Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 09-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #1
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Szpilka speaks about Adamek

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Artur Szpilka is frequently asked about fighting Tomasz Adamek. The young boxer always talks about how he would defeat the Gilowice native "Góral". He said nothing new during the boxing card in Wroclaw this weekend.

"I can't wait for this. I think that at the end of 2013 this fight will happen. I hate him, I don't know where all this hate comes from", said Szpilka.

One of the reporters asked him, if Szpilka isn't aimin too high at the moment. This question irritated Szpilka. "I'm not aiming too high. Why? What did he achieve as a heavyweight? The only surpise he made was beating Arreola. All his other opponents were bums. Who did he beat? Maddalone? Give me a f****** break. At cruiser he was great, but at heavyweight he has no punch. You'll see, I'll get him", said an irritate Szpilka.

Tomasz Adamek doesn't want to create any media hype around this. However, will he show in the ring in the future, that "Szpila" is wrong? It does not look like it will happen any time soon.

Szpilka throws abuse at Adamek at any opportunity, it's been going on for a while, he must be very confident in himself to demand a fight with Adamek

if it were to happen late next year, who's your pick?
damian38 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
gregy741
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Szpilka speaks about Adamek

dont know whats wrong with him....i told him if he keep talking shit i gonna change my avatar...
Szpilka fought bums and only bums in heavy,and didnt look impressive at times.
someone should remind him sullsberry fight....
unless this is some kinda"david haye" strategy to land a big fight...talk his way up
gregy741 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

I think he is just talking shit to get the fight. He is a punk still and a fight like that would generate huge cash and publicity, especially since he is the type of fighter that can hype it up to be so by running his mouth.

In all honesty for a guy like Szpilka it makes sense. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. But why would Adamek fight Szpilka? Waaaayyy below his level. And what if he should get nailed and happen to lose? Just not worth it. Adamek will fight Solis or whoever he is fighting, then based on that he will probably take a title shot. I believe he will take the pay-out, get whooped by Wlad, and call it a day. And he deserves it because say what you want but he is the hardest working top 10 boxer out there today. Has been fighting every 4 months consistently now ever since getting free from Don King. The only way I see him fighting Szpilka is after a title shot as a farewell fight, and to pocket the extra cash, in a big bout in Poland. Adamek is on the down-slide himself imo.

Szpilka needs to stfu. He hasn't necessarily looked hot and lived up to the initial hype around him so he needs to tread carefully before he finds himself on the canvas against some gate-keeper, while calling a seasoned veteran like Adamek out.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

As of today, Szpilka is my favourite Polish boxer.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post

I see you have a hard-on for punks.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

This fight wont happen.

Makes no sense...Adamek is at the end of his career and Szpilka is still a nobody.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Sucks to be you..in a recent interview he said he hates white german kids who wish they were Black Brits.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Angol
Francisco Scaramanga
ESB Full Member

its dissapointing to see szpilka behaving this way. adamek has achieved alot throughout his career, and deserves respect from someone like szpilka. however, i think its to be expected, due to his nature.

i think this will rumble on for a while, with adamek largely ignoring szpilka whilst he chases his final payday with wlad.

however, i would consider making the trip over to poland, for this fight... would be a good night out, in wroclaw or warsaw, i guess.
Angol is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregy741 View Post
dont know whats wrong with him....i told him if he keep talking shit i gonna change my avatar...
Szpilka fought bums and only bums in heavy,and didnt look impressive at times.
someone should remind him sullsberry fight....
unless this is some kinda"david haye" strategy to land a big fight...talk his way up
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 118

Szpilka is a trash talking bum, he's nowhere near Adameks level.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Adamek would whip his ass. Make that shit happen in 2013 in one of them new Polish football stadiums!
Honor is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angol View Post
its dissapointing to see szpilka behaving this way. adamek has achieved alot throughout his career, and deserves respect from someone like szpilka. however, i think its to be expected, due to his nature.

i think this will rumble on for a while, with adamek largely ignoring szpilka whilst he chases his final payday with wlad.

however, i would consider making the trip over to poland, for this fight... would be a good night out, in wroclaw or warsaw, i guess.
Szpilka is doing what he can to talk his way into this fight.

Szpilka is starting to be like the Polish Haye in this regard. Not a fan of this type of behavior. Adamek has been an ambassador for the sport, and has done an awesome job representing his country. Is a very exciting fighter, who has been through many wars, 3 of which were FOTY candidates, he was never afraid of facing anyone, and took risks he didn't need to take, but did it, because that is what boxing is. He is a true veteran of the sport. He is a top HW, and while not as popular at this weight, his past achievments at CW and LHW shouldn't be forgotten. At HW he has gone further and achieved more then anyone would have given him when he was still a CW, but he did it.

All while Szpilka right now is nothing more then a hyped up punk.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #13
Dio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 429

Its like we Poles want Szpilka to succeed, but this type of behaver is not acceptable.
Adamek deserves respect.
Dio is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
Its like we Poles want Szpilka to succeed, but this type of behaver is not acceptable.
Adamek deserves respect.
Yes. But then we all know this is a marketing ploy to create interest in this fight and it goes hand in hand with his bad boy image. I understand it, but totally don't respect it since a) I've criticized guys like Haye for the exact same thing and b) because fighters like Adamek are living proof you can have all the title shots, money and fan base in the world while keeping your mouth shut and letting your fists do the talking. I understand everyone has their style, but Szpilka can't carry Adamek's jockstrap at this point, let alone be credible while talking shit about him. This from a Szpilka fan.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
Adamek deserves respect.
spot on
damian38 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum