Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
Norbix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: huh? whats with the myth that pacquaio has got old and no longer in his prime.

It's because he's been given fights there aren't challenges for years now. The only person who's given him a challenge since 2008 was Marquez. I thought maybe the last Marquez fight would've humbled him, but he didn't look his old self against Bradley at all. Who knows, he's got the L recently and the majority of people think he lost against Marquez too so maybe that will reignite his fire.
Norbix is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #17
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: huh? whats with the myth that pacquaio has got old and no longer in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Its not the same ol' manny, and Ive noticed it since the Margarito fight. Maybe that fight was harder then it appeared for Pac? Idk, its just that to me he hasnt been the same since. Hes still elite no question, still p4p, still awesome. But if you look closely, hes not the same fighter he used to be with his mentality. Maybe his life is making him softer or his religion or whatever, but bradley wouldnt see the 9th round against the Pac that fought Morales, Cotto or Margarito.

Just imo.
ok kool, nice points, but i just dont see how a prize fighter who is known to fight and been fighting since he was a kid can just get soft cause of his life, he aint doing anything new, apart from politics.

couldn't it be that his competition has kept getting better, and he cant get the KO cause fighters are making sure they dont get KO'd? like Mosley thought fuk fighting him, im going to touch gloves every opportunity?
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

STATEMENT: Pacquaio was robbed against Timothy Bradley

almost a fact.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
ok kool, nice points, but i just dont see how a prize fighter who is known to fight and been fighting since he was a kid can just get soft cause of his life, he aint doing anything new, apart from politics.

couldn't it be that his competition has kept getting better, and he cant get the KO cause fighters are making sure they dont get KO'd? like Mosley thought fuk fighting him, im going to touch gloves every opportunity?
competition getting better? you meant Bradley? cmon now.
the guy is 34. fought 60 fights.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
competition getting better? you meant Bradley? cmon now.
the guy is 34. fought 60 fights.
Yes Timothy Bradley who i seen ALOT of people picking him, and they wasn't bullshiting.

I won a real money bet on the fight cause i thought Bradley was a bad man, undefeated young world champion who dont know when to quit, which is why his STILLLLLL undefeated.

60 fights but he turned pro when he was what, 12? lol he was young anyway.

34 is a nice age for a boxer, if Manny was still fighting drained damaged goods [cotto & hatton] you'd see more KO's.

i just dont think he was past it during the Bradley fight, i just see it as an excuse.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yes Timothy Bradley who i seen ALOT of people picking him, and they wasn't bullshiting.

I won a real money bet on the fight cause i thought Bradley was a bad man, undefeated young world champion who dont know when to quit, which is why his STILLLLLL undefeated.

60 fights but he turned pro when he was what, 12? lol he was young anyway.

34 is a nice age for a boxer, if Manny was still fighting drained damaged goods [cotto & hatton] you'd see more KO's.

i just dont think he was past it during the Bradley fight, i just see it as an excuse.
i suggest going back to playing pokemon kid.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #22
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i suggest going back to playing pokemon kid.
ok, ill go play pokemon, obviously english aint your first language, everything i put was basic.

you just couldn't argue so you had to talk about pokemon smh,

winner of the little arguement was me, as your bitch ass couldnt stick to topic.

Prime Pac Monster Vs Prime Timothey Bradley, SD Timothy Bradley, FACT
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #23
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

Quote:
ok, ill go play pokemon, obviously english aint your first language, everything i put was basic.

you just couldn't argue so you had to talk about pokemon smh,

winner of the little arguement was me, as your bitch ass couldnt stick to topic.

Prime Pac Monster Vs Prime Timothey Bradley, SD Timothy Bradley, FACT
good job winning the argument kid.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #24
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuropoors View Post
typical black, look what I said earlier

Go scratch your head some more :
so basically, you're a racist? you will soon disapear
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
good job winning the argument kid.

yeah won that, won your moms heart, im just all round winner. your bitch ass dont know shit.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I called it earlier. Only blacks think Bradley won (due to racism, nationalism) and you fit the example.

Don't you feel uneasy knowing you're a walking stereotype?
so 2 of the judges were black? highly unlikely.

you didn't read my OP obvs, anyway, im replying to a troll, wasting my time.

you need a life

your a loser
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That "hood" education, lmao.

shall we get the thesaurus out, and see what words i could of used differently too?

english lessons are boring and so are you. loser
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #28
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:

As for his opponents getting better, no, I def dont think its that. Theres no way bradley has anything on Cotto (imo), not a damn thing. Skills, speed, power, overall ability..... Cotto is simply a much superior fighter then Bradley. The only thing Bradley has over Cotto is his mind, but thats not what saved him in the fight, because the Pac-Bradley fight was all about (to me) what Pac wasnt doing, not what Bradley did. I also dont think Bradley can touch JMM in the skills department, so thats not it either.

We can throw the Mosley fight out, I dont even blame Pac for that fight Mosley was there to stink the joint out.

But Bradley, thats on Pac.... and JMM3?

Lets put it like this man and this is my main point to emphasize what im talking about.

He had an older JMM, and one that was moving UP to a weight he shouldnt be at to fight Pac (who carries the weight really well), and despite the fact that JMM was older (then their second fight, not older then Pac) and out of his weight, that was probably the most one sided of all three fights in favor of JMM.

So, besides having Bradley, a guy he would have torched 4 years ago, going the distance with him and doing enough to get a controversial decision, an older and heavier JMM does the best hes ever done with Pac.

Trust me man, Pac isnt the same and its not his speed or power, its something mental.

Things grow old, things get boring, people fall out of love with boxing and yes, some people def get softer over time especially when living the high life on a constant basis. Maybe its that, maybe it has nothing to do with those things, but I for one can def see the difference.

Dont get me wrong its not a huuuuuge difference, its not like Im saying hes shot or anything, hell no far from it. But those little things here n there each round, at the elite lvl, through the course of 12 rounds can often mean the difference between stopping someone in the 10th round having put in the work and broken them down round by round, or having it go to a contested decision.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #29
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

^ It is mental, but it's speed and power also. He's not half as fast now as he used to be. That was clearly evident in the Bradley fight. He was already showing signs of physical decline when he fought Margarito. This is just what happens in boxing as you age , it hits everybody at different times.

It really doesn't matter what Pacquiao's mentality is now, unless he can hop in a time machine he's never going to be as fast or explosive as he once was. His style doesn't age well either. I won't be surprised at all if he loses this fight.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #30
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

if pac beats marquez, marquez is old.

if marquez beats pac, pac aint the same fighter.

the real winner is Bob Arum
raichu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum