Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #16
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Alan Rudkin had beaten Fighting Harada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
although i agree rudkin did beat rose it was a close fight and not really a robbery more of a polite pick pocket. graham vs mccallum was bloody close too and could of been a graham win without to much sreaming robbery either
The way the decision went was no robbery (check out my article) BUT the fact one of the cards was 15-0 shows Rudders had no chance!
Flea Man is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #17
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
The way the decision went was no robbery (check out my article) BUT the fact one of the cards was 15-0 shows Rudders had no chance!

only responded to your post that had the word robbed in it and if you go away from home say to Germany today then you expect the home judge to be biased so some things never change in boxing but then everybody knows that is the score and has been always the case in boxing even back to the days when fighters took their own refs around with them. but i do agree that 15 to 0 is awful scoring be interesting to know how many fights that judge was given at world level after that fight
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #18
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaluma View Post
...in his first title challenge how would his reign have turned out? Would he have won or lost a rematch with Harada or would Harada have gone up to Featherweight? Would he have fought Walter McGowan for the title? Would he have kept the title against tough challengers like Caraballo or Medel? Would he have defeated Rose as champion with home advantage?

And where would his place in UK boxing history be if he had won and held the title for a few defences against this level of opposition?

I always felt Rudkin is a perfect example of a fighter who these days would be a champion but due to the strength of the era in which he fought with only one world title (as it should be!) was unfortunately relegated to just being a very very good contender.
Excellent fighter who was around in a great era .Good enough to be a world champion, but in the wrong place at the wrong time.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Great thread! I'll sit down later and put something together, a bit of background information.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #20
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
Flea, I'll nick our kid's i-phone next I see him and have a butchers at that article. Look forward to it actually.

Agree that Rudkin would probably be a bit better suited to pinning Sakurai down going on his style and the success he had with types like Rose, McGowan, Caldwell etc. Good fight, that one - Sakurai was neat and really well honed. Rudkin had a couple of slips post-Olivares against Revie and Senin too, who were both lefties. He was pretty worn though by that time, and Senin in particular was meant to be a really good fighter. Remember Al saying that the old fella spoke quite highly of Senin, who I think retired to enter a monastery or something.

@ babaluma , I agree (again) with Flea that Rudkin was a notch above Graham, though I like Herol (who's a nice bloke). The wins over Caldwell, Ben Ali, McGowan (twice really), Esparza and the Rose fight nail it for me just about. I think I like Rudkin's effort vs Harada over Graham's McCallum effort too. Harada was greater than McCallum imo and at his peak, plus Rudkin was at a slight stylistic disadvantage and had to go to Tokyo to boot. Herol was cool though, best bodyslammer I've ever seen.

Flea, could you see Rose doing better against Olivares if he hadn't been a weight drained husk, even if he wasn't able to actually turn Olivares over? Massive, massive bantam, which like you said was never a problem for Rudkin.
u have gone 2 far , exposed yourself as n idiot that does not understand what he is crapping about .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
u have gone 2 far , exposed yourself as n idiot that does not understand what he is crapping about .
Everyone thinks that about you every time you post. Your opinion is not valued. Why do you continue to post here?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Everyone thinks that about you every time you post. Your opinion is not valued. Why do you continue to post here?
i had a feeling that d insecure tiny little ***** will reply 2 this

Kalambay domin8ed McCallum . did he not , Fem ?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yes he did. What the **** has that got to do with anything?

And *****? I've asked you to meet up with me a few times. So f'n bring it you soft cunt you'll get shanked.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #24
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

I have never seen a profound domination like what Kalambay did 2 McCallum , will never 4get that survival clinic that he put .

Poor Mike could rarely make a fight out of it .

I already in4med u about me not being able 2 leave d place where i m at in d near future , but if i will ever have d realistic opportunity of helping u realise a part of your fantasy , i will remember your wish , Fem , and will try 2 help u with it .
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Thanks 'frank
Old 10-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #26
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

I share some of your desires Fem , but in4m me if u take it on d road , it might help us make a dream come true .
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Where abouts would I need to go? I imagine you can't leave because A. You're in a padded cell or B. Your passport has been denied as you're a *** offender.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #28
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

big problem would b 2 keep that big secret between us , i really think it will b hard 2 disguise .

convince me that u have d resources 2 take it on d road 1st , if u do , u make part of your wish come true .

Might b a bit cheaper than u believe , but i still go2know that u have what it takes .

If u go2thailand , u can ge2where imat , but ru willing 2 ? and how will we keep our secret a secret ? it may b quite a thick 1 2 hide .
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
You seem to make a habit of ****ing good threads up.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
You seem to make a habit of ****ing good threads up.
1) not a good thread
2) did not mean 2 ruin it anyway
3) and because i quoted a post and marked and replied about its most idiotic part i ruined d thread ?

and 2 Fem : there is no way that it will b able 2b kept as a secret between us , at least i know what i mean .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum