Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default White to UFC 152 critics, boo-birds: 'Don't ever buy another UFC pay-per-view again'

Quote:
TORONTO Dana White has reached the end of his rope with critics of tactical fights.

"Let me tell you what: If you didn't like that flyweight fight, please, I'm begging you, don't ever buy another UFC pay-per-view again," White told MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) in response to fans booing during UFC 152's co-main event.

The UFC president issued his plea at the post-event news conference on Saturday at Air Canada Centre in Toronto.

It apparently was an expression a long time coming.

"I've been trying to avoid this," White said. "I said I was going to do it, and then I said I wasn't going to do it, and I've been fighting with myself."

But in the end, White almost always fights.

"It's like, it doesn't matter what we do, how many fights in a row we put on, how many times these guys perform," he said. "I mean, I was reading Twitter tonight, (and) these people were ripping on the flyweight (title fight).

Instead of telling them not to watch, he told them not to buy his company's primary product.

"Don't ever buy another one," White said. "I don't want your money. You're a moron, you don't like fighting, you don't appreciate great talent, or heart, if you didn't like that flyweight fight."

White repeatedly has lashed out at those who attack the quality of fights in the UFC, whether they be too short, too long, too boring, too this, too that. He's also taken aim at critics of the UFC, and those who say shows are being watered down with too many events, and reporters that proclaim the promotion is on a downslope. But following UFC 152, he delivered the most pointed comeback of his tenure as the promotion's figurehead.

White spent several minutes conducting his own fact check on a column critical of the UFC in the Toronto Sun newspaper. He listed a series of claims made by columnist Steve Simmons and scornfully contradicted all of them. Before launching his inquisition, he asked if the reporter were present.

He wanted to offer his fight, his rebuttal, in person.

The audience at Air Canada Centre also wanted a fight, or several. The fans largely got them, but during a fight between Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez for the first UFC flyweight championship, they booed.

Of course, there was no finish to the fight. Johnson and Benavidez bounded around the ring with blistering speed, leaping and parrying and scrambling for five five-minute rounds. It was the opposite of a slugfest. But the skill on display was unquestionable.

White said he was "horrified" by the live reaction.

Great response Dana. Because that's exactly what will happen. Seriously when is Zuffa going to get someone professional enough to deal with criticism. This guy clearly flunked his damage limitation class.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: White to UFC 152 critics, boo-birds: 'Don't ever buy another UFC pay-per-view aga

that's arrogance
macp1 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Default Re: White to UFC 152 critics, boo-birds: 'Don't ever buy another UFC pay-per-view aga

This is the result of the monopoly that Dana has brought on himself. When the spotlight is on you solely you have to be ready to deal with criticism. His crude, brash and churlish responses will endear him to no one. Especially the casual fans who are lining his pockets. Utterly ridiculous response from him.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Hoshi
bigboi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2419

Lost the plot. The sooner more well run, sustainable orgs arrive the better for this sport I used to love.
Hoshi is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Atlanta2

vCash: 500

Haggis is going to be up in this mother****er real quick, shit is like the bat signal.
Atlanta2 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta2 View Post
Haggis is going to be up in this mother****er real quick, shit is like the bat signal.
Even the noobs have him sussed.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tremendous View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 09-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

The boos pissed me off to considering I thought that the Flyweight title fight was amazing but come on Dana what other CEO acts like this ? If I drank a Pepsi and thought it tasted bad do you think the CEO would tell me dont ever buy another one ? Grow up.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Surely a better place to aim his vitriol would be to the fans that booed in the arena. Couldn't understand it, fast paced and highly enjoyable bout demonstrating every facet of MMA.

Mighty Mouse is incredible, and still has a good speed advantage at 125lbs. Winner of Dodson Vs Jussier Da Silva should get next shot IMO. Benavidez Vs Uncle Creepy is surely the way to go as well.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Dana thinks he is the God of MMA but he isnt and if he keeps acting like he is it wont go down in a good way
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Great response Dana. Because that's exactly what will happen. Seriously when is Zuffa going to get someone professional enough to deal with criticism. This guy clearly flunked his damage limitation class.

Scur, seems as if White is in 'panic' mode....The majority of their PPV cards have been downright awful lately.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Scur, seems as if White is in 'panic' mode....The majority of their PPV cards have been downright awful lately.
The UFC have a serious problem. And to be frank it can be remedied fairly easily if Dana wasn't at the helm. Last nights card wasn't that bad. Although to be fair i just fast forwarded through most of it to the main event. I just can't watch a full UFC card anymore. I just don't get up for them like i used to.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
The UFC have a serious problem. And to be frank it can be remedied fairly easily if Dana wasn't at the helm. Last nights card wasn't that bad. Although to be fair i just fast forwarded through most of it to the main event. I just can't watch a full UFC card anymore. I just don't get up for them like i used to.
That must be why he desperately wants to expand outside of the U.S.
The bubble has burst in the U.S.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum