Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122
Default Re: Did winning the WBA title come to early in Khan's rehabilitation period under Roa

Kotelnik was tailormade for Khan stylistically & they could afford to bring him over to the UK. Had team Khan not taken the opportunity there & then Amir mightve had to face a tougher opponent away from home.

It wasnt until after the Maidana fight that Khan began to believe the hype about him being elite.
DrMo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #17
madg321
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 642
Default Re: Did winning the WBA title come to early in Khan's rehabilitation period under Roa

Big no

Khan is a celeb not a fighter

Stupid cunt spends to much time on tv

Takes punches to prove he isnt chinny lol which he is

Always talking shit.. calling people.out

And dont get me started on the lip balm for **** sake.... any other fighter got there own branded lip balm

Should put some.on his chin
madg321 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #18
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Nope...

He has had success in the States, something that very few British fighters have done.

Winning the WBA belt gave him the opportunities to branch out, and lift himself into the upper stratosphere of boxing.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #19
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

No

Khan subsequently went on to prove his worth as a world champion with wins over top opposition, and was momentarily ranked as the #1 JrWW in the world, in the company of Alexander, Bradley & Lamont Peterson
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #20
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

I don't think so. In this era people are still having "learning" fights while world champion fairly regularily. I doubt switching trainers yet again is going to help him though. He's old enough and experienced enough by now he should have learned how to defend himself, and if one of the most celebrated trainers currently going can't help you no one can.
Larryboys is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
Something happened after the Maidana fight which changed Khan and Roach's approach to the fights i feel both started to focus too much on attacking and trying to KO, Khan might be hitting hard in sparing when he close to 150 but on fightnights after weighing the day before at 140 Khan dont really have real KO power in his punches which then should send him on the path of slowly breaking down oppoents and winning on points, yet i feel trying to blast out Peterson and Garcia in the first 2 rounds shows lack of respect and professional approach to a World title fight.

Khan and Roach should know Khan's good areas and bad ones Khan is not a power puncher in short Khan is not Manny, what Khan is a very fast high workrate fighter which can win him rounds, when Khan hits and moves he is near outpointable in a rounds to due his workrate movement and handspeed it is simple yet very effective so why **** with a winning style???

Only can answer with sucess got to Khan and Roach's heads.

Answer the thread question no i think winning the title was a good thing and Khan was going the right way after the first World title maybe to well and they got too big headed, hope that Garcia loss puts Khan's head back to reality.

Focus Focus Focus one punch can change a fight...
Too much blame is being put on Roach, i still dont believe Roach is niave enough to send Amir out looking for the KO, however i plenty believe that Khan is niave enough to think of himself as some kind of Pacquiao 2.0.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthead View Post
Did the gameplan need to evolve? If Khan had boxed against Peterson and Garcia like he did against Kotelnik and Malignaggi would he have lost?
Kotelnik and Malignaggi are/were feather fisted outfighters. That's why Khan could stay on the outside and use his speed to get his punches off first. Peterson caused Khan a lot of problems by cutting the distance off.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
Too much blame is being put on Roach, i still dont believe Roach is niave enough to send Amir out looking for the KO, however i plenty believe that Khan is niave enough to think of himself as some kind of Pacquiao 2.0.
lol. i can see that too, hes like a child... hes a silly little child in a mans game cant wait till he gets ****ed up again tbh
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum