Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #10276
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Well boss, i'll just have to pretend i believe you know what your talking about.
Give it another 20 years and your great grand children will be barracking for the GWS because they pay their players twice as much as those NRL and actually play out the whole game without biting ears and fingering opponents dots.
Not like in an NRL GRAND FINAL when in the cut and thrust action of the first half, the commentators told us how much juice was left in the blackhawk at least twice (6 minutes!!!!!!!!),then every Immortals name and or his wife, kids, parents if they happened to be brown bread, then it was whats on channel 9 for the next 6 nights.
Meat heads selling a shit show for meat heads only.
And don't get me started on them fat little midgits Good Charlotte.
Other than that it's a hardcore sport that i truelly respect and pretend is shit compared to AFL.
No big deal.
No aggro.



You've pretty much just proceeded to tell me all & sunder except the actual game you idiot


Wouldnt have a clue what players earn & lets face it, unless you're the accountant or club official or know the player,. either do you, because lets face it, whenever a news service reports how much a contract is worth, they're just guessing like everyone else

The immortals & blackhawk were half time & some wanky yank band were before the game, i'm not concerned, i was too interested in the game

We dont really want to go into all the numerous misdemenours from your AFL lot do you??? i dare say the aerial ping pong has a worse rep for dickheads than even Rugby League
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #10277
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
MCG 99,653 Hawthorn vs Sydney less than 1km from the CBD Saturday arvo.
ANZ stadium Dogs(can't recall suburb's name like most Australian sports fans) vs Melbourne 80,000 ish bum**** knowhere from the CBD Sunday twilight
What's this post about ???

teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #10278
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
i dare say the aerial ping pong has a worse rep for dickheads than even Rugby League
Local radio station ran a comp all year rating the various scandals between the 2 codes and AFL won the Joel Monaghan award easy.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #10279
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 226
vCash: 86
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
You've pretty much just proceeded to tell me all & sunder except the actual game you idiot


Wouldnt have a clue what players earn & lets face it, unless you're the accountant or club official or know the player,. either do you, because lets face it, whenever a news service reports how much a contract is worth, they're just guessing like everyone else

The immortals & blackhawk were half time & some wanky yank band were before the game, i'm not concerned, i was too interested in the game

We dont really want to go into all the numerous misdemenours from your AFL lot do you??? i dare say the aerial ping pong has a worse rep for dickheads than even Rugby League
1 or 2 maybe were dickheads but **** they would have been champions at league but still dickheads anyways, it's a big country and you can't help where you were born (Australia thank **** for my good self) and you play the local game, whatever that may be.
I've got a son who turns 7 tomorrow if i lived in Sydney and he was growing up there he'd be more than likely playing League.
We don't and he plays the same game his dad,uncles, 1 granddad and 2 great grandfathers played.(bit of kiwi in him not much help there)
anyway buddy how many games did you go to this season and was there a big crowd?
The Jackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #10280
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 226
vCash: 86
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Local radio station ran a comp all year rating the various scandals between the 2 codes and AFL won the Joel Monaghan award easy.
Brent Pull Your Head In Mate.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #10281
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
MCG 99,653 Hawthorn vs Sydney less than 1km from the CBD Saturday arvo.
ANZ stadium Dogs(can't recall suburb's name like most Australian sports fans) vs Melbourne 80,000 ish bum**** knowhere from the CBD Sunday twilight





I'll give you a hint knackers, both were pretty much sold out, the olympic stadium no longer holds the same capacity that it did during the olympics

And what suburb is the MCG in cause i wouldnt have a ****ing clue??

You should know the suburb that the Olympic stadium is in, it was the centre of the greatest olympics ever...."SYDNEY"

So the Olympic stadium capacity is apparently 83500, which strangely was less than what the official crowd was, it was stated that it was 84000 plus
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #10282
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 226
vCash: 86
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I'll give you a hint knackers, both were pretty much sold out, the olympic stadium no longer holds the same capacity that it did during the olympics

And what suburb is the MCG in cause i wouldnt have a ****ing clue??

You should know the suburb that the Olympic stadium is in, it was the centre of the greatest olympics ever...."SYDNEY"

So the Olympic stadium capacity is apparently 83500, which strangely was less than what the official crowd was, it was stated that it was 84000 plus
YOU must be dropping off your shape normally you would wiki the **** out of us with facts.
The G is in town, East Melbourne might be its actual postcode. You know the sporting precinct just a walk down the Yarra in the Sports capital of Australia?
I thought you would have been there at least once or you haven't really been to anything really massive by Australian standards ie **** the 12 year old olympics set way out in the bum**** knowhere suburbs that you officially despise.?
I've been to the SCG it's a good ground, very nice but dwarfed by a much bigger and better situated MCG.
Crowd figures and google earth speak for themselves no wiki needed.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #10283
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
YOU must be dropping off your shape normally you would wiki the **** out of us with facts.
The G is in town, East Melbourne might be its actual postcode. You know the sporting precinct just a walk down the Yarra in the Sports capital of Australia?
I thought you would have been there at least once or you haven't really been to anything really massive by Australian standards ie **** the 12 year old olympics set way out in the bum**** knowhere suburbs that you officially despise.?
I've been to the SCG it's a good ground, very nice but dwarfed by a much bigger and better situated MCG.
Crowd figures and google earth speak for themselves no wiki needed.




written by a cunt

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #10284
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Brent Pull Your Head In Mate.
...yes you remember my name, but Triple Ms AFL/NRL Scandal of the year (Joel Monaghan Award) was won by the AFL this year which is shocking due to Craig Field Murdering someone wasnt even in the number 1 spot

PS - Craig Field is a former Rugby League player
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #10285
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
YOU must be dropping off your shape normally you would wiki the **** out of us with facts.
The G is in town, East Melbourne might be its actual postcode. You know the sporting precinct just a walk down the Yarra in the Sports capital of Australia?
I thought you would have been there at least once or you haven't really been to anything really massive by Australian standards ie **** the 12 year old olympics set way out in the bum**** knowhere suburbs that you officially despise.?
I've been to the SCG it's a good ground, very nice but dwarfed by a much bigger and better situated MCG.
Crowd figures and google earth speak for themselves no wiki needed.
A little bit off topic to the point you're making but I always giggle when ppl mention the mighty Yarra.

The neighbours dog pissing in the gutter is bigger than the Yarra
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #10286
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I'll give you a hint knackers, both were pretty much sold out, the olympic stadium no longer holds the same capacity that it did during the olympics

And what suburb is the MCG in cause i wouldnt have a ****ing clue??

You should know the suburb that the Olympic stadium is in, it was the centre of the greatest olympics ever...."SYDNEY"

So the Olympic stadium capacity is apparently 83500, which strangely was less than what the official crowd was, it was stated that it was 84000 plus
this

if ANZ could hold 100,000 like the MCG you can bet it would have been filled to capacity

Melbourne gets bigger crowds to AFL because there is nothing else to do on weekends and the free to air coverage is poor. All things equal, the NRL will end up dominating the AFL like it did Rugby Union
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #10287
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

An afl v nrl argument. Very original jackal.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #10288
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Gonzo, I was at the nrl grand final in 99 when the stadium was at it's original capacity and a dragons/storm grand final attracted almost 109,000 fans, and that was in a bleak dark era fo league.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #10289
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

I just want to know how one becomes a Plastic fan when they work every weekend and live 325km form the edge of Melbourne.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #10290
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Gonzo, I was at the nrl grand final in 99 when the stadium was at it's original capacity and a dragons/storm grand final attracted almost 109,000 fans, and that was in a bleak dark era fo league.
That was one of best Grand Finals Ive seen with the Penalty try at the end and big Lazarus winning and Mundine and St George losing. Does it get any better.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013