Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #76
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Ward's win over Dawson better then any in Floyd's career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebox View Post
Mayweathers win over Marquez was better than Wards over Dawson and that is saying something.
That was a good win, but again JMM was never a real threat to Floyd stylistically. They're both counter punchers.. Thing is, Floyd had every Athletic advantage. I think most analysts felt Chad Dawson was a genuine threat to Ward.
jso416 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #77
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso416 View Post
That was a good win, but again JMM was never a real threat to Floyd stylistically. They're both counter punchers.. Thing is, Floyd had every Athletic advantage. I think most analysts felt Chad Dawson was a genuine threat to Ward.
Ward was a 4-1 favorite for a reason
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #78
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This interview was after Ward already destroyed Chad so it holds no credibility.. Fighters and trainers always make excuses after a loss. Personally I gained much respect for Chad cause thus far he's said all the right things. Bottom line is Ward would have beaten Chad that night even if it was at 175.
Has there ever been a trainer that said his fighter was drained prior to the fight? Even DLH was supposed to be in great shape for Pac

How about Miranda's trainer, don't believe him?
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #79
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Most analysts had Ward winning. Ward was a 3-1 favorite for a reason, he became a 4-1 favorite probably because Vegas heard of Dawson's bad training camp.

Why did most analysts believe Ward was going to win? It was simple, no one was impressed by Chad's performance against Hopkins. Chad was getting frustrated, he was head-hunting, he couldn't land that much against BHop. The main reason why Chad barley won against Hopkins is because his team had the wrong gameplan. Scully will never admit it, but Scully made Dawson a worser boxer, which is expected from an inexperienced trainer at the world class level.

Scully turned Dawson into a head-hunter, he made Dawson fight flat-footed which allowed Hopkins to easily time him and clinch. Had Chad stayed lighter on his feet he could've stepped back and landed on Hopkins when he charges. He also showed numerous bad habits such as ducking-down bending from the waist. He was almost knocked down twice against Hopkins for doing that. The punch that knocked down Chad against Ward in the 3rd round was a left hook, and it connected when Chad was ducking-down/bending from the waist.

That wouldn't have never happened under Steward, because Emanuel would make Dawson fight tall, and he would have corrected most of Chad's mistakes.

Ward simply studied that fight against Hopkins, and exposed all of Dawson's flaws.

Last edited by Ripple633; 09-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #80
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd went up in weight and dominated the larger, non weight drained man(Cotto) who was at his natural or most comfortable weight.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #81
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
Has there ever been a trainer that said his fighter was drained prior to the fight? Even DLH was supposed to be in great shape for Pac

How about Miranda's trainer, don't believe him?
I believe Miranda landed a good shot that stunned dawson and possibly knocked him down, but I think KO was stretching it. And we don't know excactly what they were working on in that sparring session.. You can't take sparring too seriously. I'm sure Corrales, Castillio and De La Hoya had couple of bad sparring sessions before the Floyd fight as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripple633 View Post
Most analysts had Ward winning. Ward was a 3-1 favorite for a reason, he became a 4-1 favorite probably because Vegas heard of Dawson's bad training camp.

Why did most analysts believe Ward was going to win? It was simple, no one was impressed by Chad's performance against Hopkins. Chad was getting frustrated, he was head-hunting, he couldn't land that much against BHop. The main reason why Cjad barley won against Hopkins is because his team had the wrong gameplan. Scully will never admit it, but Scully made Dawson a worser boxer, which is expected from an inexperienced trainer at the world class level.

Scully turned Dawson into a head-hunter, he made Dawson fight flat-footed which allowed Hopkins to easily time him and clinch. Had Chad stayed lighter on his feet he could've stepped back and landed on Hopkins when he charges. He also showed numerous bad habits such as ducking-down bending from the waist. He was almost knocked down twice against Hopkins for doing that. The punch that knocked down Chad against Ward in the 3rd round was a left hook, and it connected when Chad was ducking-down/bending from the waist.

That wouldn't have happened under Steward, because Emanuel would make Dawson fight tall, and he would have corrected most of Chad's mistakes.

Ward simply studied that fight against Hopkins, and exposed all of Dawson's flaws.
You make some very good points.. I agree with you that Chad have fought tall and behind a jab. I agree he would have looked better with Steward in his corner. Still think he would have lost though.

I think the betting odds were a testament to how good Andre is as opposed to how bad Chad looked against Bernard. NOBODY looks good against Bernard. And I agree with you that BHop set the blueprint for Ward, but bottom line is Ward still had to go out and execute so IMO he deserves way more credit then some of you seem to be giving him. Beating a World class fighter like Dawson is not as easy as Ward made it look even if it was at 168.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #82
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
Floyd went up in weight and dominated the larger, non weight drained man(Cotto) who was at his natural or most comfortable weight.
"Dominated "??? ...

Oooook.. You must have seen a different fight then I did.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #83
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
This interview was after Ward already destroyed Chad so it holds no credibility.. Fighters and trainers always make excuses after a loss. Personally I gained much respect for Chad cause thus far he's said all the right things. Bottom line is Ward would have beaten Chad that night even if it was at 175.
no, it's your OPINION that ward would of beat dawson at 175. the fact is, he didn't. end of story.

why can't you get that through your thick skull?

ward may or may not of beat him at the lightheavy limit, but one thing's for sure... it wouldn't have gone down the way it did.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #84
The Mangler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Hell no.

May beatin Chico, Castillo in the rematch, and an old Hernandez are all better than beatin Dawson.

I give Ward props for Dawson, not hearin that drained shit, even tho SMW ain't do Chad any favors. I just don't think all that highly of Chad. He's ok, but not as good as some ppl make him out to be.
The Mangler is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #85
maradona

been a member for about 5 yrs not posted much but honestly there is some amount of shit ****ing threads getting posted lately!
maradona is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #86
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
flomos = when winning by 2-3 rd is dominating.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
timeout is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum