Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: What?
He is a cheater, Mayweather, Sr is right; no way he can beat those guys. 34 11.60%
He is a cherrypicker. Those guys are easy to beat, no need for PEDs to do it. 29 9.90%
He is just a great fighter. As simple as that. End this ****in' thread. 230 78.50%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #46
blur
WLADGLASSJAW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Pacquaio a cheater? A cherrypicker? Or just plain great?

the poll standing answers it all!
blur is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #47
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
I actually think Mayweather will beat Pac too.

He just needs to stop these BS claims and have the megafight happen.

like someone said he actually is in to deep for him to stop now..he already has said anyone he fights will have to take the test...sooooo i dont see this going anywhere.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 04:12 AM   #48
TonyD407
Belt holder
ESB Addict

TonyD407 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #49
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Quote:
I am having a good time reading the posts of these Mayweather fanatics who support Mayweather's request for extra-drug test while simultaneously insist that Pac's oppositions have been carefully chosen that is why he has been winning.

I mean, how can you explain Mayweather's drug request when you believe that Pac and his team were just picking the right guys for his style, hence, his wins are not that great to begin with.

So, my question, how do you attribute Pac's success at the higher weights?

Is he a cheat, as Mayweather team suggests, or a cherrypicker, as some of you think he is, or just a great fighter?

Take your pick guys.
Cheat?

That was just an act of cowardice.

The drug tests was just a front, an unreasonable one.

It is unreasonable because it is passe! It is using a 20th century solution to a 21st century problem.

Among the drugs being of issue, only two are really sticking as sore thumbs : EPO and HGH.

Steroids is definitely out of the question as it is really can be tested with urine specimen alone.

I started even before the whole ****ing excuse of drug testing that it is impractical.

Even the people who run thes tests state so:

Dr. Don H. Caitlin, head of the UCLA Olympic Analytical Lab and for many years one of the most knowledgeable experts in the area - possibly the most knowledgeable Ė has stated that he believes blood testing is impractical.

Recent reports indicate that HGH does provide benefit to some class of athletes but definitely not to boxers. In the latest scientific study, it showed it gives benefit to SPRINT athletes. Here is the article :

Growth hormones don't make you stronger: study
By Ashley Hall
Posted May 4, 2010 10:32:00

Sydney-based researchers have published the results of a world-first study which they say show that the use of human growth hormone (HGH) does not make athletes stronger or fitter.
The research found that the use of human growth hormones delivered a 4 per cent boost in sprint capacity but did not enhance endurance, strength or general fitness.
And one subject who was given both HGH and testosterone got more than he bargained, when he noticed he was growing breasts while soaping himself in the shower.
Athletes have used HGH to boost their performance since the 1970s, but no-one had carried out scientific research until now.
A few years ago, Sydney personal trainer Scott Andrews enrolled in a study to see what he might achieve with the help of HGH.
As it turned out, Mr Andrews was selected for the control group. He did not get the hormone but was given some testosterone.
" I think from memory [i] put on three to four kilos but I didn't notice any change in my strength," he said.
Professor Ken Ho from Sydney's Garvin Institute of Medical Research is the lead author of the study.
He says the research team was surprised and delighted by their findings.
"The improvement in performance was observed in a selective aspect of physical function - that of sprint capacity," he said.
"We did not find any effect on endurance, strength and power, which are areas of physical performance which most people expected growth hormone to work on."

So basically, it is just like saying it does not confer any benefit to an athlete not involved in sprinting, or short duration of power and speed.

Testing for HGH or not does not have any benefit among boxers. You get more benefit from injecting XYLOCAINE than injecting HGH.

When it comes to EPO, it is actually the blood tests that is confirmatory. If you become positive with blood, you need to confirm it with a urine tests wheter the increase in blood cells is due to EPO.

Here is the article :

EPO is one type of blood doping. Blood doping is illicitly increasing oneís red blood cell supply. Red blood cells supply oxygen to the bodyís muscles. Thus, an increased red blood cell supply reduces fatigue by delivering oxygen to the muscles more efficiently. This is why blood doping is one of the most logical illegal means of gaining an advantage in boxing. Training at high altitudes is a licit means of increasing red blood cells and endurance. This is why Big Bear is a favorite training camp of many great fighters.
While itís true that a urine analysis alone can detect synthetic EPO, many agencies still use blood tests in addition to the urine tests. The reason for this is simple economics; a blood test that determines if a red blood cell count is unusually high is less than a quarter of the price of a urine test. This is why many anti-doping agencies only perform a urine test for EPO if their blood test indicates suspicious red blood cell levels. Although more expensive a urine test is sufficient to detect synthetic EPO

Based alone on these limited articles and after 5 minutes of reasearch, it seems that a daily urine is enough!!! The only drawback is the expense. But since this is a multi-million dollar fight, F*&&^&K the xpenses.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #50
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
the poll standing answers it all!
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #51
miketysonko
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ppl have voted, time to close this thread
miketysonko is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #52
Sting
Akagami no Shanks
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Only the haters and Floyd dicksuckers insist that he's a cheater and/or a cherrypicker. Glad ESB aren't falling for their retarded views.

Nice Poll.
Sting is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #53
Breakdown
Contender
ESB Senior Member

****in end it already.. poll wins lol
Breakdown is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #54
1HitterQuitter
RUTHLESS BY LAW
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Damn it feels good to be a Pacquiao fan
1HitterQuitter is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #55
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
Manny is a great fighter.

End of thread.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #56
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 335

It's interesting that a lot of people from a certain group didn't vote.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #57
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143

He's a great fighter. I was expecting the polls to be biased, but it ended up being pretty good.
Elite is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #58
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I am having a good time reading the posts of these Mayweather fanatics who support Mayweather's request for extra-drug test while simultaneously insist that Pac's oppositions have been carefully chosen that is why he has been winning.

I mean, how can you explain Mayweather's drug request when you believe that Pac and his team were just picking the right guys for his style, hence, his wins are not that great to begin with.

So, my question, how do you attribute Pac's success at the higher weights?

Is he a cheat, as Mayweather team suggests, or a cherrypicker, as some of you think he is, or just a great fighter?

Take your pick guys.
Pacquiao is great.

But "I am having a good time" reading the comments of Pacquiao fanatics, pretending that they aren't just as hypocitical as the flomos.

Every fighter cherrypicks. So it's nitpicking at best to suggest that Mayweather OR Pacquiao succeeded soley because of this.

As for as the cheating goes... there's no proof. Yea some of Pacquiao's actions in response to that are questionable, but if there's no proof... you can't call him a cheater.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #59
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
He's a great fighter. I was expecting the polls to be biased, but it ended up being pretty good.
This.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #60
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Below 135 he's great. Brilliant, all the wonderful thing that are right about Boxing.

Above 130 he's an example of how gullable the casual fan is, and how a master Promoter can build a phenomena via careful matchmaking and great timing.
SJS19 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum