Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Would the Macca from the Haye fight have beaten the Mormeck from the Haye fight?
Yes 1 10.00%
No 7 70.00%
Too difficult to say/ I don't know 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 AM   #1
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Would the Macca from the Haye fight have beaten the Mormeck from the Haye fight?

Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #2
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000
Default Re: Would the Macca from the Haye fight have beaten the Mormeck from the Haye fight?

Not if he goes stright back with his chin up. Any cruiser worth their salt - and Mormeck certainly is - would have a field day on that.

Perhaps the occasion got to him or Haye hit him hard enough to unsettle him but he made some basic errors.

No reason he couldnt win if he brought his best fight though.
LiamE is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
Sly
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Would the Macca from the Haye fight have beaten the Mormeck from the Haye fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamE
Not if he goes stright back with his chin up. Any cruiser worth their salt - and Mormeck certainly is - would have a field day on that.

Perhaps the occasion got to him or Haye hit him hard enough to unsettle him but he made some basic errors.

No reason he couldnt win if he brought his best fight though.
Are people forgetting that Enzo Maccarinelli does that in EVERY FIGHT? He always pulls back from punches with his chin up in the air and drops his left glove after throwing a jab. That's him. It's what he does. He didn't just start doing it during the Haye fight.

That's part of the reason Haye was so convinced Maccarinelli was getting knocked out.
Sly is online now  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 07:28 AM   #4
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Had to go for 'no' as regardless of Haye's superiority that was not a good night for Macca. He looked intimidated and stiff as a board.

I'm sure Haye's variation of punches and freightening speed had alot to do with that but I still think Macca can do much better.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly
Are people forgetting that Enzo Maccarinelli does that in EVERY FIGHT? He always pulls back from punches with his chin up in the air and drops his left glove after throwing a jab. That's him. It's what he does. He didn't just start doing it during the Haye fight.

That's part of the reason Haye was so convinced Maccarinelli was getting knocked out.
Not noticed before to be honest, but then again I havn't exactly been glued to his fights if you know what I mean. Perhaps he's just been getting away with it vs slower and/or smaller cruisers. Bad, bad habit though for a top flight boxer.
LiamE is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

I've seen Macca fight about seven times now (Hobson I & II, Dominquez, Gunn, Braithwaite, Azzaoui and now Haye) and Sly's quite right, Enzo is an upright boxer.
This was even a term I saw popping up when describing him in the media during the build-up to this fight.

The attempts from ****** & co to blame a 'uncharacteristic mistake' on Macca's part as the reason he lost seem conveniently ignorant of Enzo's form to date. It's how he fights, up to last Saturday it had served him well against his chosen opponents but against Haye it was a liability.

Last edited by Mrboogie23; 03-25-2007 at 11:03 PM.
DamonD is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum