Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Baysangurov/Konecny - Saturday - good fight

Really looking forward to this one, seems certain to be a very good fight. I realise its in Ukraine and it might be hard for Konecny on the cards but I think he can win this fight. Both men are strong tough fighters and I hope there are pictures around for this one somewhere.
micky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: Baysangurov/Konecny - Saturday - good fight

Yep, good fight indeed...
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Awesome ****ing fight and i forget it was this weekend thank you.

Konecny was Dzinziruk's mandatory but Serhiy got injured in camp then stripped, then he was Baysangurov's mandatory but he got injured too so Konecny took a tune up and has been waiting for his title shot for over a year. I still don't understand why Baysangurov got the title without having to fight Konecny who was #1 when Dzinziruk got stripped.

Because of their styles this is a guarenteed exciting all action fight and long overdue for Lukas who is one of the most underrated fighters and best body punchers in the sport.

Konecny by TKO.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 10000

Very good fight this weekend. I think we'll see a phone booth type of fight with Lukas slowly breaking Baysangurov down.

Prediction: I think Lukas will win by TKO in the 7th or 8th round.
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
lllegion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Is Konecny that hard hitting and Baysangurov that chinny?
lllegion is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

I think the Czech is a bit better all-around.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllegion View Post
Is Konecny that hard hitting and Baysangurov that chinny?
Konecny doesn't have a ton of kayos, but he's most certainly heavy-handed and turns his shots over. Baysangurov in his last outing was down from a naturally lighter hitter who doesn't put the same emphasis on his punches that Konecny does.

Also bear in mind that Baysangurov's one career loss was getting brutally KTFO by K-9. Good fighters with solid resistance shouldn't be getting KTFO by K-9. (Cory Spinks doesn't count; he was shot to shit both times)
Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
hoopsman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Re-reading "Legacy of Ashes"-- Someone has to, right Wige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Konecny doesn't have a ton of kayos, but he's most certainly heavy-handed and turns his shots over. Baysangurov in his last outing was down from a naturally lighter hitter who doesn't put the same emphasis on his punches that Konecny does.

Also bear in mind that Baysangurov's one career loss was getting brutally KTFO by K-9. Good fighters with solid resistance shouldn't be getting KTFO by K-9. (Cory Spinks doesn't count; he was shot to shit both times)
How do you rate Konecny vs some of the more well known 154lbers out there? Is this kid world class? I've never seen him other than a few YouTube blurbs, and while many clowns on here believe that's sufficient to rate a fighter, I don't.

In other words, would Konecny be competitive against the brass of the division??
hoopsman is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsman View Post
How do you rate Konecny vs some of the more well known 154lbers out there? Is this kid world class? I've never seen him other than a few YouTube blurbs, and while many clowns on here believe that's sufficient to rate a fighter, I don't.

In other words, would Konecny be competitive against the brass of the division??
Well, JMW is a strange division in that you have on the one hand some of the sport's elite (Mayweather, Cotto, Canelo) and then some decent fighters (Trout, Molina, Lara) and then some absolute no-marks (K9, Baysangurov, current Spinks, current Cintron) in the championship mix (that is, either holding titles or high up in contention).

He can definitely hang with the no-marks. The top half a dozen or so most talented guys in the division beat him pretty easily, and the next half dozen are close to 50-50.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Well i disagree with IB. Canelo elite? Lara mediocre?

I would favor Lukas over guys like Martyrosyan, Kirkland, Angulo, Trout, Molina and would give him underdog status with a realistic chance against even Cotto, it would certainly be competitive. You could argue he won 7-5 against a prime 2008 Dzinziruk. No one in the division would beat him easily or have an easy fight against him.

Just because he is based out of the Czech Rep, doesn't have any promotional clout, and is ignored or unknown doesn't mean he isn't world class.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Read again, I never called Lara mediocre.

I called him decent, just below the elite, same tier as Molina, which seems pretty fair.

...and how isn't Canelo among the elite?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

I do agree that Konecny would be no easy out for any of those names. I wouldn't necessarily favor him over them all, maybe even money against most.

I would love to see him rough up Vanes. (and think there's an excellent chance he would)

Konecny vs. Angulo or Kirkland could be FOTY material. Trout or Molina, not so much. Both those guys would take one look at his style and set about pot-shotting and keeping him way the hell at a distance (or swallowed in a clinch)
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Read again, I never called Lara mediocre.

I called him decent, same tier as Molina, which seems pretty fair.

...and how isn't Canelo among the elite?
Yeah you can group him with Molina considering the result but i do think his talent level is clearly above most in that group and his near shutout win over Williams is better than anything Canelo has done. Canelo does look good but his hasn't done anything to put himself clearly above the rest at 154 to be considered a level above them.

Baysangurov would be the level of most those guys too. He beat a prime Rubio at his prime weight in only his 14th pro fight and that is arguably Chavez's best win along with Lee. K9 can punch and got him with a perfect temple shot that took his legs, he was up but just wobbly, shit happens and he's come back nicely.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 10-05-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I do agree that Konecny would be no easy out for any of those names. I wouldn't necessarily favor him over them all, maybe even money against most.

I would love to see him rough up Vanes. (and think there's an excellent chance he would)

Konecny vs. Angulo or Kirkland could be FOTY material. Trout or Molina, not so much. Both those guys would take one look at his style and set about pot-shotting and keeping him way the hell at a distance (or swallowed in a clinch)
Didn't see this post, ya i pretty much agree with everything here.

Konecny vs Angulo/Kirkland would be amazing and i agree with the stylistic matchup you described for Trout/Molina fight. I just think Lukas isn't inept on the inside the way someone like Kirkland is, if you're taking the Molina approach Konecny wants to be in close and even if you're trying to smother him his short hooks, uppercuts, bodyshots mean you're still going to get hit when trying doing that. I think he's well suited to foil those tactics.

So many fans love jmw but the majority act like there's some huge class differential between some of these guys especially the North American based fighters.

Even Cotto, he put up a great performance against Floyd in losing, yes, but he really hasn't done anything at jmw. Mayorga coming off a 3 year retirement had a competitive fight with him but guys like Canelo, Lara, Konecny won't be able to compete?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Didn't see this post, ya i pretty much agree with everything here.

Konecny vs Angulo/Kirkland would be amazing and i agree with the stylistic matchup you described for Trout/Molina fight. I just think Lukas isn't inept on the inside the way someone like Kirkland is, if you're taking the Molina approach Konecny wants to be in close and even if you're trying to smother him his short hooks, uppercuts, bodyshots mean you're still going to get hit when trying doing that. I think he's well suited to foil those tactics.

So many fans love jmw but the majority act like there's some huge class differential between some of these guys especially the North American based fighters.

Even Cotto, he put up a great performance against Floyd in losing, yes, but he really hasn't done anything at jmw. Mayorga coming off a 3 year retirement had a competitive fight with him but guys like Canelo, Lara, Konecny won't be able to compete?
If Cotto and Alvarez haven't done anything at JMW, lets take a look at Konecny. Pardon me while I take a look at Boxrec.

According to Boxrec, Konecny's best three wins are:

1. (220) Serge Vigny (who was at the time 22-15)
2. (162) Hussein Bayram
3. (155) Matthew Hall

For a 34 year old, this is not very impressive.

How about Canelo, age 22?

His last seven opponents have higher Boxrec rankings than Konecny's best ever win (Serge Vigny).

Kirkland has 4 wins over fighters with ratings above 220 plus Brian Vera and Ossie Duran.

Bundrage has 5 wins over fighters better than Konecny's best win (Serge Vigne).

Say what you will about Boxrec rankings, they are perfectly objective. And what they tell me is that Konecny is 34 years old and doesn't have any notable wins.

But Vysotsky thinks he should be fighting Cotto and has a good shot.

There you go again!
conraddobler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum