Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: What's the limit for Stefan Struve?
Potential champion 10 23.81%
Koscheck-like - top-level guy for years, loses his title shots 9 21.43%
Respectable gatekeeper for the division's elite 19 45.24%
Pretty much maxed out right now 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: What's the ceiling for Stefan Struve?

I don't really think his killer instinct can really be called into question. It is reflected in his 96% finish rate. He is always looking for the finish. So much so, that he gets sloppy and gets caught by superior strikers.

Most of the points you brought up are irrelevant in a discusion of killer instinct.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #32
kokoko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
potential champion ????? once again haggis comes up with a brutal thread

more than likely haggis voted potential champion too given the way he typed about him in the op

for mma's sake lets hope he doesnt ever become champion
Potential Champion is one of the options in the poll you dumb ****. Usually when you make polls, you make a wide range of choices and then let people pick accordingly.
kokoko is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
hold up you are changing your story once again, a typical haggis trait whilst getting owned, you said SS had the most aggressive killer instinct in the HW's i quoted it below just incase you forgot so dsont start changing your ****ing story bellend.
Do you even understand what the term "aggressive killer instinct" means? Because your response says that you have no ****ing clue.

It means that Struve is constantly going for the finish. On the feet, he is ALWAYS looking for the knockout. On the ground, he is CONSTANTLY looking for submissions. He is so aggressive that it often costs him, because he ignores his strengths in favour of getting into wild all-in brawls.

Quote:
you want reasons why SS is not the most aggressive with most killer instinct well this is why;

1. poor chin
2. lack of defence in striking
3. lack of use of his best asset - His range and reach
4. Poor striking
5. His opposition has been wank, he has fought 1 top 5 fighter and got taken out in a minute IIRC
6. he has lost to guys not even in the top 10, by strikes
7. for someone with loads of killer instinct it took him a long time to get his opposition out of there in the fights i saw of him
You want the reason why you have exposed yourself as a ****ing moron?

1) You don't even understand one of the most BASIC terms used in combat sports.

Quote:
you are licking this guys ass haggis
I asked a question about what others thought of him, retard. All I've said is that he is steadily improving, and is very aggressive and fan-friendly. That is all clear and undeniable, apparently to everyone except you.

Other than that, in this thread I have said about Struve:

* "Mediocre chin"
* Doesn't use his strengths very well
* Low cage IQ
* "Don't think he's top class"

Yeah, what an asslicker.

Quote:
and his oposition has been poor

JDS
AO
Cain
Bigfoot
Cormier
Carwin

all these guys have more killer instinct than struve you mong, there are plenty more too

even fat nelson knocked him out ffs
You just plain aren't very smart, are you. Twice in this thread you have gone off your nut at me because YOU, and you ALONE, completely misinterpreted a pretty basic concept that I laid out.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #34
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoko View Post
Potential Champion is one of the options in the poll you dumb ****. Usually when you make polls, you make a wide range of choices and then let people pick accordingly.
He really is thick as three day old pigshit, isn't he?

* Doesn't have a clue what the term "aggressive killer instinct" means. Somehow thinks that it means a combination of "how good are you" and "how good is your resume."

* Thinks he can mock me for simply ASKING if others think that Struve could potentially (as opposed to will inevitably - another distinction that he's too stupid to comprehend) become a champion. Tries to mock me for simply asking the question, even though more than 1/3rd of the voters call him a potential champion.

* Doesn't understand that Struve would be a very marketable, fan-friendly, popular beltholder based off his appearance, fighting style and outgoing personality. Apparently thinks that to even mention that is to crown Struve the destined king-in-waiting.

I mean, what do you say to guys like this? Well, you can say a lot I guess. Just make sure that it's all words of two syllables or less.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #35
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I don't really think his killer instinct can really be called into question. It is reflected in his 96% finish rate. He is always looking for the finish. So much so, that he gets sloppy and gets caught by superior strikers.

Most of the points you brought up are irrelevant in a discusion of killer instinct.
****ing thank you.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #36
dillinja

vCash:

I don;t think what he has to be a title winner, you never know but to me he will be more like a Koscheck level guy. He has good power, good attitude, nice subs but he just doesn't look to have the quality of guys like JDS, Cormier, Cain.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #37
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
I don;t think what he has to be a title winner, you never know but to me he will be more like a Koscheck level guy. He has good power, good attitude, nice subs but he just doesn't look to have the quality of guys like JDS, Cormier, Cain.
I think that's about right.

I reckon that he'll have a chance to beat any champion, but I don't see him ever being favoured over someone like JDS, a top-level striker. He'll get a shot or two at the gold before he's done though, I'm sure.

A wrestler is always in danger of making a mistake and getting submitted, because Struve will aggressively dive on any submission opportunity that is offered to him. But for the next couple/few years at least, it seems that guys like Cain and Overeem and Cormier will likely be too strong for lanky Struve with his somewhat shaky chin.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #38
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
JDS is a beast, but he won't be champion forever. UFC don't give a ****, and he will be worn out.

The UFC is brutal... no easy fights!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #39
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post

bollox

how can you have great killer instinct and get knocked out by superior strikers, he is missing one of the most important aspects of having killer instinct, which is good striking, sure i saw a drunk guy the other night throwing haymakers at another dude i suppose you and haggis think he has top notch killer instinct too

just because he has a 96% finish rate does not mean he has good killer instinct, someone like vitor belfort has good killer instinct stefan struve does not
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #40
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Do you even understand what the term "aggressive killer instinct" means? Because your response says that you have no ****ing clue.

It means that Struve is constantly going for the finish. On the feet, he is ALWAYS looking for the knockout. On the ground, he is CONSTANTLY looking for submissions. He is so aggressive that it often costs him, because he ignores his strengths in favour of getting into wild all-in brawls.

You want the reason why you have exposed yourself as a ****ing moron?

1) You don't even understand one of the most BASIC terms used in combat sports.

I asked a question about what others thought of him, retard. All I've said is that he is steadily improving, and is very aggressive and fan-friendly. That is all clear and undeniable, apparently to everyone except you.

Other than that, in this thread I have said about Struve:

* "Mediocre chin"
* Doesn't use his strengths very well
* Low cage IQ
* "Don't think he's top class"

Yeah, what an asslicker.

You just plain aren't very smart, are you. Twice in this thread you have gone off your nut at me because YOU, and you ALONE, completely misinterpreted a pretty basic concept that I laid out.

nice post shame i didnt read it, *****hole
Old 10-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #41
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoko View Post
no shit numb nuts, that was my point it shouldnt of been there in the first place
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #42
dillinja

vCash:

Quote:
bollox

how can you have great killer instinct and get knocked out by superior strikers, he is missing one of the most important aspects of having killer instinct, which is good striking, sure i saw a drunk guy the other night throwing haymakers at another dude i suppose you and haggis think he has top notch killer instinct too

just because he has a 96% finish rate does not mean he has good killer instinct, someone like vitor belfort has good killer instinct stefan struve does not
Killer instinct doesn't mean you are amazing at striking it means you go for the kill when you have the chance and can finish when that happens.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #43
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinja View Post
Killer instinct doesn't mean you are amazing at striking it means you go for the kill when you have the chance and can finish when that happens.
This.

SS, everyone else isn't wrong, you are just confused.

Also, great striking isn't the cornerstone of killer instinct. We are discussing MMA, where grappling and submissions are a thing. Struve, when on the ground, is constantly looking for the finish. There is rarely a moment in a fight where Struve isn't looking for the finish, be it on the feet, on or the ground.

Basically killer instinct, I would say, is ability to finish, willingness to put yourself in a potentially bad position to get the finish, and always looking to capitalize when you have your opponent hurt.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #44
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Big Foot is a natural next fight for Struve IMO, unless Markuu Huntuu is recovered.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Naa i think BigFoot would absolutely man handle Struve, i like Werdum for Struve, he's called Werdum out, and i think Struve has every chance of beating him
thewinfella is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum