Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: If you were Joe Calzaghe will you come out of retirement to fight Ward
Yes 78 19.40%
no 324 80.60%
Voters: 402. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #91
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Keep dreaming minion. HEADBANGER isn't even banned, the last I heard he was on holiday in the Maldives.

I have been busy with other things to be online constantly, because, unlike you, I am not a soap-dodging scruffy jobless layabout.

Now hush with your insolent nonsense you illiterate pea-brained berk or I shall be forced to viciously flog you off the forum.
Headbander is gone, finished. Team Elite is you and BARNEY and you are slowly fading away. I dont need a cumputer to oust you. I cunduct my duties from my phone. Obviously you still have an old analogue button press. Hahaha
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #92
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496
Default Re: If YOU were Joe Calzaghe, would you come out of retirement to fight Andre Ward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Headbander is gone, finished. Team Elite is you and BARNEY and you are slowly fading away. I dont need a cumputer to oust you. I cunduct my duties from my phone. Obviously you still have an old analogue button press. Hahaha
Oh dear, looks like those countless floggings have turned dinovulva delusional.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #93
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Doesnt look quite the way you want it to here below

Still nobody can counter this
Can any Ward fans answer the question below?

Calzaghe beat 3 undefeated fighters who had or went on to claim a SMW title.
Questions to the Ward fans and please dont duck the questions below

1. Someone tell me which top undefeated fighters Ward has beaten?
2. Tell me which top undefeated world champs Ward has fought?

Lets read the answers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Try and debate against this

Andre Ward............VS.............Joe Calzaghe
Froch.....................................Kessler (Kessler the better win) (Kessler beat Froch)
Kessler...................................Eubank (Eubank the better win)
Dawson..................................Lacy (Lacy a proven SMW and winner of 5 SMW title fights. Dawson no pedigree at all at SMW) (Lacy the better win)
Abraham.................................Mitchell (Mitchell a 2 time SMW champ who had never been clearly beaten, only lost by debateable SD in Germany to Ottke, had KOd long time SMW champ Liles, beaten a future SMW champ twice, compared to AA who had done nothing at SMW) (Mitchell better win)
Bika.......................................Brewer (Bikas best win became Manfredo, Brewer had beaten H Graham and was a SMW champ) (Brewer the better win) (Bika was a Calzaghe left over at that time and had been out of the ring bar less than a round for a while)
Green.....................................Woodhall (Woodhall a SMW champ, who had beaten a reigning SMW champ, a world rated former champ, a future SMW champ and Branco a world rated SMW who became WBA LHW champ, who at SMW beat R Reid and G Johnson who when old and shot KOd Green) (Woodhall a better win)
Miranda...................................Bika (Bika now a top 5 SMW had drawn with 3 time SMW champ Beyer) (Bika a better win)
Buchanan (?????)......................Sheika (Sheika a better win) (Sheika was coming off a win over G Johnson and was a top 10 SMW at the time)
Camou (?????)..........................Veit (Veit a SMW title holder who had a fair resume, better than at least 2 of the current top 5 SMWs) (Veit a better win)Then include the Reid win and then the other top 10 SMWs and its clear Calzaghe is well ahead. I could have put Mkertchyan ahead of Green, Camou, Miranda, Buchanon

Very clear but nobody will have a sensible answer to say otherwise, it will just be a lame Faileys losing it answer when they cant debate against

Somebody tell me how Ward has done more than that.

Nobody can counter the above or answer the questions. In fact they hide from the questions

if you are delusional enough to think guys like Veit are superduper champion opponents then thats your hat to wear. but dont force it onto others. You have been told that Veit is a middling contender time and tmie again, yet you still persist with failed cut and paste posts from yesteryear.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #94
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
if you are delusional enough to think guys like Veit are superduper champion opponents then thats your hat to wear. but dont force it onto others. You have been told that Veit is a middling contender time and tmie again, yet you still persist with failed cut and paste posts from yesteryear.
general zod is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #95
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Oh dear, looks like those countless floggings have turned dinovulva delusional.
Can you imagine ESB without team elite??

Would be a free for all for hating trolls, with no one here to expose them and their entire family as toothless Hillbillies..
Mind Reader is online now  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #96
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

He's 40 years old and only he knows if he still has the reflexes and physical ability of old. I'm sure if he felt he could get a belt again he would come back, the fact he hasn't indicates to me he doesn't have that ability or will any more. Any active version of Joe beats Ward comfortably imo.
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #97
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I voted yes, but in fairness I'm not a ***** so it's different.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #98
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ward ****s him up now...prime, or 50 years for now. Ward is simply the better fighter, obviously.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #99
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Its bailey going full retard again. Its nothing new. Calzaghe was a champion for a couple years and had a couple good wins. He isn't in the same league as Ward.
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #100
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertV77 View Post
Its bailey going full retard again. Its nothing new. Calzaghe was a champion for a couple years and had a couple good wins. He isn't in the same league as Ward.
So who has Ward beaten to show how much better he is ? Oh his best win is a fighter that old shot Calzaghe took the 0 of
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #101
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So who has Ward beaten to show how much better he is ? Oh his best win is a fighter that old shot Calzaghe took the 0 of
who is unfortunately the onlyreally good prime fighter that Calzaghe really beat. I said this earlier.

You are going in circles Bailey, so I expect you will mention it again on the next page.

Last edited by HerolGee; 10-07-2012 at 02:27 PM.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #102
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

No. There are so many stories of fighters coming back when they were past prime or shot and then getting hurt or suffering permanent injury. Calzaghe is around 40, has all his marbles and is rich. He should enjoy his retirement. I applaud when fighters get out of the game with their health intact.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #103
gerry m

hypothetical question i know as the fight obviously would never happen or happened as Calzaghe would never have come to America to fight Ward as Ward would never come out of America to fight Calzaghe
gerry m is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #104
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 84

Quote:
who is unfortunately the onlyreally good prime fighter that Calzaghe really beat. I said this earlier.

You are going in circles Bailey, so I expect you will mention it again on the next page.
Which is completely rubbish as Lacy was prime and had a far better SMW resume than over half of the current top 10.
Reid was prime and had a higher rating than Calzaghe by some
Woodhall was still world class and prime
Mitchell was a 2 time SMW world champ and had only lost to Ottke by disputed SD and was prime
To name a few. In fact Mitchell had arguably a better SMW resume than Froch as did arguably Woodhall.
Also Eubank was still far from removed and 3 years younger than Froch who Ward was fighting and lets not forget Froch was coming off a Mdec over a 43 year old SMW journeyman
bailey is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #105
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
Which is completely rubbish as Lacy was prime and had a far better SMW resume than over half of the current top 10.
Reid was prime and had a higher rating than Calzaghe by some
Woodhall was still world class and prime
Mitchell was a 2 time SMW world champ and had only lost to Ottke by disputed SD and was prime
To name a few. In fact Mitchell had arguably a better SMW resume than Froch as did arguably Woodhall.
Also Eubank was still far from removed and 3 years younger than Froch who Ward was fighting and lets not forget Froch was coming off a Mdec over a 43 year old SMW journeyman

What chance would you give Joe against Ward if he were to come out of retirement?
Mind Reader is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum