Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #46
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto vs Trout Press Conference, Info, Analysis and Updates!

Heck they even mention that Gomez was going to walk over Cotto because of his size and strength, and Cotto demolished the guy.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #47
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

This is going to be a good fight. Cotto should win....probably by KO, late....but Early on I see Trout having some success working behind the long jab and creating a little too much space for Cotto to have success on the inside. Eventually I see the constant intelligent pressure from Cotto begin to grind Austin down...but I think it will be an exciting scrap!
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #48
Ricky369
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just watched a couple of videos of Austin Trout. I am not impressed. OF course I expect him to bring something better against Cotto. But I saw very basic boxing. A lot of 1-2. A lot of jabbing. We know Cotto knows how to handle that jab. Trout is not even half what Mosley was when he fought Cotto. He isn't too difficult to hit either. Watch his last fight. Cotto has better timing, speed, and power than Delvin Rodriguez. If Cotto shows up at 90%, he should have not problem
Ricky369 is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #49
Caestus
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Trout counts with with the size advantage but I think Cotto will win.
Caestus is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #50
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Is this fight going to be on Showtime? I don't see it under HBO's schedule
Leon is offline  Top
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #51
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

showtime non ppv
avenel is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #52
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Miguel Training at El Morro!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #53
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

It's beautiful out there.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #54
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
When undefeated junior middleweight [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] defends his WBA "regular" belt against three-division titlewinner [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Dec. 1, he will be returning to his family's roots.
"I have a lot of family there in Brooklyn and in Queens, so I've been there many before. My mother, M.J. Trout, she's from there. She was born in Brooklyn, and she's looking forward to going back there and seeing family. My grandparents live there. I have aunts and uncles there and cousins," said Trout (25-0, 14 knockouts), a southpaw who lives in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
"Plus, my promoter, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], he's from there. I've been to New York quite a bit in my lifetime. I'm actually part Panamanian too, so we have some relatives in Harlem as well. And here is an interesting fact: My third cousin is [former Minnesota twins and California Angeles first baseman] Rod Carew. So I'm expecting probably around 50 or more people from my family, maybe even 70 to be at the fight."
An underdog, Trout will need all of the support that he can muster against Cotto (37-3, 30 KOs), whom he [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]at The Garden where the Puerto Rican fighter is 7-0 with four knockouts.
Cotto, who turns 32 in October, is 9-0 overall with five stoppage wins in New York, having scored stoppages of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and decisions over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in fights that have all taken place at The Garden.
By the time Cotto enters the ring opposite Trout, it will have been nearly a year to the day since Cotto came up with his third straight stoppage victory over Margarito on Dec. 3 to avenge the first loss of his career.
Trout is coming off a unanimous decision over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in June that followed a Showtime-televised sixth-round stoppage of Frank LoPorto last November.
Trout, who turned 27 on Sept. 18, said that his relatives are arguing in his favor against local naysayers who do not believe he can be victorious against Cotto.
"They're going to bat for me. They've been going at it with their co-workers and and their neighbors and whatnot. But it's all out of love, you know? I'm hoping that they're all going to be there," said Trout.

"Because they're going to be able to go to work with pride the Monday after the fight and say, 'that was my cousin,' and, 'where's my money. Give me my money, because I told your a-- he was going to win."
Golden Boy Promotions has scheduled a press conference for Monday in New York on the city's Museum Mile at the El Museo Del Barrio at 1230 Fifth Avenue in New York. Doors will be open to the public at 11:30 a.m., with the press conference to begin at 12:30 p.m.
Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #55
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Is this fight going to be on Showtime? I don't see it under HBO's schedule
Showtime yes, not ShoPPV. GBP is really pushing Showtime, and good for them. Competition has always been fantastic for boxing.
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #56
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Miguel working with Pedro Diaz in PR and working technique with HW Solis.

.....does this indicates that Cotto may be on his 'hunter/killer" mode for the Trout fight?

"...and the right, and the left, upper....Left hook to the body!.......DOWN GOES TROUT!!!!"
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #57
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Miguel Cotto y Austin Trout estarán en Caguas el 26 de septiembre
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] El pasado mayo, Cotto sufrió una derrota por decisión unánime ante Floyd Mayweather Jr. ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

jueves, 20 de septiembre de 2012
Actualizado hace 9 horas
(creado 04:55 p.m.)

Primerahora.com

Miguel Cotto y Austin Trout completarán una corta gira para oficialmente anunciar el evento del 1 de diciembre en el Madison Square Garden de Nueva York.

La misma iniciará el 24 de septiembre en El Museo del barrio en la Quinta Avenida de Nueva York, mientras que el 26 de septiembre se presentarán en el anfiteatro Paseo de las Artes en Caguas, a las 5:00 de la tarde.
El puertorriqueño intentará sumar otro cinturón a su colección cuando rete a Trout por el título superwelter (154 libras) de la Asociación Mundial de Boxeo (AMB) en una cartelera que será transmitida en vivo por Showtime. Ambas conferencias de prensa serán abiertas al público.

El pasado mayo, Cotto sufrió una derrota por decisión unánime ante Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Asimismo, se anunció mediante una comunicación escrita, que los precios de los boletos para el evento serán de $500, $300, $200, $100 y $50, sin incluir cargos aplicables por servicio e impuestos. Estarán a la venta a partir del martes, 25 de septiembre, a la 1:00 de la tarde.
Los boletos se pueden adquirir en el Madison Square Garden y en Ticket Master ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]).

Source: Primera Hora [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #58
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Default Cotto to Train at HIGH ALTITUDE!

Cotto will be training at High Altitude for his fight with Trout! We should see the best Cotto yet for this fight!

Guerra Miguel!!!

Quote:
Miguel Cotto rumbo a las alturas
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Será la tercera ocasión en que el cubano Pedro Luis Díaz (al centro) entrenará al ex campeón boricua Miguel Cotto, quien se enfrentará al estadounidense Austin Trout. (Archivo)

viernes, 21 de septiembre de 2012
Carlos González / [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Miguel Cotto realizará entrenamiento en altura como parte de su preparación para el compromiso con Austin Trout el 1 de diciembre.

El reconocido entrenador cubano Pedro Luis Díaz destacó que por primera vez el púgil puertorriqueño entrena en un lugar ubicado a 2,000 metros sobre el nivel del mar.
“Tenemos dos o tres lugares previstos, pero todavía no hemos tomado una decisión. Será muy beneficioso para Miguel en términos de oxigenar la sangre”, explicó Díaz a Primera Hora.

“Será la primera vez que lo hace y es parte del plan que se está discutiendo todavía”, agregó.
Díaz, quien estará trabajando con Cotto por tercera ocasión, señaló que el boxeador está entusiasmado con la idea de incorporar nuevos métodos a sus entrenamientos.
“(Cotto) sabe que es beneficioso para su futuro como atleta. El trabajo que hemos venido haciendo desde la pelea contra Antonio Margarito (diciembre de 2011) y luego para la de Floyd Mayweather (mayo 2012) fue pensando a largo plazo”, sostuvo Díaz.
La pareja inició la etapa preliminar del campamento el pasado lunes, en Aguas Buenas, y el entrenador está complacido con lo que vio.
Díaz relató que Cotto está haciendo carreras en las mañanas y en las tardes entra al gimnasio en Aguas Buenas.

Sin embargo, adelantó que permanecerán en Puerto Rico hasta finales de septiembre y luego se trasladarán a Orlando, Florida, por varias semanas. Para finales de octubre y principios de noviembre, entrenarán en altura antes de regresar a Orlando para la etapa final.
Cotto intentará convertirse en campeón por quinta ocasión cuando rete a Trout por el cinturón superwélter (154 libras) de la Asociación Mundial de Boxeo (AMB).
“Miguel se encuentra en el mejor momento de su carrera y estoy seguro que el trabajo que ha venido realizando lo va a premiar”, concluyó Díaz.
Los púgiles realizarán una conferencia de prensa el 24 de septiembre en Nueva York y el 26 de septiembre estarán en el Paseo de las Artes en Caguas para el cierre de la corta gira promocional.

Source: Primera Hora [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Boxer is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #59
avenel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

thats a nice pic him at el morro i was there in august
avenel is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #60
Da Boxer
Cotto Soldier
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenel View Post
thats a nice pic him at el morro i was there in august
Cool man! Yeah, its pretty sick in there. I love the view. I personally have not been at El Morro in about 3 years or so. Heck! I have not been to PR in about 3 years or so! lol!

I'm planning to spend the holidays there, should be a blast! Trying to see how I could work it out so I could fly to NYC and watch the fight live, go back to work, and back to PR.....(I'm currently working in Bahrain).

Cant wait to get back to the Texas! I miss the US of A!!!!
Da Boxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum