Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #46
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

TBH i haven't seen it yet but Brook's two weeks out from biggest fight of his career, he's edgy because of that and is then placed into a intense situation. Anyone who knows how boxers are knows that there always on edge. Brooding figures normally and just want to rest and get to fight time.

Will give it a watch now, Sky done well hear if Khan can get back up on feet and win a few and Brook captures the IBF title then 2013 we could have a real world class domestic showdown.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #47
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Just watched this.

Khan does talk a good game and Brook did seem somewhat subdued.

Cant read much into it though I dont think
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #48
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
on resumes Khan is definitely ahead....but as u said Khan just cannot help himself from going toe to toe, and that only ever ends one way...
This is the biggest mis conception right now in world boxing!!, infact its worse than that, its a plain and simple cop out!! Khan was flattened by Danny Garcia because fundamentally he cannot box defensively, and im not referring to his ability to run around the ring with his hands up, im talking about basic defensive counter measures that boxers learn and drill day in day out, rolling, slipping,counter roll, lay counter, moving off on angles, rolling in and out of combination punching!!! none of which Khan does, hence he got clobbered and KO'd again

Yes he stands and fights, but so does every God dam boxer in the world, its not like he rushes in looking for a tear up is it???, the kid cannot fight inside and cannot defend, its a flaw in his game that at this stage cannot be corrected, its an art, a science, you cannot just decide one day, hey im gonna be Pernel Whittaker by this time in 3 months because im going to practice every day, it takes years

Khan got walloped because he's flawed, he was beaten to the shot by the better fighter on the night and his chin didnt stand up to the test, its as plain and as simple as that

We got caught, we were winning the fight until we got caught, we know we can take the shots we were taking them in sparring !!!!!! **** off Amir! we we we we bull shit, reconstruct your game, lose the cling ons, lose the ego, lose the delusion and come back a better fighter
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #49
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Khan talks like a fighter who hasn't been beaten 3 times & KOd twice.

Brook got buried in my opinion. Everytime he tried to mention Amirs chin, Khan was talking over him.

Johnny Nelson intervened & put it on a plate for Brook (intentionally to). When he said "what's Amir's weakness" It was all set up for Brook to rip him but he couldn't manage it. Nelson even told Khan to shut up so Brook could answer.

The boy needs some media training
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #50
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
This is the biggest mis conception right now in world boxing!!, infact its worse than that, its a plain and simple cop out!! Khan was flattened by Danny Garcia because fundamentally he cannot box defensively, and im not referring to his ability to run around the ring with his hands up, im talking about basic defensive counter measures that boxers learn and drill day in day out, rolling, slipping,counter roll, lay counter, moving off on angles, rolling in and out of combination punching!!! none of which Khan does, hence he got clobbered and KO'd again

Yes he stands and fights, but so does every God dam boxer in the world, its not like he rushes in looking for a tear up is it???, the id cannot fight inside and cannot defend, its a flaw in his game that at this stage cannot be corrected, its an art, a science, you cannot just decide one day, hey im gonna Pernel Whittaker by this time in 3 months because im going to practice every day, it takes years

Khan got walloped because he's flawed, he was beaten to the shot by the better fighter on the night and his chin didnt stand up to the test, its as plain and as simple as that

We got caught, we were winning the fight until we got caught, we know we can take the shots we were taking them in sparring !!!!!! **** off Amir! we we we we bull shit, reconstruct your game, lose the cling ons, lose the ego, lose the delusion and come back a better fighter
I agree with what your saying but I was referring more to when Khan is hurt he then decides to go toe to toe, most fighters hold, use a few tricks to buy themselves time for their heads to clear.

To the emboldened bit, yes he does literally just rush in with his chin in the air with no thought of what he's actually doing other than to throw those flurries he loves
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #51
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Just watching that vid posted, TBH it's edited clips but Brook seems non plussed Khan's dropped a few digs like dropping leagues and KOing him like it's lightwork.

Nothing special from what i saw, I got to admit i prefer Brook on boxing and characther levels. Khan's still talking like a elite tier fighter as you say Macho, Probably because he's got a new trainer.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #52
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Khan is much more comfortable in front of the cameras, Brook seems quite nervous.

None of them really told too many lies, Brook basically said Khan hasn't got a chin which is true, and Khan said Brook needs to step up and fight the best, which is true.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #53
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
This is the biggest mis conception right now in world boxing!!, infact its worse than that, its a plain and simple cop out!! Khan was flattened by Danny Garcia because fundamentally he cannot box defensively, and im not referring to his ability to run around the ring with his hands up, im talking about basic defensive counter measures that boxers learn and drill day in day out, rolling, slipping,counter roll, lay counter, moving off on angles, rolling in and out of combination punching!!! none of which Khan does, hence he got clobbered and KO'd again

Yes he stands and fights, but so does every God dam boxer in the world, its not like he rushes in looking for a tear up is it???, the kid cannot fight inside and cannot defend, its a flaw in his game that at this stage cannot be corrected, its an art, a science, you cannot just decide one day, hey im gonna be Pernel Whittaker by this time in 3 months because im going to practice every day, it takes years

Khan got walloped because he's flawed, he was beaten to the shot by the better fighter on the night and his chin didnt stand up to the test, its as plain and as simple as that

We got caught, we were winning the fight until we got caught, we know we can take the shots we were taking them in sparring !!!!!! **** off Amir! we we we we bull shit, reconstruct your game, lose the cling ons, lose the ego, lose the delusion and come back a better fighter
Spot on, good post.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #54
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
I agree with what your saying but I was referring more to when Khan is hurt he then decides to go toe to toe, most fighters hold, use a few tricks to buy themselves time for their heads to clear.

To the emboldened bit, yes he does literally just rush in with his chin in the air with no thought of what he's actually doing other than to throw those flurries he loves
He doesn't rush in with his chin up, he leaves with his chin up, big difference

Khan is not a slugger, nor is he a pure fighter, he is a defensively flawed fighter who has talent, Prescott flattened him in 20 seconds, it was the weight, Peterson walked him down and nullified him, it was steroids, Garcia flattened him 3 and a half rounds, its the fact Amir likes a fight too much!!!

Its lies, its not the truth, its delusion

Khan is not a scrapper, he doesn't go looking for a tear up any more or any less than the next man, its the latest instalment of why Khan lost when he wasn't supposed to!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #55
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
What did you think about Crolla interviewing the prizefighters, I laughed by bollocks off when Crolla and one of the other fighters were sat in the chair getting their make up on for the photo shoot, and as make up dude was tarting them up with the blusher - Crolla turns around and says to the other fighter (Spence I think) "this is what boxing is all about". Weird, but funny
Crolla is a top lad.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #56
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,599
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

post no 48 is bang on
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #57
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Khan talks like a fighter who hasn't been beaten 3 times & KOd twice.

Brook got buried in my opinion. Everytime he tried to mention Amirs chin, Khan was talking over him.

Johnny Nelson intervened & put it on a plate for Brook (intentionally to). When he said "what's Amir's weakness" It was all set up for Brook to rip him but he couldn't manage it. Nelson even told Khan to shut up so Brook could answer.

The boy needs some media training
I honestly couldn't give a **** how boxers talk, if they can walk the walk then that's all that matters.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #58
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,550
vCash: 86
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

Is there any youtube video of ringside anymore . Ringsideisback got shut down.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #59
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,481
vCash: 75
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

I think a lots being and is going to be made over this Ringside face to face, if thats what you want to call it

Khan i thought was as respectable as he can physically be, Brook was business like, he wanted no part of it, but had to be there

If were taking things from this piece of media, id say Brook looked more natural and sincere when answering the question "what happened in sparring" Khan began the American college boy act, laughing, smiling & joking, Brook simply said "you know what happened" or words to that effect, which did make me chuckle

I felt Brook was more reserved and mature on the whole but i do think both men done themselves little harm, Sky Sports probably wanted a lot more though, it definitely had the scope to get more heated
thewinfella is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #60
Bobdigi
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London
Posts: 795
vCash: 1013
Default Re: Khan & Kell Brook on Ringside.

hahahahahahahahahahah

brook said i'll make you do that dance again!!
Bobdigi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013