Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: All Aboard the Official "Let's Send Primadonna Kool to the Echo Arena" Express!

Fair enough, PK.

What are you studying? Have you ever thought of going into politics?
bruthead is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: All Aboard the Official "Let's Send Primadonna Kool to the Echo Arena" Express!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthead View Post
Fair enough, PK.

What are you studying? Have you ever thought of going into politics?
Not really that much, slightly...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H6vazOz018[/ame]

I should of went back to Uni this man, but i applied very late and was put through straight into clearing, it was a impulse decision from myself. I applied to do a degree is sports psychology, there was only 30 places on my course. Unfortunately i did not gain a place this year in a course i thought would be beneficial for me "Had afew offers for nonsense courses", i thought about walking away..? But that NEGU spirit was reignited inside of me, and i saw it as a challenge. I will apply for Uni early this year, and i am also doing a higher diploma in sport "Access" at the moment, just to make it ****ing crystal clear to these academic bureaucrats, that i am back. I have just over 200 UCAS points from many years ago, which is probably enough to get a offer from most Universities, well it was my first time around in Uni but..? I cannot take that risk anymore. I have been blazing the work so far, doing assignments in 1 day. If i had this motivation, energy and drive when i went to UNI first time around i would of already gotten my degree.

Society does not paint a true picture of all the great intelligent minds, i know people with degree's who are not as intelligent as myself, . The true renegade rebels like myself, the right minded creative aspiring thinkers always fall in today's society, but we get back up!

I have never really be bothered with my academics, i think i am pretty much intelligent at almost every single subject accept maths pisses me off abit, who knows..? the left side of my brain may have evolved. I am a right minded thinker, and the academic system does not reward folk's like myself, it beats us down.

But once we are truly motivated, and begin to lateral think..? It's game over, for everybody.

I will probably go back next year and ether do a degree, in Sport Science, Sport Psychology, Sports Marketing.

And just blaze the way like Audley Harrison........
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

You would make a sports coach if you could be patient with sportsmen who aren't as quick as you to absorb new concepts.

Feel the same about academia as you. Believed in it until I got to Cambridge but found the grades I got bore no resemblance to how much work I put in. Did no work. Got a 2:1. Standard.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #34
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You would make a sports coach if you could be patient with sportsmen who aren't as quick as you to absorb new concepts.

Feel the same about academia as you. Believed in it until I got to Cambridge but found the grades I got bore no resemblance to how much work I put in. Did no work. Got a 2:1. Standard.
Not so much interested in being a coach, at the moment. Maybe in years to come, i might have the appetite and drive for that. I am selective, at what motivates me, at any given time.

What did you study..? And what have you went on to do with your degree..?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #35
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post

What did you study..? And what have you went on to do with your degree..?
I spent 4 years at Cambridge doing Politics, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology and Management Studies. Started a Masters in Film at UCL but quit after the first term.

Did some boxing writing for Yahoo!-Eurosport and might try and get an article done for them this week about the Harrison story. Also got on Sky News and Channel 5 to chat boxing which highlighted my need for plastic surgery. The cameras' gaze is cruel.

I've recently written two screenplays, one is a boxing film (watch out for James L. Maxim!), one is a romantic comedy, and now I'm working on an avantgarde novel. Haven't sent anything out to publishers/studios yet. (I'm 24 so no rush.)

Last edited by bruthead; 10-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #36
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I don't want to go to the fight, and i don't want my posting rights back.

Good Thread though man...

I would only ever go to a fight, if i was given ring side seats! on the first row closest to the ring. Otherwise..? The best seat in the house is your own house, better view/angles and you are in comfortable surroundings, plus i never ever pay much attention to undercard fights. I have been afew boxing shows, and they have been some of the most uncomfortable boring nights in my entire life.

Even the people i have been with are not really boxing fans, and the conversations in general irritate me. You have got boxing fans, and then you have the casual people that just want to go to a boxing event or any sporting event for a night out..? Social opportunist, these are the people who David Haye manipulates, these are the people who any promoter manipulates. I know people who bought tickets for the athletics during the Olympics, are they more educated and passionate than me..? No they are just social opportunist.

I was freezing in the Liverpool Olympia, i was on a VIP table close to the ring! But the whole place knocked me sick the other spectators etc, the whole complex needs cleaning and revamped. The Liverpool Olympia was a disgusting experience, fair-play to its history.

But it needs cleaning, and work done to it.

I can see where you are coming from to an extent PK my good man, travelling to the Braehead & fighting with hundreds of other fans just to get a cab back home cos there was no public transport, an expensive nightmare compared to sitting at home chilling with a glass of whatever you like drinking, & a plate of whatever you like eating! I often questioned my own sanity paying to go to a boxing show when I could sit at home on my armchair with nothing but a big pair of white underpants on, Bernard Manning style.

HOWEVER

as a boxing fan, a trip to the boxing can be so much more, if you are willing to take risks. Me & my pals often would make a point at the braehead of sneaking a wee bevvy in, sneaking down to higher paid seating & then you are amongst all your favourite pundits, fighters etc. Then its grab a photo time with them, & then a simple ticket becomes a great wee night out, as you meet all the guys you discuss on this very forum...

To me? The actual boxing is only half the fun. The other half, getting to meet and mix with the big hitters in the sport I love? Can be well worth the ticket money.
Put it this way, in football, you go to the game, cheer on your heroes & have next to no chance of meeting any cunt.

Go to the boxing? & not only can you enjoy the fights & see the blood & sweat spray, you can also grab a moment & a pic with fighters and pundits, but they actually give you the time of day too, & it can be a memorable night for life for under a hundred quid!

I have met many boxers and got a pic, only met one pundit though, Steve Bunce. To me? going to the boxing is about more than the fights.

Just my take on things!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Of course, if PK went to the Echo Arena supporting Aud...and Aud did something...PK may get targeted by those charming young local men.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #38
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I spent 4 years at Cambridge doing Politics, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology and Management Studies. Started a Masters in Film at UCL but quit after the first term.

Did some boxing writing for Yahoo!-Eurosport and might try and get an article done for them this week about the Harrison story. Also got on Sky News and Channel 5 to chat boxing which highlighted my need for plastic surgery. The cameras' gaze is cruel.

I've recently written two screenplays, one is a boxing film, one is a romantic comedy, and now I'm working on an avantgarde novel. Haven't sent anything out to publishers/studios yet. (I'm 24 so no rush.)
Thats impressive, very impressive!

So you are into writing books aswell..? decent that.

Very interesting.....

"I will climb to the top aswell, make no doubt about it!"
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 AM   #39
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Thats impressive, very impressive!

So you are into writing books aswell..? decent that.

Very interesting.....

"I will climb to the top aswell, make no doubt about it!"
I think that's right. Politics is a good arena for you because you came up the hard way and that gives you a story to tell to the voters. Guys like me who went to private school, Oxbridge etc. etc. are ten a penny and we are representative of a flawed, elitist system.

The downside of politics is that it is as brutal an arena as they come, and yet you cannot ever complain about the brutality, nor can you take your opponents criticisms' personally.

Enoch Powell:

"All political lives, unless they are cut off in midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure, because that is the nature of politics and of human affairs."

N.B. Quoting Enoch Powell does not make me a racist!

N.B. 2 The nineteenth-century Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli was Jewish and from relatively humble roots. He wrote romantic novels, most famously Sybil: A Tale of Two Nations, to make money and support his lifestyle.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #40
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

Sent you a PM PK.
bruthead is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum