot will be fresh for Yutube. I've just posted about 10 clips form the 90s mostly stoppages that I don't think are on you tube already. I've got loads to psot so check it out:

boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Oh, yes! Awesome I'll subscribe

And thanks my man. Thought it might've listed his achievements or summat, that's a shame.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Apparently Petro's management have shot this one down "For now".

Petro's pissing away his chance to slay all those MT doubters and cement his place in the annals combat greatness.......
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #11
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Apparently Petro's management have shot this one down "For now".

Petro's pissing away his chance to slay all those MT doubters and cement his place in the annals combat greatness.......
RJJFan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum