Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Adidas Boxing Gloves/Shoes

It seems like Adidas boxing products are rarely mentioned when people ask for equipment recommendations. Are Adidas boxing products not as good as companies that specialize in boxing gear?

I found a sporting goods store that sells mainly Adidas boxing gear and made some impulse buys this past weekend without doing any research. Kinda regret it now though. Anyone have experience using either of these products?

Adidas "Performer" Boxing Gloves (paid about $82)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Adidas Performer Boxing Gloves Overview
Adidas Performer Boxing Gloves are built to work as hard as you do. Work up a sweat with Climacool moisture wicking fabrics keeping your hands cool and dry. Calf leather palm with PU thumb and 8cm elastic wrap for easy on/off.

Adidas Performer Boxing Gloves Features:
Buff calf leather palm, thumb in PU
Mesh finger area plus full moisture wicking palm inside
8cm wide PU/velcro elastic wrap around strap closing
Injection Moulded Foam padded with integrated gel
Climacool moisture wicking fabric technology

Adidas Box Hog Boxing Shoes (paid about $74)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885
Default Re: Adidas Boxing Gloves/Shoes

I'm a fairly big fan of the adidas boxing gloves. They feel really compact and solid, a lot better than the big pillows you sometimes find.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
I'm a fairly big fan of the adidas boxing gloves. They feel really compact and solid, a lot better than the big pillows you sometimes find.
Would it be bad to use these for sparring then? And I dont wanna spend any more money on boxing for a while. Any cons for using the same gloves for bag work and sparring? I got the 14 oz ones btw.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I got the Adidas Combat Speed boxing shoes. Nothing spectacular, but they are light weight, have a good sole and do the trick. Haven't had them long enough to comment about durability.

Can't comment on gloves either. In Ontario, the only Adidas gloves they sell in stores are the low end toy plastic ones.

BTW - most coaches would prefer you use 16 oz for sparring, and have a dedicated pair for bag and sparring. So I guess it's your coach's call. 16 oz is softer impact obviously, and using them on the bags may compact the cushion over time a bit making it harder than it's supposed to be.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I have a pair of Vapourspeed II shoes and although I loved them at first,I could swear the ****ers have shrunk.
I've also had two pairs of gloves;10oz Boxfit and 12oz Performer.At the time I was mad for all things Adidas so was happy to buy em',but if I'm honest I think the gloves are a tad overrated.Not expecting Cleto quality but I've got a pair of Rivals now and they're in a different league.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

I say Adidas are good for boxing boots and thats about it. For the same price of Adidas Gloves you could most probably find Reyes ones for the same price online
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I've only used the gloves and shoes once so far, but overall I'm happy with the gloves. Again, I wish I looked around and compared different brands in the same price range instead of making an impulse buy, but can't do anything about that now. I bought the gloves/shoes while I was in Singapore, and the only brands I could have gotten here in Korea in the same price range or cheaper are Korean brands. Think I could've gotten Ringside or Twins gloves for cheaper, too, but I didn't know that at the time. The same gloves and shoes cost a lot more here than what I paid for them.

The only issue I have with the shoes is that the right foot is about a half size too big. My toe started hurting last night while doing my jump rope warm up, and it's still bothering me a bit today just walking around. Gonna try doubling up my socks next time.

If I ever decide to buy new gloves and/or shoes, I'll definitely do my research beforehand.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing