Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #31
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
I know it was, what is your point?



He stated he was okay after the first Margo fight as well, but he hasn't looked the same since.

Also Gomez was a joke of a fight anyway, Gomez isn't a world class fighter in the slightest.
So in the post fight presser after Marg, Cotto said he was OK.

Gomez was not world class, But Cotto was brimming of confidence, and he meant what he said after the Mosley fight?
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #32
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
I know it was, what is your point?
My bad. Misread your post.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #33
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 10918
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
So in the post fight presser after Marg, Cotto said he was OK.

Gomez was not world class, But Cotto was brimming of confidence, and he meant what he said after the Mosley fight?
Yep after the Margarito fight he said he was okay, he obviously lied and has a history of lying about what bothers him. Like the weight issue with Manny, first he said it was no problem, now he admits to it hurting him to make catch-weight.

Anyone will appear confident against Gomez, he is a low class fighter.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Yep after the Margarito fight he said he was okay, he obviously lied and has a history of lying about what bothers him. Like the weight issue with Manny, first he said it was no problem, now he admits to it hurting him to make catch-weight.

Anyone will appear confident against Gomez, he is a low class fighter.
Well compare how Alvarez did against Gomez and Cotto.

Cotto had a lot more swagger about him and an aura of invincibility.

And I'm OK, and I feel I can take on anyone now after beating a great champion like Mosley are worlds apart.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #35
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 10918
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4thincarnation View Post
Well compare how Alvarez did against Gomez and Cotto.

Cotto had a lot more swagger about him and an aura of invincibility.

And I'm OK, and I feel I can take on anyone now after beating a great champion like Mosley are worlds apart.
Alvarez did just as well as Cotto did again Gomez. Gomez never won a round or one second in either fight.

"swagger" you like Miguel more power to you but every top level fighter than fought Gomez has the I can beat the world swagger, because they are getting easy work and a payday.

To me after the Zab and Mosley fight Cotto wasn't the same as he was at 140, I think he realized his power wasn't what it was at 140 and he couldn't take the shots well at 147. Which is why I think he started to abandon the body punching he used to be known for.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #36
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MEMPHIS,TENN HOME OF THE FIRST 48
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 571251
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
brix slow a guy down more than normal shots, that's something to consider.
But there were no bricks in fight 2 and he still couldnt hurt,wobble or stop Tony...
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #37
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
But there were no bricks in fight 2 and he still couldnt hurt,wobble or stop Tony...

you never know though, we wont ever know. There's no proof just speculation. The outcome could have been different if that was the case, if margarito did use plaster. Just imagine how much of an effect it was when cotto got hit by those shots to the body, he fatigued. You never know he might of been able to last a few more rounds before he was himself in round 6 and would have won in a close fight by continueing to outbox him. lets be honest it takes a mac truck to really hurt this guy with one shot.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Alvarez did just as well as Cotto did again Gomez. Gomez never won a round or one second in either fight.

"swagger" you like Miguel more power to you but every top level fighter than fought Gomez has the I can beat the world swagger, because they are getting easy work and a payday.

To me after the Zab and Mosley fight Cotto wasn't the same as he was at 140, I think he realized his power wasn't what it was at 140 and he couldn't take the shots well at 147. Which is why I think he started to abandon the body punching he used to be known for.
acually miguel has been looking better after the fight after judah. He knew the fact that he beat the same guy known most for beating de la hoya. Although being a bit past his prime was still quite lively. Emmanuel steward pointed it out, he looked out of character in that fight. If it hurt his confidence he should have looked the same as if he fought urkal but he didnt. This was a completely different cotto he boxed offensively and did go to the body still.

at 140 cotto had a weaker chin, in the gomez fight lampley said cotto's camp's response to gomez saying cotto had a weak chin. He starched himself to make the weight and we all know that draining yourself to make the weight is a sure fire way to get stunned easier.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #39
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 10918
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Actually cotto didn't look good after the judah fight. See I can say that too. LOL.

I'm just giving my personal observations.
I think Cotto has been in decline for a long time.
I think it is sad that people think he is "back" after winning at best 4 rounds against Mayweather, the same amount Oscar won in his fight with Floyd at 154.

I will feel equally bad for the Cotto fans when they are shocked at the ease Trout UDs and hurts Cotto.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #40
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Martha's Vineyard
Posts: 13,062
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

People forget a much better cotto destroyed the same margo in the rematch
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #41
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 253
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Actually cotto didn't look good after the judah fight. See I can say that too. LOL.

I'm just giving my personal observations.
I think Cotto has been in decline for a long time.
I think it is sad that people think he is "back" after winning at best 4 rounds against Mayweather, the same amount Oscar won in his fight with Floyd at 154.

I will feel equally bad for the Cotto fans when they are shocked at the ease Trout UDs and hurts Cotto.

well if that's the case then cotto had a big change from right after he beat mosley. By the time he faced judah i believe he had a much better jab and started to use it. He's looked good against mosley and urkal. The only reason you'd say he's on a decline is because he's been the bigger guy at 140. 147 is his best weight, his chin isnt as shaky, his power is still good, he can bully guys but had to box at times. He's faced guys worse than gomez and has never been that way.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #42
alexgtshp
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
But there were no bricks in fight 2 and he still couldnt hurt,wobble or stop Tony...
I'm thinking that I remeber Margo being knocked off balance twice in the rematch. Will have to rewatch for exact moments, but I think one was in round 6 or 7, left hook made him drop his arms and stumble forward.
alexgtshp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #43
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,784
vCash: 372
Default Re: The way Cotto turned Out after beating mosely before margarito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
The Margo loss probably placed a doubt in Cotto's mind.

Not sure if the win at 154 exorcised it.

IMO, he would've lost stylistically to Pac because of styles.
The fact that Margarito was proven a cheater gave him a psychological boost for sure and the pictures he provided during his face-off showed that he was certain Margarito cheater. After that interview with Margarito reduced to responses like "whatever" he's more than convinced and his performances against both Margarito and Mayweather prove it.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013