Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #61
Midwest_Chopper
Shalom
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
Froch is a Kessler leftover since Kessler took his 0.there aren't any Warddke leftovers since Sven Warddke doesn't fight undefeated fighters.you could say Warddke is a Boone leftover however.
Bute wasnt undefeated, he got knocked by Andrade.

Wobbled every time Froch touched him like the club fighter he is.
Midwest_Chopper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #62
Jabber
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_Chopper View Post
Bute wasnt undefeated, he got knocked by Andrade.

Wobbled every time Froch touched him like the club fighter he is.
true,he was dancing like he was in the 80's,i thought i've seen him do the robot at least a couple of times
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #63
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Horsens, Denmark
Posts: 3,775
vCash: 4021
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian Bute View Post
Not a fan of boxing then.
So you're only a fan of boxing if you hate Ward?
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #64
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,850
vCash: 355
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
No he doesn't. Ward or Froch have better resume's
How do you think Froch and Ward have better SMW resumes than Kessler?

Kessler beat Siaca the WBA champ
Mundine the former WBA SMW champ and future WBA SMW champ
Beyer the 3 time WBC SMW champ
Sartison who became WBA regular SMW champ (undefeated)
Froch the WBC SMW champ (undefeated)
Andrade undefeated
Lucas the former WBC SMW champ
LOST to Ward but has done so much more in the division

Now Froch beat
Pascal the unrated did nothing at SMW
Taylor who was 1-2 in his last 3 fights and did nothing at SMW
Direll who has done very little at SMW
Abraham coming in off a loss who had done nothing at SMW
Johnson who had more losses than wins at SMW and hadnt beaten any SMW of note
Bute, Frochs best win and a good win but many felt Bute looked lucky to Andrade who Kessler beat when undefeated
LOST to Kessler
LOST to Ward

Ward
best win Kessler when unwell and suffering double vision and Wards best win
Froch who was just coming off a Mdec over an old 43 year old SMW journeyman and who Kessler had already beaten
Dawson who has no SMW pedigree at all and whos best win was a 47 year old in a different division not SMW
Bika
Green


Remember that Froch became a 2 time champ because Kessler relinquished his title.
I think Kessler has the best SMW resume taking Frochs 0, Beyer when champ, Mundine in between reigns, Siaca when champ, Sartison who became champ
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #65
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Dumb discussion.

Two of my favorite fighters.

I like both.. but I would bet on Kessler if they met and certainly prime for prime Kessler must be heavily favored.

But Bute is still and excellent fighter.. and this is a dumb discussion.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #66
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
How do you think Froch and Ward have better SMW resumes than Kessler?

Kessler beat Siaca the WBA champ
Mundine the former WBA SMW champ and future WBA SMW champ
Beyer the 3 time WBC SMW champ
Sartison who became WBA regular SMW champ (undefeated)
Froch the WBC SMW champ (undefeated)
Andrade undefeated
Lucas the former WBC SMW champ
LOST to Ward but has done so much more in the division

Now Froch beat
Pascal the unrated did nothing at SMW
Taylor who was 1-2 in his last 3 fights and did nothing at SMW
Direll who has done very little at SMW
Abraham coming in off a loss who had done nothing at SMW
Johnson who had more losses than wins at SMW and hadnt beaten any SMW of note
Bute, Frochs best win and a good win but many felt Bute looked lucky to Andrade who Kessler beat when undefeated
LOST to Kessler
LOST to Ward

Ward
best win Kessler when unwell and suffering double vision and Wards best win
Froch who was just coming off a Mdec over an old 43 year old SMW journeyman and who Kessler had already beaten
Dawson who has no SMW pedigree at all and whos best win was a 47 year old in a different division not SMW
Bika
Green


Remember that Froch became a 2 time champ because Kessler relinquished his title.
I think Kessler has the best SMW resume taking Frochs 0, Beyer when champ, Mundine in between reigns, Siaca when champ, Sartison who became champ
Resumewise the three are close for me... with Kessler and Froch a bit ahead so far. Mainly because Ward's resume lags depth... but it has quality.

But Ward is currently the best and in a year or two will probably have overtaken the combined resume of both.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #67
Elvizzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

It all depends on what you rate. Kessler has surely beaten the most proven SMW fighters of the three.
Elvizzz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #68
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,078
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bute lovers trashing Kessler's resume....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvizzz View Post
It all depends on what you rate. Kessler has surely beaten the most proven SMW fighters of the three.
Well, since Kessler is the most proven..... Ward has beaten the most proven
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013