Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #46
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Scott Harrison faces 6 years in jail!

While I wouldn't say that I would place my faith in a Spanish brothel owner who has something to gain, I also don't trust Scott Harrison further than I could throw him (which wouldn't be very far, even though he's fairly small). He clearly attracts trouble, and in my experience people who are attract trouble are more often than not partly responsible for said troubles.

As boxing fans we sometimes have this strange condition where we will overlook social, mental, and moral limitations of our favourite boxers...there has to be a line somewhere, I'm not quite sure if a scrap outside a brothel is near that line, but the fact that one of the victims has committed suicide makes me feel a little uneasy about those particular events.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #47
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMattMatt View Post
While I wouldn't say that I would place my faith in a Spanish brothel owner who has something to gain, I also don't trust Scott Harrison further than I could throw him (which wouldn't be very far, even though he's fairly small). He clearly attracts trouble, and in my experience people who are attract trouble are more often than not partly responsible for said troubles.

As boxing fans we sometimes have this strange condition where we will overlook social, mental, and moral limitations of our favourite boxers...there has to be a line somewhere, I'm not quite sure if a scrap outside a brothel is near that line, but the fact that one of the victims has committed suicide makes me feel a little uneasy about those particular events.

Excellently put.
Barry Hughes for one,put a right few quid into Scott and didn't get an iota of gratitude for his efforts.
I was briefly in Barlinnie at the same time as him,and whilst we never crossed paths as we were in different halls with different visit times,I heard he was as quiet as a mouse at first,then when he started training with a few guys who were fairly capable,he developed that snarl of his again.
Not saying there's anything wrong with that,but Paul Weir conducted himself superbly under similar conditions,and turned the other cheek many times despite people trying to make life hard for him.Then when he was left with no option,he offered a guy a straightener in front of the whole exercise yard,and the offending party(predictably for me) absolutely shat himself.
There's something about Scott,and probably always will be.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #48
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Scott harrison has what you call 'wee man syndrome' in english 'small man syndrome'. He walks about growling at everyone and puffing his chest out, bringing trouble on himself, he is a cunt, end off, and boxing would be a hellofva better place without him, good riddance to him
widdy is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #49
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sugar_Man View Post
when we have a list of fighters.. some who have been inducted in the HOF that are guilty of far darker things than what scott has done.
Spill the beans
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #50
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Harrison is a thug and a bully. I have no time for him and I hope his comeback fails before he ever makes decent money. His future is blatantly obvious and he deserves it to be as dark and miserable as it will be.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #51
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Horrible Human Being.

Good fighter.

But will not be missed.
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #52
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post
Spill the beans
Tyson? obvious example. Id say raping a young girl is worse than beating up a few punters a t a brothel or whatever!
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #53
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

the people in here defending him make me sick. ''I don't care what he does outside the ring, it's what he does inside'' and all that, what a load of ****ing shite!! I feel that way about amir khan as all he does is come across as a dumb ass and say dumb things. Guys like harrison has the opportunities that many in boxing dream of, yet he insists on beating women, beating men and stealing from ****ing tescos!! And all the daft pricks saying ''it's not like he killed anyone''.. The guy is a pro boxer and has done people a lot of damage, it takes one punch to kill someone, I personally couldn't give a **** if he dropped dead tomorrow, the world doesn't need scum like him.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #54
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

Harrison vs Rakim Oaks in a final elim for HMP title
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #55
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

****in hell lads, calm down!!! People going bonkers here, wishing Scotty dead and stuff This is OLD news, when scotty was going mental. However, the man has did his time, hes calming down, trying to make another go of a stalled career.

I smell hypocrisy if the truth be told, what recent events straight off the top of my head? What about Haye & chisora? Did people want to see either of them dead after Haye smacked woman beater Chisora in the head with a bottle, ensuing a bloody riot! Chisora threatens to shoot Haye, Haye gloats about how the minute he landed the bottle on Deboys face he was clean out for a few seconds while Haye was enjoying throwing elbows onto a KO'd chisora before lamping people with a tripod? Shocking behaviour for boxers, dont you agree?

Nah, Haye was a 'G' & a hero to his adoring fanboys on here, a fight was made & both guys made a fortune for their actions. but when we hear Scotty was 'allegedly' in a brawl its much wailing and gnashing of teeth, posters recoiling in horror and fainting in shock, shouts of 'Scotty deserves death' "ban this evil monster" "Scott Harrison ate my hamster" & other outlandish nonsense.

Chisora slapping Vitali unprovoked at a weight in?

Ricky Hatton snorting class A drugs LIVE on camera while hes banging some lassie behind his adoring wifes back, dont hear anyone saying Ricky shouldnt be allowed back in a ring after being caught snorting cocaine!

Tyson Fury being thrown out of a boxing arena for tearing his shirt off & trying to fight a shocked Chisora,

Tony Bellew having to be forcibly held back from assaulting Nathan Cleverly,

David Price being asked to leave an all you can eat chinese buffet cos has an appetite as big as his size

All shameful incidents in their own right, but I dont hear anyone wanting these guys dead because of it!

Scotty is trying to sort his life out, & its shameful the witch hunt that is going on here from the selective memory brigade over old news which he hasnt even been found guilty of!

Shame on the haters for taking it way too far with scotty as usual. wishing a boxer dead

Just when I thought I had seen it all on here
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #56
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

I'm all for giving people a second chance but the cunt doesn't learn, he was caught stealing within two weeks of his release.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #57
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Why on earth have the spanish waited till now to bring him to trial, he was locked up for years in Spain and could have been tried then rather than releasing him and then bringing him back for another trial and possible jail sentence. Its seems like someone over there is out to get him probably because he assulted a policeman.
I thinks its a bit overtop people wishing death on the man , yes he acted like a thug and an idiot but its not like he's Ian Huntly for goodness sake.
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #58
billy boy balbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Excellently put.
Barry Hughes for one,put a right few quid into Scott and didn't get an iota of gratitude for his efforts.
I was briefly in Barlinnie at the same time as him,and whilst we never crossed paths as we were in different halls with different visit times,I heard he was as quiet as a mouse at first,then when he started training with a few guys who were fairly capable,he developed that snarl of his again.
Not saying there's anything wrong with that,but Paul Weir conducted himself superbly under similar conditions,and turned the other cheek many times despite people trying to make life hard for him.Then when he was left with no option,he offered a guy a straightener in front of the whole exercise yard,and the offending party(predictably for me) absolutely shat himself.
There's something about Scott,and probably always will be.
Barry Hughes was the only pro boxer i knew who had a bodyguard in the gym who carried a pistol under his coat and a shotgun is the boot of his car
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #59
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
****in hell lads, calm down!!! People going bonkers here, wishing Scotty dead and stuff This is OLD news, when scotty was going mental. However, the man has did his time, hes calming down, trying to make another go of a stalled career.

I smell hypocrisy if the truth be told, what recent events straight off the top of my head? What about Haye & chisora? Did people want to see either of them dead after Haye smacked woman beater Chisora in the head with a bottle, ensuing a bloody riot! Chisora threatens to shoot Haye, Haye gloats about how the minute he landed the bottle on Deboys face he was clean out for a few seconds while Haye was enjoying throwing elbows onto a KO'd chisora before lamping people with a tripod? Shocking behaviour for boxers, dont you agree?

Nah, Haye was a 'G' & a hero to his adoring fanboys on here, a fight was made & both guys made a fortune for their actions. but when we hear Scotty was 'allegedly' in a brawl its much wailing and gnashing of teeth, posters recoiling in horror and fainting in shock, shouts of 'Scotty deserves death' "ban this evil monster" "Scott Harrison ate my hamster" & other outlandish nonsense.

Chisora slapping Vitali unprovoked at a weight in?

Ricky Hatton snorting class A drugs LIVE on camera while hes banging some lassie behind his adoring wifes back, dont hear anyone saying Ricky shouldnt be allowed back in a ring after being caught snorting cocaine!

Tyson Fury being thrown out of a boxing arena for tearing his shirt off & trying to fight a shocked Chisora,

Tony Bellew having to be forcibly held back from assaulting Nathan Cleverly,

David Price being asked to leave an all you can eat chinese buffet cos has an appetite as big as his size

All shameful incidents in their own right, but I dont hear anyone wanting these guys dead because of it!

Scotty is trying to sort his life out, & its shameful the witch hunt that is going on here from the selective memory brigade over old news which he hasnt even been found guilty of!

Shame on the haters for taking it way too far with scotty as usual. wishing a boxer dead

Just when I thought I had seen it all on here
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #60
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Hes just another alcoholic with issues that they are unable to deal with.

Alcohol makes you do silly things, therefore a alcoholic does silly things a lot more than a normal person.

This happens everywhere in life, its only highlighted more often with Scott Harrison because hes an ex world champion.

Wishing Scott Harrison would die is just silly, if your brother was a alocohic would you want him to die ? .... obviously not.
Llanlad is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum