boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 216 81.51%
No. 17 6.42%
I used to. 32 12.08%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #40696
GOW7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
Pacquiao looked good against a Younger, Prime & Undefeated Timothy Bradley with MOST Boxing websites, writers & fans have it for Pacquiao.

That's why The Ring, Boxing Scene still has Pacquiao at #1 at Welterweight.
Only to try to save a fight that isn't going to draw much. This fight only does 800K PPV buys. The official numbers wont be released like the rest. And Manny yet again is going to look like ****.
GOW7 is online now  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #40697
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 811
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao is embarrassing me to be a boxing fan. Now all the casual fans are going to see this *****ass nicca over hear suing his opponents because they hurt his feelings.

When Rachman called Lewis a ***, Lewis fought him in the lead up to the fight and knocked him out during the fight
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #40698
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

gowagaya7 is here.

the void machine ****riders are here.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #40699
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Pacquiao is embarrassing me to be a boxing fan. Now all the casual fans are going to see this *****ass nicca over hear suing his opponents because they hurt his feelings.

When Rachman called Lewis a ***, Lewis fought him in the lead up to the fight and knocked him out during the fight
so you hate a person who uses the legal remedies provided in a civilized society yet idolize a guard poking, wife beating, ex con.

i knew it. void fans are degenerates.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #40700
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:

This.

Floyd said Mosley was on steroids during 24/7. What did Mosley do? Tried to knock his head off.

Ali called Frazier all sorts of ****. Did Frazier sue?

Leonard said Hearns had to have been on steroids. Hearns agreed to stronger testing instead of suing.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #40701
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
Whoa, Most of them had it for Pacquiao.

Among the experts above, 120 scored the bout for Pacquiao, 1 scored the bout a draw, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.
Yes a huge robbery.

If you don't think Pacquiao won that fight, you don't know boxing.

Pacquiao won very comfortably too.

It is funny how some people can suggest this fight is similar to the Marquez fight.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #40702
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Really don't see the big deal, the whole episode was pointless. Floyd didn't even bother turn up to court to busy betting on football games to give a damn about pac's lawsuit.

As for the apology another pointless gesture as floyd in several interviews has already said he didn't say pac was on PEDS and that pac is a great fighter, whilst also suggesting in other interviews pac is on PEDS and is a cheat.

So no need to get excited about this gesture it's a very empty one at best.
Unfortunately a gesture like this one is never "empty" per say. Even if it was "FORCED".....the fact is the OTHER option of NOT agreeing to the settlement and disregard the "TERMS" would be far less appealing for Floyd and his clan.

So even if he didn't mean it....it really doesn't matter because he's admitting wrong to the world. After all the accusations and allegations he never backed up coming forward and "making right" in the eye of the public is really all that matters. That's not an easy thing to do and a tough pill to swallow. There are always consequences for men when making mistakes. Even if it's just by spreading a "white lie" about another man.

Live and learn.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #40703
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Not people who agree with me, but by independent boxing writers, pundits, trainers and current and ex boxers

Here is the list

Are you telling me it was not a close fight?
It was a close fight. Many bundits said Mayweather won the first fight with Castillo, but that doesn't make it true. It's better to watch the fight for yourself. I watched the Castillo fight countless times and I can't give Mayweather more than 5 rounds. Just like I can't give Pacquiao more than 5 rounds in the Marquez fight.

If you can then fair enough. I'd like to know which rounds you have him winning. But my point is, just because a pundit says something doesn't mean that they are incapable of being biased.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #40704
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Defamation of character?

Floyd broke the law.

And when you make mistakes you have to pay.

How I start spreading rumours about you, that you like touching little boys, and go round saying that I know you do, say this on national TV and get other people believing it too.

Even though I just made it up and have zero evidence, wouldn't you feel a little aggrieved?

And if it affected your income, how people viewed you, people will ask you about it and doubt you.

Would you use the law of the land to put things right?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #40705
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
This.

Floyd said Mosley was on steroids during 24/7. What did Mosley do? Tried to knock his head off.

Ali called Frazier all sorts of ****. Did Frazier sue?

Leonard said Hearns had to have been on steroids. Hearns agreed to stronger testing instead of suing.
Mosley did take steroids
Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #40706
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3032
Default Re: Why Floyd has lots of excuses against Pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8s View Post
I don't know, how long does a cut take to heal?

Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #40707
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Defamation of character?

Floyd broke the law.

And when you make mistakes you have to pay.

How I start spreading rumours about you, that you like touching little boys, and go round saying that I know you do, say this on national TV and get other people believing it too.

Even though I just made it up and have zero evidence, wouldn't you feel a little aggrieved?

And if it affected your income, how people viewed you, people will ask you about it and doubt you.

Would you use the law of the land to put things right?
well, first off pedo would be banned from esb.

but expect degenerate behaviour among void fans.

beat up a woman. applause. poke a guard in the eye. applause.

defame other people. applause.

truly, the scums of the earth.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #40708
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Mosley did take steroids
8 years prior yes, but He said Mosley "is on" steroids to fight Mayweather

Mosley had rehab'd his image, and Mosley is man enough to fight instead of sue like a girl
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #40709
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Are you really that hard headed? If you read my original post you would see I had stated that floyd had said in various interviews that pac must be taking PEDS, whilst saying in other interviews that he never said pac was on PEDS.

Hence why I am saying mayweather promotions now making that generic statement to say they never said that or believe that is just an empty gesture as it is a position that floyd himself has stated in the past, whether he believes it to be true or not.

Article dated june 2011, ESPN interview. Floyd mayweather quote.

"I've never said that Manny Pacquiao was taking steroids, I never said he was taking enhancement drugs," said Mayweather, who failed to turn up for a court-ordered deposition in Las Vegas earlier this month involving the defamation suit.

"I want to fight the best they got out there, not just him, the best they got out there," Mayweather said, "and if he's on the list as one of the best guys, then absolutely."

So what exactly is this new statement showing that floyd himself hasn't said in the past
The problem with Floyd is that he made SO MANY comments about PAC over the years and they've all been all over the place that there's so much to choose from when ****yzing what he really believes.

He's out right said PAC was on roids....but used another term "power pellets"...he's pointed towards PAC using HGH...due to the size of his head....Of course when things go hot he tried to say otherwise...that he never really said PAC was on something illegal but only a re**** couldn't read what Floyd was trying to imply.

What the statement says that was never said in public by Floyd was that he doesn't believe nor wants to imply that PAC is doping.....which contradicts his previous stance.

I give Floyd credit for coming out publically and making this statement. Being a man isn't easy and sometimes when you make mistakes the consequences can hurt ones pride and ego. We all know Floyd has an inflated one so imagine how hard it was for him to have to do this.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #40710
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy8s View Post
It was a close fight. Many bundits said Mayweather won the first fight with Castillo, but that doesn't make it true. It's better to watch the fight for yourself. I watched the Castillo fight countless times and I can't give Mayweather more than 5 rounds. Just like I can't give Pacquiao more than 5 rounds in the Marquez fight.

If you can then fair enough. I'd like to know which rounds you have him winning. But my point is, just because a pundit says something doesn't mean that they are incapable of being biased.
My point is the Marquez fight and the Bradley fight are chalk and chesse.

And for the record, I scored the fight for Marquez, 115-113, but it was a very close fight with the rounds being closely contested.

Bradley vs Pacquiao I had 118-110 Pacquiao, with Pacquiao winning a lot of the rounds comfortably, Bradley on taking 1 certain round.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum