boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Scott Harrison faces 6 years in jail!

What a scally, the most hilarious bit is 'I can't go back to jail, I have a world title fight in December'

A SPANISH brothel owner told a court yesterday how ex-boxing champ Scott Harrison punched his front tooth out in a vicious attack.

Beefy Paco Gonzalez told judges Harrison lunged at him as he tried to defend two club clients allegedly battered by the fighter and his cousins Edward and David McGill.

Seedy club boss Gonzalez told the Criminal Court in Malaga: “You don’t forget the face of someone who’s punched you in the face.”

Harrison, 35, from Cambuslang, near Glasgow, faces six years behind bars if convicted of the bust-up at the Oxigeno brothel in Alhaurin el Grande near Malaga.

It’s the first time Harrison has been in Spain since his release from jail last year for another assault on two men, including a cop.

The ex-world champ recently launched a comeback in the ring but another stretch in a Spanish prison would end his career for good. Brothel owner Gonzalez told the court how Harrison had punched his face before launching an attack on the other club clients.

The trial heard how the Scots trio lay in wait outside and assaulted the pair with their fists, feet, bottles and stones.

Gonzalez told the court: “It looked as if they were enjoying themselves as they kicked and punched their victims. I thought they were going to kill one of them.

“Seeing him here in front of me, I’m 100 per cent sure the man who assaulted me was Scott Harrison.”

Mr Gonzalez told the court he was left horrified by the brutal assault by the three cousins.

He claimed: “I’ve worked in the club scene for more than 30 years.

“I’ve seen many fights but never anything like what happened that night, with the level of complicity between those three attackers.”

Pointing Harrison out with his finger as he stood at the witness box, he added: “This man hit me and punched my tooth out.”

Club owner Gonzalez admitted under cross-examination from Harrison’s lawyer Damian Canovas he had identified Edward McGill in his police statement as the man who had punched him.

But he said: “I might have got the names muddled up and looking at passport pictures is not the same as seeing someone close up in the flesh.”

Prosecutors want Harrison jailed for two years each for the three assaults he’s being tried on.

He was arrested along with cousins Edward and David McGill in May 2007 after a bust-up at the brothel.

Harrison, who won his second comeback fight on Saturday in Glasgow after seven years out of the ring, faced trial alone after cops failed to find his cousins. He arrived 15 minutes late with fiancée Stacey Gardner, 29, and son Jack, four — his first trip to Spain since he ended a 30-month jail term in September last year for a 2005 assault near Malaga.

Alleged victim Salvador Jimenez, a 39-year-old construction worker, was off work for 77 days with injuries to his knees, wrist and elbow.

He told the court one of Harrison’s cousins hit his head with an ashtray in an unprovoked attack before the Scots attacked him and pal Rafael Sainz.

He claimed: “The owner asked them to leave. I wanted to call police and an ambulance but when I left the club with Rafael they were waiting outside the front door.

“They punched and kicked us and attacked the owner when he intervened.”

solarpix

Asked by lead judge Julian Cruz if Harrison had been among those who attacked him, he replied: “Yes, with several kicks and punches. They also threw bottles and stones although I didn’t see if the defendant was one of them.”

The third alleged victim Mr Sainz committed suicide in 2009.

His statement was read out to the court along with the police statement of a waitress who couldn’t be traced for the trial.

An unnamed cop witness said: “When I got the call to attend I was warned to be careful because the control room thought one of those involved was a boxer called Scott Harrison.

“He was known to us because he’d assaulted a colleague two years earlier. The Spaniards were the only ones who showed signs of having been attacked.

“The defendant was still in the grounds when we arrived but he wasn’t aggressive.”

Giving evidence in his own defence, Harrison, dressed in a sharp grey suit, defiantly told the court he was INNOCENT.

He insisted: “I didn’t see anything happen inside the club, I didn’t hit any of the three Spanish men and I wasn’t kicked out.

“All I tried to do was escape when people I’ve never met before started throwing bottles at us for reasons I didn’t know.

“I suffered an injury to my nose and one of my cousins a broken arm.”

Harrison’s defence lawyer called for his client’s acquittal in his closing speech.

He said: “The truth is not being told in this case.”

Three judges who heard the case are expected to return their verdict in around a month and Harrison has been allowed to return to Scotland.

The boxer gave a waiting photographer the thumbs-up as he jumped in a taxi with his family to head to Malaga Airport.

He said: “A lot of lies have been told here today. I’m confident I’ll be acquitted. I can’t go back to prison. I’ve got a world title fight in December.”

His lawyer added: “We’ll appeal if there’s a guilty verdict.”
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
billy boy balbo

vCash: 75
Default Re: Scott Harrison faces 6 years in jail!

bull****
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

This is totally unfair on Scott!

They told him it was a Spanish Prizefighter...
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The brothel owner naming his cousin from photos in the station but then changing his mind when he found out who Harrison is seems a bit fishy
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

There's no smoke without fire, the truth is somewhere in between.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

It's odd that he didn't face trial for this whilst he was banged up.

Six years for chinning a trio of gringos is ridiculous, even taking into account his violent past.... assuming he's guilty too.

For me there's sufficient doubt, considering the alleged victim identified someone else as the attacker.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

He'll get off the charge after the bloke identified someone else first time around
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
The brothel owner naming his cousin from photos in the station but then changing his mind when he found out who Harrison is seems a bit fishy
When iit comes to alcoholic Glaswegian thugs, they all look the same. Especially considering they were cousins.

In all fairness it does sound a bit fishy, although I doubt if Scotty's had absolutely nothing to do with whatever went on.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

If Scotty says hes innocent? Hes innocent.

Whats the world coming to when scotty and his family cant even enjoy some quality time in a brothel to let off some steam without bottles being thrown at them?

Spanish thugs
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

article sponsored by Morrisons.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
If Scotty says hes innocent? Hes innocent.

Whats the world coming to when scotty and his family cant even enjoy some quality time in a brothel to let off some steam without bottles being thrown at them?

Spanish thugs
This is how Dunky sees the world

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Decy is online now  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #12
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

Too confusing of a story, it's probably down the middle both are exaggerating what happened and it wasn't as bad as the victims are claiming, but he may get away without charges due to the errors and confusion of the brother owner
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Highly unlikely he'd get six years for that. Harrison needs to be careful as do all boxers as if anything kicks off it's pretty easy to blame the boxer. Unless of course you are Audley Harrison. Then you can likely go on some type of wrecking spree without hurting a fly.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
Paup snith
P4P most avoided champ
ESB Jr Member

The fact the man was anywhere near a brothel after all the bother he has had should tell you everything you need to know. I've no sympathy.
Paup snith is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bot View Post
Scum like Harrison have no place in professional boxing
mishima is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum