Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #31
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562
Default Re: Mitchell hints at lack of activity as reasons for loss

I may get mauled for saying this but... i rarely think fighters enter the ring at an absolute 100%, it takes some luck to always be 100% injury free, 100% sharp and 100% focused. I think Mitchell was at about 90-95% full capacity on saturday night, to be 100% i think it would have required him to be more active and thus a little sharper. Result would have been exactly the same though, Burns' tactics were spot on and Mitchell's were off but that extra 5-10% would not have erased the glaring faults in Kevin's game.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #32
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
I may get mauled for saying this but... i rarely think fighters enter the ring at an absolute 100%, it takes some luck to always be 100% injury free, 100% sharp and 100% focused. I think Mitchell was at about 90-95% full capacity on saturday night, to be 100% i think it would have required him to be more active and thus a little sharper. Result would have been exactly the same though, Burns' tactics were spot on and Mitchell's were off but that extra 5-10% would not have erased the glaring faults in Kevin's game.

A fighter's pride pretty much makes him have to believe that at his best, he can win over all. And when he loses, he has to think about why, and the why has to give him cause to believe he wasn't at his best, because best for best, you can beat anyone, and you can't hurt that idea. It's too powerful. I was too old, I was too young, I had bronchitis, my socks hurt, I was rusty, I was too active, overworked, undertrained, a little drained, a little bloated, a little sad, a little too confident, mourning the loss of my marriage, my parent, my house, my trainer, getting used to a new trainer, getting used to a new climate, too used to my trainer, my climate, my life, too comfortable, too stressed, too many women, not enough love, too many parties, not enough company, my hands hurt, my head hurt, my toe hurt, not the real me, not at my best. Etc.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #33
Boxing for life

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes & hooper View Post
if ricky hatton fought floyd at 140 he'd have won
lmao!!!
Boxing for life is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #34
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I agree I don't think it helped, I don't believe that's the reason he lost though, Burns was just better, he made his reach advantage work, everytme Mitchell tried to get into Range he was eating leather.

Mitchell himself was left hook happy and never was in a position to land it with any authority, strange tactics overall, I thought he was going to box and pick his moments to attack, instead he tried to make it a war against a naturally stronger fighter? strange.

He'd maybe have made the final bell and been more prepared for what Burns was throwing at him. After that though, I couldn't see him beating Burns on his very best day.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum