Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #46
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: 3 days till Crolla gets revenge for this terrible stoppage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
Crolla would have stopped Derry within the next 2 rounds, he was nackered, wincing after every body shot.

For me, you have to rip the belt from the champion. Not stop him on his feet with 3 seconds to go in the round with his head totally clear. THATS ROBBERY!

Honestly some people are full of shit!
No, you just have to beat him in line with the rules. The champion doesn't get special dispensation because he has a belt. Go read the rules of boxing before starting in with such biased crap.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #47
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: 3 days till Crolla gets revenge for this terrible stoppage

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Its amusing to hear posters on here saying things like "He was fine", "He wasn't even seeing stars", "His head was totally clear"....how the **** could you possibly know how he felt?
Because when you get hit by a hard shot, it snaps your head back and you temporarily lose control of your senses, meaning that you wobble unsteadily, your eyes roll back and you're unable at that moment to protect yourself by covering up as you're trying to gather your senses.

Crolla was moving back with his gloves up attempting to defend himself in an intelligent fashion and his legs seemed fine, he had been wobbled by a shot about a minute before that he seemed to have recovered from when the referee stopped it. He did nothing to suggest that he needed to be saved and demonstrated no body language which would make me think he was in particular trouble.

No one in the world but Crolla can truly know how he felt at the exact time of the stoppage but as we all watch a lot of fights I think we can express an opinion on whether he was hurt or not based on the evidence in front of us. And my opinion is that he should have been allowed to continue.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum