bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571
Default Re: Why Mayweather beats Sergio Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
Good thread Bball.

Based on latest developments, anyone else see Floyd vs Berto early next year with Canelo late year? Seems to be the path at the moment as far as Money's return and plans.
thanks man and I could easily see a Berto fight happening next. 2013 will be a big year for Canelo and I think Floyd could be in those plans as well
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #182
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I rather he fights Devon than Berto(e) next.

Get some additional experience against lefties under his belt.

All Devon has to do is look good beating Bailey
Leon is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #183
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

I honestly think Berto for the first few rounds is a very live dog...then he'll gas and get dominated, but they'd be really exciting early.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #184
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Review the tape and watch how much Ortiz was making Mayweather miss. Don't get me wrong, Mayweather landed some eye catching right hands, but Ortiz isn't exactly the most reactive fighter, and he managed to make Floyd miss much more than usual, especially as the fight went on. Perhaps, Floyd found it hard to get up for that fight, but it could also be a sign of decline.

Sergio is an anticipating counterpuncher with a lot of experience and foot speed.

If Floyd doesn't open up first, he'll give Sergio too much time to operate and he'll break down Floyd with lefts to the body, and to the face.

If Sergio is just completely weight drained and a shell of himself, Floyd has a chance, but if the Sergio showed up that fought Chavez, I think he KOs Floyd.

Floyd is not going to take this fight. He could make a lot of money, more than he would with anyone else aside from Pacquaio and maybe Canelo, but he's also more dangerous that Pacquaio and Canelo.

I will say that Canelo does pose some problems and as he gains more experience and Floyd gets older, the fight outcome shifts in his favor.

Right now, it's close to 50/50 as it is.

But against Sergio, again, I think Floyd gets knocked out.

I believe he'll fight Berto after he beats K-9.
Floyd was not sharp at all. Ortiz was showing very little head movement in that fight. His timing, especially on his hook was way off.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #185
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Haven't seen no swarmeresque qualities from Sergio yet. He's more like a somewhat slick southpaw boxer-puncher
Martinez isn't really slick at all. He just moves a lot. He gets hit clean plenty, even against plodders like Pavlik,Barker, and Chavez. Floyd will have zero problems touching Sergio. Can he handle Sergio's movement until Martinez slows down is the only question I have.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #186
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

Floyd will probably sit out until he gets either Canelo or Cotto. just makes money/sense
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #187
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Martinez isn't really slick at all. He just moves a lot. He gets hit clean plenty, even against plodders like Pavlik,Barker, and Chavez. Floyd will have zero problems touching Sergio. Can he handle Sergio's movement until Martinez slows down is the only question I have.
Start the fight off in the shoulder roll shell, and str8 right away at ***y Sergio's body to take away those legs.

I know exactly what you mean. ***y Sergio relies primarily and heavily on his leg movement for defense. His head movement can be surprisingly sloppy for someone that fast especially when he's near the ropes.

Once his legs are drained, it'll be very easy to aim for the head.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #188
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Start the fight off in the shoulder roll shell, and str8 right away at ***y Sergio's body to take away those legs.

I know exactly what you mean. ***y Sergio relies primarily and heavily on his leg movement for defense. His head movement can be surprisingly sloppy for someone that fast especially when he's near the ropes.

Once his legs are drained, it'll be very easy to aim for the head.
exactly, when Sergio is tired, he's gets phucked. His defense mostly relies on his feet and reflexes which requires great conditioning (which he has). But even when he is tired, he still doesn't try to adjust to it and gets tagged a fair bit.
I was screaming at him to get his hands up vs Chavez late in the fight when he was tired.
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 AM   #189
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
exactly, when Sergio is tired, he's gets phucked. His defense mostly relies on his feet and reflexes which requires great conditioning (which he has). But even when he is tired, he still doesn't try to adjust to it and gets tagged a fair bit.
I was screaming at him to get his hands up vs Chavez late in the fight when he was tired.
You can say he bit it here. We may now be subject to a silly rematch between ***y Sergio(e) and Julio's son
Leon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum