boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 216 81.51%
No. 17 6.42%
I used to. 32 12.08%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #41476
casian72
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
It's not about USADA, VADA, the NFL or the NBA testing protocol.....it's about the entire situation that makes up negotiations. It's a "back and forth" or compromise where BOTH sides have to be willing to "give and take" if they are serious about solidifying a deal.

Had Floyd said he wanted the NFL....I'm sure Bob would have shot back and asked for the NBA or even USADA to oversee the testing Floyd wanted. In negotiations between two juggernauts it's a "Power struggle" and eventually in a successful negotiation both sides should come out feeling as though they are satisfied with the final contract.

The problem with these negotiations is Floyd didn't want to compromise....or when he would compromise he'd add in other stipulations or excuses that caused more ripples in the process that ultimately stalled the fight indefinitely.
you do understand the art of negotiations right? Cuz your stating that only Floyd change the conditions.

During these years of negotiating both men have fought and their leverage has fluctuated. when Manny decided to walk away from the first negotiations he essentially forfeited the conditions of those negotiations. Floyd then dominates Mosley and states publicly that the 14 day cutoff is no longer on the table. He took advantage of the leverage the Mosley win gave him in the negotiations.

But then team Pac comes back to the table and demands the conditions from the previous negotiations when they had refused them originally. The didnt want to admit they had lost negotiating ground so Arum goes on a smear campaign and puts up that silly clock as a smoke screen.

This is not to say that Floyd is not just as guilty cuz he is. But the true villian and impediment to this fight coming to fruition is and has always been Arum. His greed knows no bounds. and unless he controlled both fighters he was not gonna put up his cash cow in such a risky fight. cuz if pac lost arum would be without his steady stream of mega cash.

Its really sad because most fans dont realize that by them continuing to buy the ****py PPVs being put on by both fighters they were contributing to the fight not getting made? Both men still made a **** load of money in much less risky fights and they still have the fans hooked cuz if they decide to finally make the fight next year, i will still buy it. SMFH.
casian72 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #41477
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1517
Default Re: How long will Floyd take to get 15 pound of muscle back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
*****s think it's a legit excuse.
get a lifeeee
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #41478
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

laughing at the *****s here.

you **** sucking bunch of idiots.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #41479
casian72
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: How long will Floyd take to get 15 pound of muscle back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnyc View Post
I'm not ***** and if they ever fight I'll be rooting for manny .
you have to be careful with these Pacturds cuz you as a boxing fan stated your opinion that Floyd would beat Manny. In their eyes that makes you a *****. Even though as you stated you would be rooting for Manny. Their nuthuggery of Pac knows no bounds. I am not a fan of Manny but I watch his fights cuz i love boxing. I even rooted for him in the Margo fight cuz I wanted that ****en plaster wearing cheater to get the **** beat out of him. So for that lonely fight i was cheering Manny on. cuz as each round went on the beating was vicious. But the LMW belt being up for grabs was pathetic. I was embarrassed for boxing when they anounced him as an eight division champ.
casian72 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #41480
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by casian72 View Post
you do understand the art of negotiations right? Cuz your stating that only Floyd change the conditions.

During these years of negotiating both men have fought and their leverage has fluctuated. when Manny decided to walk away from the first negotiations he essentially forfeited the conditions of those negotiations. Floyd then dominates Mosley and states publicly that the 14 day cutoff is no longer on the table. He took advantage of the leverage the Mosley win gave him in the negotiations.

But then team Pac comes back to the table and demands the conditions from the previous negotiations when they had refused them originally. The didnt want to admit they had lost negotiating ground so Arum goes on a smear campaign and puts up that silly clock as a smoke screen.

This is not to say that Floyd is not just as guilty cuz he is. But the true villian and impediment to this fight coming to fruition is and has always been Arum. His greed knows no bounds. and unless he controlled both fighters he was not gonna put up his cash cow in such a risky fight. cuz if pac lost arum would be without his steady stream of mega cash.

Its really sad because most fans dont realize that by them continuing to buy the ****py PPVs being put on by both fighters they were contributing to the fight not getting made? Both men still made a **** load of money in much less risky fights and they still have the fans hooked cuz if they decide to finally make the fight next year, i will still buy it. SMFH.
I understand negotiations homie....I've been in MANY negotiations in my profession. Which is why I NEVER bought that Floyd really wanted this fight. Why? Simple....

Floyd didn't act in the normal fashion he had always exhibited before when negotiating previous fights.

Floyd never came out blasting opponents with accusations that could harm or destroy a career...Floyd never needed special tests for any of his other opponents before PAC was on the radar.

Think of it this way.....Making a fight isn't that much different than any business negotiations.

Let me paint you a picture....Let's say Floyd represents "Apple inc" and PAC represents "GOOGLE". Let's say Apple and GOOGLE were in negotiations to make some MASSIVE deal that would generate HUGE profits.

Let's take the negotiations model that Floyd took when "negotiating" the fight with PAC.

Apple does a press release insulting GOOGLE....accusing GOOGLE of unethical business practices and then DEMANDS GOOGLE to subject themselves to an internal audit by a company that Apple hired.

We all know that if Apple went that route, it means Apple NEVER really wanted to make a deal with GOOGLE in the first place....

GOOGLE wouldn't have even thought of using PAC's negotiation model after that ****....GOOGLE would have killed any thought of any further negotiations with Apple and the proposed business partnership would have been dead in the water.

Floyd's actions speak louder than anything his mouth could produce. His actions prove he doesn't want to fight PAC....no matter what his mouth says......his actions contradict anything he says when it comes to fighting Manny.

If Floyd wanted to fight PAC he would have shown the actions of a man who was looking to "CLOSE" the deal...not "SABOTAGE" it.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #41481
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
I understand negotiations homie....I've been in MANY negotiations in my profession. Which is why I NEVER bought that Floyd really wanted this fight. Why? Simple....

Floyd didn't act in the normal fashion he had always exhibited before when negotiating previous fights.

Floyd never came out blasting opponents with accusations that could harm or destroy a career...Floyd never needed special tests for any of his other opponents before PAC was on the radar.

Think of it this way.....Making a fight isn't that much different than any business negotiations.

Let me paint you a picture....Let's say Floyd represents "Apple inc" and PAC represents "GOOGLE". Let's say Apple and GOOGLE were in negotiations to make some MASSIVE deal that would generate HUGE profits.

Let's take the negotiations model that Floyd took when "negotiating" the fight with PAC.

Apple does a press release insulting GOOGLE....accusing GOOGLE of unethical business practices and then DEMANDS GOOGLE to subject themselves to an internal audit by a company that Apple hired.

We all know that if Apple went that route, it means Apple NEVER really wanted to make a deal with GOOGLE in the first place....

GOOGLE wouldn't have even thought of using PAC's negotiation model after that ****....GOOGLE would have killed any thought of any further negotiations with Apple and the proposed business partnership would have been dead in the water.

Floyd's actions speak louder than anything his mouth could produce. His actions prove he doesn't want to fight PAC....no matter what his mouth says......his actions contradict anything he says when it comes to fighting Manny.

If Floyd wanted to fight PAC he would have shown the actions of a man who was looking to "CLOSE" the deal...not "SABOTAGE" it.
bang on! the PEDs accusation while negotiating gives away the fact that floyd is not negotiating for the fight in good faith.he wants to defeat pac, in the press and not in the ring. if floyd has no problem with fighting pac, he could have fought him instantly like jmm or ortiz.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #41482
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
bang on! the PEDs accusation while negotiating gives away the fact that floyd is not negotiating for the fight in good faith.he wants to defeat pac, in the press and not in the ring. if floyd has no problem with fighting pac, he could have fought him instantly like jmm or ortiz.

The funny thing is I think Floyd would and should be the favorite over PAC. I think most feel the same way......the problem is FLOYD isn't as confident as all his die hard fans who view this situations through "rose colored" lenses.

Floyd could have easily negotiated this fight with PAC and successfully got a career high payday and potentially the most important "W" of his career.

Anyone who believes Floyd's actions pointing to someone who "REALLY WANTED TO MAKE THIS FIGHT" are straight up knuckle heads.

If the roles were reversed and PAC did and said all the things Floyd has in this process I'd be saying all this **** about Manny not really wanting to make the fight with Floyd. I'm just calling like I see it.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #41483
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 53850
Default Re: The "Whine About Mayweather" Express!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakelamotta View Post
Didn't read any of it but the title. Mayweather is a ***.
Welcome. Make yourself at home.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #41484
leone25
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Why it took 40 fights for Floyd

To clean up the Sport?
leone25 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #41485
leone25
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Why it took 40 fights for Floyd

Why it took him so long, he shoul've done that earlier when Roy Jones, Toney tested possitive
leone25 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #41486
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1517

reported
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #41487
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Because he had suspicions that Pac was juicing when he went up in weight,and even thought more when he refused to take drug test till last year or so..
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #41488
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

cause he matured?
raichu is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #41489
hofbrau
Contender
ESB Senior Member

to be a role model
hofbrau is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #41490
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

he needs a new ducking tactic aside from going on vacations.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum