Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default World class fighters & domestic level??

Interesting topic I was talking about with my friend

Do you think world class fighers at lower weights could beat domestic level Australian fighters at higher weights

Like could someone like Rigondeuax beat Chad Bennett at welterweight
Could Andre Ward beat Alex Leapai.
I reckon Blake Capparrello is all class but do you reckon at this stage in their careers Daniel Geale could beat him at 175?
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
briggzy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: World class fighters & domestic level??

bro there is a huge step up in skill and class
briggzy is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
the ninja
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggzy View Post
bro there is a huge step up in skill and class
spot on , to answer the question correctly rigondeax would beat all of them at the same time , no joke
the ninja is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #4
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Big step up for our domestic level fighters to say the least. No one can deny that Australian boxers fight with a lot of heart and courage, however on the world stage we don't really make a massive impact and that's understandable as we only have a population of 20 million and out of that a couple hundred pro boxers, and maybe 1000'registered amateurs.

Compared to the U.S, Latin America, the U.K, Easter European Countries and places like Cuba we have a tiny fraction of the worlds boxers both am and pro.

Also most boxers in Australia aren't that hungry to fight because we have a society that supports us e.g centrelink, free education and there are so many opportunities that don't exist in other places.

What I'm trying to say is because of these things boxing isn't the sole focus of most Australian fighters from a young age and because of this most good domestic level fighters we have lack the foundation of having good fundamental skills that good domestic fighters from say the Ukraine would have.

As for rigondeaux beating Bennett, I'd say that would be highly likely even with all that weight. ****** Kane who won the Gold Medal at Manchester Commonwealth Games for Australia had great boxing fundamentals and was probably the best 54 kg amateur Australia ever had besides Peden would push Chad Bennett and he got stopped in 1 round by Rigondeaux.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #5
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Anthony Mundine - is he domestic level? I'd say he's on the cusp.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #6
james5000
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

If Leapai were to fight Ward in the next month without Ward adding much size, I cant see how Ward can win? There's a reason there's weight classes.

Leapai by ko all day every day, he's too big and strong.
james5000 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 05:04 AM   #7
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Agree 100% and will add we also don't have as many great coaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwgcolman View Post
Big step up for our domestic level fighters to say the least. No one can deny that Australian boxers fight with a lot of heart and courage, however on the world stage we don't really make a massive impact and that's understandable as we only have a population of 20 million and out of that a couple hundred pro boxers, and maybe 1000'registered amateurs.

Compared to the U.S, Latin America, the U.K, Easter European Countries and places like Cuba we have a tiny fraction of the worlds boxers both am and pro.

Also most boxers in Australia aren't that hungry to fight because we have a society that supports us e.g centrelink, free education and there are so many opportunities that don't exist in other places.

What I'm trying to say is because of these things boxing isn't the sole focus of most Australian fighters from a young age and because of this most good domestic level fighters we have lack the foundation of having good fundamental skills that good domestic fighters from say the Ukraine would have.

As for rigondeaux beating Bennett, I'd say that would be highly likely even with all that weight. ****** Kane who won the Gold Medal at Manchester Commonwealth Games for Australia had great boxing fundamentals and was probably the best 54 kg amateur Australia ever had besides Peden would push Chad Bennett and he got stopped in 1 round by Rigondeaux.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #8
the commentator
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i guess we need to throw weight classes out of the window now..
the commentator is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum