Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #31
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: How to you endure a strangulation choke hold ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Wow this choking business is deadly.
No kidding
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #32
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Wow this choking business is deadly.
White Tiger up to no good in the MMA forum. Shoo, away with you

For the record if someone was choking you on the street you could just put your finger in their eye or grab a bollock.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #33
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
White Tiger up to no good in the MMA forum. Shoo, away with you

For the record if someone was choking you on the street you could just put your finger in their eye or grab a bollock.
The end result? I die and you have a bruised eye.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Yeah, I think that if your intent is to choke someone to death, you will be working with enough adrenaline to withstand most pain for a couple seconds.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #35
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yeah, I think that if your intent is to choke someone to death, you will be working with enough adrenaline to withstand most pain for a couple seconds.
firstly, I didn't think we were talking about some BJJ killer trying to take you out more just someone getting you round the neck. Furthermore, have you ever had a bollock grabbed and twisted. That is not a pain any mortal can hope to withstand, it has an effect on your body way beyond that of regular pain.

Also if someone puts their finger through your eyeball or starts pulling your eyeball out you are letting the **** go of their neck. But please lets not get serious about a White Tiger thread.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #36
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
firstly, I didn't think we were talking about some BJJ killer trying to take you out more just someone getting you round the neck. Furthermore, have you ever had a bollock grabbed and twisted. That is not a pain any mortal can hope to withstand, it has an effect on your body way beyond that of regular pain.

Also if someone puts their finger through your eyeball or starts pulling your eyeball out you are letting the **** go of their neck. But please lets not get serious about a White Tiger thread.
You won't be able to grab a bollock when someone has RNC on you, if they know what they are doing they will have full back control. If you so much as do something OTHER than defend the choke and reach back to find an eye you'll be sleeping before you ever find it. Not to mention if you're looking for my eye, I'll close my eyes and rotate my head and squeeze the choke tighter.

You clearly have no idea how difficult it would be to pop an eye within 5 seconds with a choke around your neck. You sound like a purist boxing fan who's never even had a good RNC put on him but still thinks that they can get away from any BJJ move by doing some cheap shit.

But please lets not get serious about a White Tiger thread.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #37
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

You need to make your own atmosphere if you want to apply for a strangulation

If you wear a Shoyoroll Gi you can apply to choke much quicker!

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #38
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
No its impossible to kill someone from choking them to death with strangulation. In truth nobody has even ever thought of the words to describe such a think as choking someone to death by strangulation. You wont find it in books anywhere.

I find the best way to avoid a choke hold is to allow oneself to be choked and then simply keep enduring it. One simply needs to hold their breath for a long time acting like they are being strangled to death and then they can simply be resting while their opponent is using up all of his energy.
...I hope you're joking, cuz I can't really tell.
This is right up there with the theory, that if you jump out of a plain at the very last second, you won't die.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #39
Sinew
The Assassin
ESB Addict

Location: NJ; training to be a supreme fighter, clashing bone and sinew
vCash: 1000

Quote:
James Toney never been stopped in about 80 pro boxing fights.

Steps in the octagan with Randy Couture and via traingle choke hold strangulation gets forced into submission in the 1st round.

Toney got good skills as a boxer - and he is very tough and durable.

But even Toney was forced to submit when randy clamped down on him.

How does a skilled combat fighter - avoid having a choke taking him out ?

And if that had been a street fight with no ref to step in and Randy kept the choke hold on Toney like that - would he have killed him from strangulation ?
i have always thought choking should not be allowed in the sport. the drive to win is surely cut short when you fear for your life . thats not sport.
Sinew is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #40
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
i have always thought choking should not be allowed in the sport. the drive to win is surely cut short when you fear for your life . thats not sport.
I would fear for my life far more striking with Overeem than I would rolling with Werdum.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #41
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
Thats what I thought.

It kind of cuts through all the fitness and skill and conditoning and just forces a premature end to whoever gets the other first in such a deadly grip.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #42
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thats what I thought.

It kind of cuts through all the fitness and skill and conditoning and just forces a premature end to whoever gets the other first in such a deadly grip.
There's a lot of finesse and skill involved in getting a choke on someone that's why you don't see them happen more often.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #43
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
You won't be able to grab a bollock when someone has RNC on you, if they know what they are doing they will have full back control. If you so much as do something OTHER than defend the choke and reach back to find an eye you'll be sleeping before you ever find it. Not to mention if you're looking for my eye, I'll close my eyes and rotate my head and squeeze the choke tighter.

You clearly have no idea how difficult it would be to pop an eye within 5 seconds with a choke around your neck. You sound like a purist boxing fan who's never even had a good RNC put on him but still thinks that they can get away from any BJJ move by doing some cheap shit.

But please lets not get serious about a White Tiger thread.
I've never had a good RNC put on me, I'm not ignorant to the effectiveness of grappling but like boxing it has limitations in a street fight. Like I said I wasn't discussing a fight with a skilled BJJ practioner so your point is MOOT. Saying an eye poke would beat a decent BJJ guy is like saying using a kick would beat a boxer its incredibly ignorant, not my point.

Most importantly though you're underestimating my bollock grab.
Quote:
Thats what I thought.

Don't ignore me
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #44
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Heres another question,

Lets say - you get into a fight - and this is a personal something that happened to me in my teens - I was drunk and there was a bit of trouble and I walked away from the situation but was brought down from behind and pinned down and choked out.

Now this incident - this guy had me down - but I dont think this guy was any skilled combat fighter - he just got me down.

Now - he got the better of me in this incident - before it got broken up.

But up on my feet - I done boxing trainign for years - not got any grappling skills or anyhting - but what you reckon the chances of me getting him up on my feet were ?

I always felt I had a good chance of beating him up on my feet. but he probaly felt he was superior to me because of how it went.

What I am saying is - in a fight - can a inferior combat fighter beat a superior one - just from a choke hold ?
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #45
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Stop it. Don't let the MMA forum be the site of your new obsession there are some people on here who won't be able to handle it.

Come on Enzos got a fighting coming up, focus.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum