Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Does Amir Khan's arrogance and personality have a lot to do with your dislike
Yes. His personality have a lot to do with me disliking him. 60 69.77%
No. I just don't like his fighting style 3 3.49%
I neither like or dislike him. I am indifferent 17 19.77%
I love Amir Khan 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
Skittlez
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Does Amir Khan's personality and arrogance have a lot to do with you disliking him?

Does it?

I read a lot of posters bashing Khan on various sites because here is a young fighter who was knocked out twice, and only complain instead of attempting to fix his mistakes. He acts arrogant and talks like he is a super star.

Now say he was humble and quiet nature. Will there be a lot less back lash and negativity? I mean he does have talent and is willing to slug it out with anyone.
Got lots of heart, just a bad chin and low ring IQ.
Skittlez is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Does Amir Khan's personality and arrogance have a lot to do with you disliking hi

When I used to dislike him, yes, his personality was partially the reason. Most of the others who currently dislike him, will dislike him for the same reason.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2775
Default Re: Does Amir Khan's personality and arrogance have a lot to do with you disliking hi

its the shit he says with his huge ego, yes his personality is dog shit but he aint no different from wicky fatton in that regaurd
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
seansanashee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He is a ****y twat. I love his latest line after announcing his next fight: "Any undefeated fighter is a good fighter. I could have taken easy routes from my last fight but I want to step in with the big boys. It will be a tough test."

Big boys/ tough test= A rather unproven (at world level) light weight.
seansanashee is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
trakam
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansanashee View Post
He is a ****y twat. I love his latest line after announcing his next fight: "Any undefeated fighter is a good fighter. I could have taken easy routes from my last fight but I want to step in with the big boys. It will be a tough test."

Big boys/ tough test= A rather unproven (at world level) light weight.
Considering he was sitting pretty atop of the 140 division with every ****er calling him out just one year ago i think its quite a humble statement
trakam is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Does it?

I read a lot of posters bashing Khan on various sites because here is a young fighter who was knocked out twice, and only complain instead of attempting to fix his mistakes. He acts arrogant and talks like he is a super star.

Now say he was humble and quiet nature. Will there be a lot less back lash and negativity? I mean he does have talent and is willing to slug it out with anyone.
Got lots of heart, just a bad chin and low ring IQ.
This is why. Amir is probably the fastest fighter around his weight class. Of course Floyd's speed went to a new level against Cotto, despite getting touched up, and being sloppy defensively. But take him out of the equation. Khan is the fastest. Because he is so fast, he thinks it equates to skills, then ultimatly overrates himself. He always talks about how he can beat Floyd. I believe his style would cause Floyd problems, but the concept of Khan saying his style would cause Floyd problems, bothers me. Its like dude, your not as good as you think. So you always hope for a guy to come and prove to him that he's not that great. The Peterson fight had me shouting like a school girl. But the garcia fight. Man NO one saw that KO Coming. I went ballistic and started breaking things out of excitement. I busted my tail lights and didnt mind having to pay to get them fixed, and walking to work.
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #7
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakam View Post
Considering he was sitting pretty atop of the 140 division with every ****er calling him out just one year ago i think its quite a humble statement
Man I have a feeling he will lose again, wouldnt that be something special. I mean he just got KO'd, I dont want to be greedy and wish he loses again, but if it happens, I will feel spoiled.
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

its the I win and we lose bullshit,

We didnt work on our defence , although my offense is world class blah blah blah

Also the bullshit about having zero percentage body fat still makes me laugh.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

He's a stupid arrogant idiot who happens to have a shitty ass fighting style.

All he has is speed, other than that he aint shit. Sure he has alot of heart and all that, but with that glass jaw, and pathetically shit defense, thats just another liability.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I dislike his amateur point fighting style and his unmitigated arrogance. You can be as arrogant as you want if your not getting KTFO. You would suspect a person with common sense to be humbled by such a humiliating KO for the second time in his career. Instead, Khan just talks even more shit. Khan is like a little brother or cousin who you beat down all the time, but yet he won't stop running his mouth about how great he is.
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #11
the commentator
Contender
ESB Senior Member

actually the reason is his china chin more than anything else.....
the commentator is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Big N Bad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

he's fake. full stop.

he'll say stuff like 'this fight is for the fans' then goes on to put his fight on ppv on a lesser known channel rather than fight on free sky tv an option which was on the table.

and most recently, saying he doesnt want to fight guzman cos joan isnt on his level as he's been fighting at world title level....what?! is he saying carlos molina is better than guzman?

you have to be stupid to keep hearing his crap and still like him
Big N Bad is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hard to see Khan coming back from here, his chin will be targeted more than ever.

Khan is a narcissistic flog aswell, he makes it hard to like him.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
jordan1
Juan Lopez #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

They will be cherry picking his fights and they will have to.
jordan1 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
yingyang
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Amir as a person = He's a piece of shit.

Amir as a fighter = He's a EuroBum, Fraud and a Wannabe.
yingyang is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum