boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 216 81.51%
No. 17 6.42%
I used to. 32 12.08%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #41656
casian72
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
I understand negotiations homie....I've been in MANY negotiations in my profession. Which is why I NEVER bought that Floyd really wanted this fight. Why? Simple....

Floyd didn't act in the normal fashion he had always exhibited before when negotiating previous fights.

Floyd never came out blasting opponents with accusations that could harm or destroy a career...Floyd never needed special tests for any of his other opponents before PAC was on the radar.

Think of it this way.....Making a fight isn't that much different than any business negotiations.

Let me paint you a picture....Let's say Floyd represents "Apple inc" and PAC represents "GOOGLE". Let's say Apple and GOOGLE were in negotiations to make some MASSIVE deal that would generate HUGE profits.

Let's take the negotiations model that Floyd took when "negotiating" the fight with PAC.

Apple does a press release insulting GOOGLE....accusing GOOGLE of unethical business practices and then DEMANDS GOOGLE to subject themselves to an internal audit by a company that Apple hired.

We all know that if Apple went that route, it means Apple NEVER really wanted to make a deal with GOOGLE in the first place....

GOOGLE wouldn't have even thought of using PAC's negotiation model after that ****....GOOGLE would have killed any thought of any further negotiations with Apple and the proposed business partnership would have been dead in the water.

Floyd's actions speak louder than anything his mouth could produce. His actions prove he doesn't want to fight PAC....no matter what his mouth says......his actions contradict anything he says when it comes to fighting Manny.

If Floyd wanted to fight PAC he would have shown the actions of a man who was looking to "CLOSE" the deal...not "SABOTAGE" it.
Im not saying Floyd has no fault. He shares the responsibility with Manny and Arum for failure to make the fight.

And this is boxing, not some technology company merger. Insult, accusations, heresay, berating opponents, its all part of the game.

I believe both Floyd and Manny wanted and still want the fight. Floyd has always insult ed and accused his opponents of some **** or another. I feel that like those fighters Manny wanted to settle the score in the ring but was, in his mind, legitimately concerned about how the test would affect him.

This is were Arum took over. I strongly feel that Arum conviced Pac, to instead of continuing negotiating the cutoff for testing, to move on and fight Clottey. He also pushed Manny to file the suit, because Manny doesnt seem like the type to be filing lawsuits over **** like that. He would let his fist do the talking.

From this point forward chaos ensued and the blame game went into high gear.

In all these years of attempted negotiations, Arum has reigned supreme in excuse making and placing obstructions for the fight to be made.

If you ****yze the negotiations thouroughly and without bias you will come to the conclusion that Manny is probably least at fault for the fail negotiations. Then comes Floyd but the bulk of the blame squarely lies on Arum's shoulders.
casian72 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #41657
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Mayweathers backs down on steroid accusations in settlement with Manny Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by casian72 View Post
Im not saying Floyd has no fault. He shares the responsibility with Manny and Arum for failure to make the fight.

And this is boxing, not some technology company merger. Insult, accusations, heresay, berating opponents, its all part of the game.

I believe both Floyd and Manny wanted and still want the fight. Floyd has always insult ed and accused his opponents of some **** or another. I feel that like those fighters Manny wanted to settle the score in the ring but was, in his mind, legitimately concerned about how the test would affect him.

This is were Arum took over. I strongly feel that Arum conviced Pac, to instead of continuing negotiating the cutoff for testing, to move on and fight Clottey. He also pushed Manny to file the suit, because Manny doesnt seem like the type to be filing lawsuits over **** like that. He would let his fist do the talking.

From this point forward chaos ensued and the blame game went into high gear.

In all these years of attempted negotiations, Arum has reigned supreme in excuse making and placing obstructions for the fight to be made.

If you ****yze the negotiations thouroughly and without bias you will come to the conclusion that Manny is probably least at fault for the fail negotiations. Then comes Floyd but the bulk of the blame squarely lies on Arum's shoulders.

This.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #41658
Thatman
No respond troll pactards
ESB Addict

Quote:
This is something positive that has come out of Floyd's "negative" actions. Not that additional testing on athletes is NOT a good thing...in boxing...it's NECESSARY for the sport to progress....and we have to accept that Floyd was the the man at the heart of this whole movement.

However......his intentions were NOT honorable.....They were presented in a way that Floyd hoped would be perceived that way but in reality he wasn't drawing attention to the outdated testing measures in boxing to "clean up the sport"....he did it to help his baseless accusations aimed at tarnishing PAC's career as a boxer.

I take the good with the bad.....but I'm not one to let Floyd off the hook just because there was some good that came from all this.
I don't care about his intentions.

His intentions are not even relevant. What is relevant is that a top level athlete asked to have certain cutoffs, which took away from the integrity of the testing.
If he did it to ehlp his accusations then he wouldn't have asked every fighter since getting the idea to start it.

Whatever Floyd's intentions were is not important. What is important is that NO athlete should duck or manipulate any drug testing.
Thatman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #41659
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
i knew nothing would happen. floyd didnt want to release his medical records to pacs lawyers.
Why should he after all the **** Pac pulled in negotiations. Pac frankly doesn't deserve it. Wouldn't even do random testing to make the fight
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #41660
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

This is still alive?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #41661
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1448
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

why didn't puga_no_nuts bump this thread?
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #41662
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottenham19 View Post
Floyd all day! He has shown the ability to adapt to his opponents mid-fight, and turn the tables completely. Remember the Hatton fight?

Manny fights JMM twice, destroys him early, and JMM makes an adjustment to which Pacquiao cannot deal with - at all. Ever since those fights, Manny's opponents have been made for him so he doesn't HAVE to get out of his style:

DLH: Completely drained at 147, became a glorified punching bag (leftover)

Hatton: Tries to get in close, leaves his chin exposed and gets KO'd (leftover)

Cotto: Shell of his former self after Margarito blasted him with the plaster, and couldn't take the damage Manny dished out

Clottey: Put on the earmuffs and let Manny tee off on him - however, Manny STILL was able to get caught with the same damn uppercut and NOT make an adjustment

Margarito: Complete zombie!

Mosley: Ran away the entire time and refused to fight. Manny didn't expect this, and couldn't do anything to really hurt a guy who decided to touch gloves more than throw actual punches! (Another leftover!)
WTF is this about?? has nothing to do with the thread!!!
Godsavethequeen is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #41663
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I ain't voting. As it obvious who is more versatile anyone knows that.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #41664
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 931

Mayweather because he's willing to fight women as well as men.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #41665
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Answer is still Flooooyydd BAMBAMBAMBEOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #41666
Godsavethequeen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
look at the 1st 2 pages. Many of guys gave their opinion. Maybe an opinion isn't even needed since the poll is 80+ percent in favor of one guy

Ripper you write this after you come out with:- Dumb SOB. A " what he said " and a post of Fraud willner being interviewed... How about you talk about the topic instead!! And yes Fraud is more versatile, but it does not mean he has a guaranteed win over Pacquiao
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #41667
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1448

Quote:
This thread is an example of Floyd's versatility
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Also a perfect example of it is shown in the Castillo fight. He boxed Castillo and used the ring in the first part of the fight. He even switched southpaw a few times. The fight got a little rough and it got dangerously close toward the end, so Floyd comes out in the 11th round and fight Castillo who weighed in as a welterweight, and fights him up close in the pocket.

That is versatility. I'm just asking for an example like this from Manny
Quote:
yeah I was speaking on the first one.*
The Chavez fight is just like that also. Floyd came out boxing him, and then ended the fight beating Chavez up in the pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsavethequeen View Post
Ripper you write this after you come out with:- Dumb SOB. A " what he said " and a post of Fraud willner being interviewed... How about you talk about the topic instead!! And yes Fraud is more versatile, but it does not mean he has a guaranteed win over Pacquiao
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #41668
Thatman
ESB Addict

Floyd and it isn't close.
Thatman is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #41669
Thatman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Interesting stats...most of manny's defensive stats with jmm impact those numbers. If you add up the numbers for the last 7 fights and compare the numbers are almost identical for defensive stats.
I know your not a pac**** so let's get that out of the way.

But why the hell do pac****s and pacquiao fans always say the same thing when it comes to Floyd always dominating the statistics. You guys always say "well if you throw out this...but if you take this out...or add this and subtract this..."

No that is not how it works. The numbers are what they are.

How about this....lemme get on what these guys do..."Floyd is undefeated as a pro and as an amatuer if you throw his 6 losses out in the amatuers."

"The Buffalo Bills would be 4-0 in Super Bowls if Norwood did not miss the kick in Super Bowl 25. Then that would have given them confidence to beat Mark Rypen and the Redskins in Super Bowl 26, and they would not have lost to Dalls in Super Bowl 27 and Super Bowl 28."
Thatman is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #41670
Mrpacman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

***** lose lawsuit. ***** lose battle negotiation too.

***** no accept but this true.

Did Floyd put on 15 pound of muscle yet?
Mrpacman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum