Old 10-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: Buakaw Banchamek to meet Manny Pacquiao in the Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Just to be clear Manny Pacquiao trained Yaw Yan not Mauythai. cant find the video of him sparring (I think Youtube took it down) but here is a picture of manny in Thai shorts for your enjoyment.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This goes to prove that Manny always had a big head.
chimba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #17
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
This goes to prove that Manny always had a big head.
There's a couple ways to take this, and I don't know which you mean.

Manny has always had a big head can mean he was an egomaniac before he was famous. This is actually funny.

Then there are the steroid allegations. Some of the people accused of cheating, like Barry Bonds, supposedly had smaller heads when they were just a few adult years younger. You could have meant Manny's head was literally as big now as it was a few years ago.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #18
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post

About Pac's expereince in Thailand, it doesn't work like you say. When a Pinoy boxer gets flown over to fight a Thai (which happens regularly) he is flown out no earlier than a week, usually does the press conference in a hotel for the Thai media, given a pair of Twinns boxing shorts, fights and before he's had time to get to the top floor of MBK he's on a plane home. Not enough time to learn how to say kick in Thai let alone how to throw onen. He was never based in Thailand and I think only fought there a handful of times.

I'd say that's an boxing Urban Myth.
Even if it's light training, it's still experience. It's likely he sparred and learned the basics during downtime since he did spend a lot of time in Thailand. If you can actually prove Pac NEVER trained in MT at any point in his life, fine, no biggy. I never claimed it was indisputable. But I wouldn't call it an urban myth; it sounds more like a reasonable possibility. As for an MMA match, if I'm not mistaken Buakaw has been KOed before by punches and all it takes is for MP to land one of his signature shots to get him out of there. But I'd still put my money on Buakaw to win although I would not be shocked to see Pac get the KO.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
There's a couple ways to take this, and I don't know which you mean.

Manny has always had a big head can mean he was an egomaniac before he was famous. This is actually funny.

Then there are the steroid allegations. Some of the people accused of cheating, like Barry Bonds, supposedly had smaller heads when they were just a few adult years younger. You could have meant Manny's head was literally as big now as it was a few years ago.
The latter. Cmon look at his head compared to that other guy.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quality.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #21
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
yeah he was young when he trained yaw yan, I dont know where this picture is from. You are probably right. I just found this picture looking for the video that used to exist on youtube of Pac kicking pads. sorry if I wasnt clear.
He was on some Thai TV show with his wife, around 2005. I don't think he really trained kickboxing in any form.
RSBonos is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #22
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBonos View Post
He was on some Thai TV show with his wife, around 2005. I don't think he really trained kickboxing in any form.
Yeah this is the one on the tv show in thailand. I dont mean this. 8:02 has a quick scene(I guess thats where the pic comes from)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX2vctxC9hY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Really has no one else seen the vid I am talking about with pac kicking pads?
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Even if it's light training, it's still experience. It's likely he sparred and learned the basics during downtime since he did spend a lot of time in Thailand. If you can actually prove Pac NEVER trained in MT at any point in his life, fine, no biggy. I never claimed it was indisputable. But I wouldn't call it an urban myth; it sounds more like a reasonable possibility. As for an MMA match, if I'm not mistaken Buakaw has been KOed before by punches and all it takes is for MP to land one of his signature shots to get him out of there. But I'd still put my money on Buakaw to win although I would not be shocked to see Pac get the KO.
Fair enough Gyll, sure it’s no biggy and I really don’t wanna ding dong over this & of course I can’t prove Manny never kicked a few pads or threw a few knees, but the scenario you describe is highly unlikely. Manny’s only fought in Thailand twice, once in the South and once just outside BKK. He’s been there on a few promotional trips and probably a few holidays but this idea he’s spent lots of time in BKK training, doesn’t make sense. And if Manny “learned the basics (of MT) in downtime” with a few short sessions on the pads then he’s the most a natural born fighter since Achilles…. I mean come on, can I learn the basics of BJJ or the sweet science in a few snatched sessions on the pads and bags? And in Thailand you know what fighters do when they have “downtime”, they sleep………they sleep a lot.

There are very little Muay Sakon or boxing trainers, sparring partners and dedicated facilities available to Thai western styled boxers, they cut a lonely path next to their Muay Thai brethren, often training in the same gym at the same time, but very often on their own alongside their gym mates. Possible 3 days a week he’ll join in with sparring which is usually only hands in Muay Thai gyms (with feet nad knees it’s technical sparring almost zero contact tapping with no shin guards or gloves, the emphasis is on accuracy, speed and correct technique, too much contact equals injury, equals loss of a payday). The exception to this is when they get snapped up by the few dedicated boxing gyms or get the chance to train with at Thai amateur boxing teams facilities like Pongsaklek does. My point being, he’d never have “sparred Muay Thai” to any great degree and I doubt he would have even trained with MT guys at the same time. In reality he was probably invited to train in either the Galaxy or Redbull gym for his pre-fight build up or even government facilities, that picture of the Muay Thai institute in Rangsit looks like a publicity stunt to me as RJJ says.

Interms of the MMA thing and Manny’s one punch power of course that’s possible, but one could equally argue Manny’s never tasted a good knee, elbow or kick so I wouldn’t be surprised with a Buakaw stoppage, TKO by low kick, TKO by elbow or KO by kick.

The thing is when they do have this amatuer boxing "show" Buakaw's probabaly gonna get schooled nad look very clumsy. I imagine that's how Manny would look in Buakaw's world of full on striking.

Quote:
Yeah this is the one on the tv show in thailand. I dont mean this. 8:02 has a quick scene(I guess thats where the pic comes from)

Really has no one else seen the vid I am talking about with pac kicking pads?
Great clip.

Manny and Jinkee in better times. Maybe that's where all the affairs strarted aftereating those insect at the floating market......

By the way that's not Thai TV that's Filipino TV.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

Is this gonna be televised? When will we see this match cause it looks very intriguing.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by evalistinho View Post
Is this gonna be televised? When will we see this match cause it looks very intriguing.
It's early days, but I imagine it'll be on national TV in both countries and that'll be it as it's just really a playful exhibiton bout.

If it really does happen, it'll be on You Tube soon enough.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #26
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
I
In answer to you question in a MMA bout who wins? Well, one seasoned champion fighter with two weapons takes on another sesoned champion fighter with 8 weapons....you do the math.....
As if its that simple

Anyways, sounds interesting, will be fun to see it anyways.... hope it doesnt effect Pacs actual boxing career though.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #27
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
As if its that simple

Anyways, sounds interesting, will be fun to see it anyways.... hope it doesnt effect Pacs actual boxing career though.

Well go on then, expalain to an fool like me how complicated it is then?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #28
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

This just in from Fight Sport Asia

Quote:
October 4, 2012 | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Well it seemed like a complete fantasty…
but in the past few weeks the ridiculous rumor has gained more and more momentum.

People were talking about alternating one round muay thai one round boxing, but this seems to be dead talk for now.

The match is seemingly being set up as a full rules boxing match with 8 rounds (x2 minutes fight x2 minutes break)

“Manny” Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) is said to be very open and happy for the fight to go ahead ($$$$)

Narong Hengtrakul, one of Thailand’s most renowned international matchmakers, who dabbles in both boxing and muay thai events… will meet Pacquiao in Manila to attempt to finalize the contract for December 21st.

Buakaw (205-21-12, 53 KOs) is said to be set to make 5 million baht while Pacquiao will take his cut and end up with a rumoured 150 million baht.

The event is set to take place in the Bangkok Royal Plaza in Thailand.
If indeed this fight does go down (which actually seems highly likely now) then i’m not sure how i feel about it personally…. will i tune in?
Sure…. Will i convince myself this is a great idea….. errrmm No.

I’m sure there will be a lot of questions about why this is happening and why we here at FSA seem to think its a possibility.
Well besides the almighty dollar that’s being waved around, there is the promoter Narong Hengtrakul.

Narong is a close friend with Pacquiao and has been rumored to have assisted Pacquiao’s run at politics in the Philippines. This bond certainly helps the prospects.

Buakaw has had ‘financial issues’ stemming from the Por Pramuk fall out…

No matter what reasons are thrown around, 4 key reasons remain.
Money, Money, Money MOOOONEEEY!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #29
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:

Well go on then, expalain to an fool like me how complicated it is then?
I think Kirk has a point.

In terms of weaponry, Pac sound out gunned. Buakaw has 8 and Pac only has 2.

However, his 2 can easily take Buakaw out.

And his effectivity using his hands is of course top-level so he has an edge in terms of punching.

And that's not just a slight edge, it's a very big one.

So even if Pacquiao has less weapons, his fighting chance is not as small as it appears.

Just my two cents mate.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Quote:
This just in from Fight Sport Asia
There is no way those purses could be real.

150,000,000.00 THB = 4,908,317.96 USD

5,000,000.00 THB = 163,580.11 USD

Does the promoter expect to make more than this??
RJJFan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum