Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Exclamation Irish olympic silver medalist Nevin set to sign with super fight promotions!

Khans first marquee fighter imo.

Olympic silver medallist boxer John Joe Nevin is to make an announcement about his future on RTÉ television later tonight.
It is expected that Nevin will turn professional and join the Amir Khan stable.
“Hi everyone tune into rte Saturday night for the Saturday night show where I'm announcing my decision thanks for all the support everyone,” he tweeted.
Last month Nevin told RTÉ: “My next aim now is to be a world champion professional”

Hi everyone tune into rte Saturday night for the Saturday night show where I'm announcing my decision thanks for all the support everyone
— John Joe Nevin(@johnJoeNevin) October 4, 2012
iron_chin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Lil Niall
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Irish olympic silver medalist Nevin set to sign with super fight promotions!

Looking forward to John Joe turning pro but think to team with Khan is madness.

Fine fighting on Khan undercards but that wont keep him active enough & unless Golden Boy let him on their cards it hard to see how he'll stay active.
Lil Niall is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Irish olympic silver medalist Nevin set to sign with super fight promotions!

And before the hate ensues let me get a word in. Team khan including vali have done a great job with khan. The only thing they probably messed up on was rushing into fights abit too early and looking ahead sometimes. That is just credit to them though for fighting the best.they could have went the kell brook route and still been contenders at 26 filling out the men but they chose a tougher route. Your bound to lose when your consistantly fughting the top guys unless your a really special talent. They have made khan millions and a household name, nit bad for a bunch of former scrap dealers abd taxi drivers. Anyway hopefully thay can prodyce som healthy competition for the ither promoters and bring there guys on well. Cue the hate.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Niall View Post
Looking forward to John Joe turning pro but think to team with Khan is madness.

Fine fighting on Khan undercards but that wont keep him active enough & unless Golden Boy let him on their cards it hard to see how he'll stay active.
Khan is starting with small shows mainly in the north west. First one in january.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Lil Niall
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Those small shows will be precisely that-no tv, small crowds. Gonna be hard for a young fighter to build a name bar the appearance on televised cards.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Why would he do that? No TV deal in place or anything.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tv will come eventually imo. Goodwin does small hall shows with no real names and he just signed a deal. Same with fearon. Dint get me wrong if sky is your only goal then matchroom is the obvious choice. But its not like there getting there new sugnings air time right now. There gonna have to be in a meaningfull fight either way before sky bother with them. By tge time nevin is due for a meningfull fight sfp could have a tv deal?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Lil Niall
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think Peter & a deal with Irish tv would have been ideal. Go along as Dunne did a few years ago,eventually getting The O2 rocking.

I feel RTE, despite all their talk at the Olympics, just arent gonna put money into boxing.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who is peter? Also omi remember mccloskey and rigo fights on rte so you nevrmer know.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
Lil Niall
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Peters, Brian Peters. Still manages a few fighter-including Macklin I think but no longer supporting since RTE pulled out.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
And before the hate ensues let me get a word in. Team khan including vali have done a great job with khan. The only thing they probably messed up on was rushing into fights abit too early and looking ahead sometimes. That is just credit to them though for fighting the best.they could have went the kell brook route and still been contenders at 26 filling out the men but they chose a tougher route. Your bound to lose when your consistantly fughting the top guys unless your a really special talent. They have made khan millions and a household name, nit bad for a bunch of former scrap dealers abd taxi drivers. Anyway hopefully thay can prodyce som healthy competition for the ither promoters and bring there guys on well. Cue the hate.
You missing a couple of letters on your keyboard?
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
McGuinty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wouldn't.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
You missing a couple of letters on your keyboard?
No, he's just retarded.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Good signing, I like what Nevin showed in the Olympics i do feel he changed tact slightly against Campbell and that cost him. Seemed to approach the fight with a cautiousness he didn't show at any other time of competition.

Not feeling the name of the promotional company.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ye mate, i brought my keyboard of laz's dad.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum