Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Thumbs down huh? whats with the myth that pacquaio has got old and no longer in his prime.

course his got older, thats just life but..

you and i both watched him fight Bradley.

You and i were both shocked with the decision. very shocked.

come on, its the same old Manny, but just not fighting people who will stand infront of him, so he can unleash a 4 hit combo, jump to another different angle, unlesh a 3 hit combo, then get the hell out the way, continuously.

its the same old Manny who batterd Cotto to a pulp, and effectively ended Margarito's career and gave him one hell of a beating.

its the same bad ass Manny. Alot of people had Bradley winning before the fight (so did i), purely because his competition got better, it was the Desert Storm, but after the 12 rounds, i really thought pacquaio dominated. I think the Bradley fight kind of proved that he hasn't lost it, but people have adjusted to his style, and come better prepared, if Cotto II happened [@154], i think we would see that.

Hopefully as a fan, i hope i get to see THE fight in 2013, i dont need to mention his name do i? $$$$££££MONEY£££££$$$$

I would of said that in his next fight, pacmonster will show it, but its ATG Marquez, so i just dont know, i watched III, i was getting all excited to hear THE NEW, because you and i both thought Marquez won, because it should of been redemption we know how that ended up. this is not a match up i would bet on, cause i just dont know, which makes it more of a spectical. Must watch kind of thing.

Manny in 2012 is still as good as 2009 IMO. When a great fighter fights a good fighter, course his going to look great, but when a great fighter fights another great fighter, its hard to look great. its just because his fighting other great fighters who aint drained etc.

what you think world?
raichu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
sugersean15
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 487
Default Re: huh? whats with the myth that pacquaio has got old and no longer in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
course his got older, thats just life but..

you and i both watched him fight Bradley.

You and i were both shocked with the decision. very shocked.

come on, its the same old Manny, but just not fighting people who will stand infront of him, so he can unleash a 4 hit combo, jump to another different angle, unlesh a 3 hit combo, then get the hell out the way, continuously.

its the same old Manny who batterd Cotto to a pulp, and effectively ended Margarito's career and gave him one hell of a beating.

its the same bad ass Manny. Alot of people had Bradley winning before the fight (so did i), purely because his competition got better, it was the Desert Storm, but after the 12 rounds, i really thought pacquaio dominated. I think the Bradley fight kind of proved that he hasn't lost it, but people have adjusted to his style, and come better prepared, if Cotto II happened [@154], i think we would see that.

Hopefully as a fan, i hope i get to see THE fight in 2013, i dont need to mention his name do i? $$$$££££MONEY£££££$$$$

I would of said that in his next fight, pacmonster will show it, but its ATG Marquez, so i just dont know, i watched III, i was getting all excited to hear THE NEW, because you and i both thought Marquez won, because it should of been redemption we know how that ended up. this is not a match up i would bet on, cause i just dont know, which makes it more of a spectical. Must watch kind of thing.

Manny in 2012 is still as good as 2009 IMO. When a great fighter fights a good fighter, course his going to look great, but when a great fighter fights another great fighter, its hard to look great. its just because his fighting other great fighters who aint drained etc.

what you think world?
its called getting exposed brah
sugersean15 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740
Default Re: huh? whats with the myth that pacquaio has got old and no longer in his prime.

Getting exposed or if he is getting old, what might be happening to him is the same thing he capitalized on that brought him to stardom...fighting guys on the way out or past their best.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

A man known for a constant assault over 12 rounds barely scraped together 30 seconds of offense a round. If that isn't showing signs of aging (we know it's not testing), I don't know what is.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

You need excuses for his last 2 performances. Next thing we know, Pactards tell us Marquez purposefully weighted for Emmanuel to get old. Which is of course makes sense in the Hopkins kind of way.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Pac hasn't had a KO in 3 years. When's the last time that happened? Never. Not even close.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
Pac hasn't had a KO in 3 years. When's the last time that happened? Never. Not even close.
Ref should of stopped margarito fight, it ended his career, then it would of been 2 years.

Then he had a fight with some steel chined guys, who probs hydrate to 160. he cant just knock everyone out, he aint some KO artist, come on now.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #8
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post

He needs to get back on the roids. Unfortunately the commissions are on too him, and since he doesn't have the drawing power he use to have, they might not turn a blind eye anymore.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Clarky Cat
Stalwart
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuropoors View Post
He demolished Bradley.

Only blacks think Bradley won, no need to guess why.
Because you're a ****ing ignoramus?
Clarky Cat is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

He beat Bradley easily but he's long past his best. The last time we saw the real Pacquiao was against Cotto.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
P.M.
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuropoors View Post
He demolished Bradley.

Only blacks think Bradley won, no need to guess why.
Wouldn't say he demolished Bradley, not sure who thinks Bradley won except he did win? We all know pac got robbed from a black guy
P.M. is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
Pokerpapi999
Inmigration reform NOW!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Pac is the man and he will still be
Pokerpapi999 is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Its not the same ol' manny, and Ive noticed it since the Margarito fight. Maybe that fight was harder then it appeared for Pac? Idk, its just that to me he hasnt been the same since. Hes still elite no question, still p4p, still awesome. But if you look closely, hes not the same fighter he used to be with his mentality. Maybe his life is making him softer or his religion or whatever, but bradley wouldnt see the 9th round against the Pac that fought Morales, Cotto or Margarito.

Just imo.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.M. View Post
Wouldn't say he demolished Bradley, not sure who thinks Bradley won except he did win? We all know pac got robbed from a black guy
I was rooting for Pac, and I think he won, but I had the fight a lot closer then most people. However, a win is a win, be it close or wide, n Pac should have won.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Its not the same ol' manny, and Ive noticed it since the Margarito fight. Maybe that fight was harder then it appeared for Pac? Idk, its just that to me he hasnt been the same since. Hes still elite no question, still p4p, still awesome. But if you look closely, hes not the same fighter he used to be with his mentality. Maybe his life is making him softer or his religion or whatever, but bradley wouldnt see the 9th round against the Pac that fought Morales, Cotto or Margarito.

Just imo.
bobotnaman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum