Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
bowerboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 340
vCash: 1428
Default Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Ever since that farce between Danny Green and Paul Briggs how can anyone honestly take Australian boxing seriously?

If it wasnt already crystal clear then surely that should of put the nail in the coffin but apparently not.

Actually its not the boxing so much as the boxing "fans" down there that give credence to guys like Danny Green and Anthony Mundine when most of them have never heard of real Australian fighters like Michael Katsidis and Vic Darchinyan who are both truly exciting and legitimate fighters.

C'mon Australia, wake up and stop allowing Mundine and Green to spit in your faces and make fools of you.
bowerboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
vCash: 2524
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

The number of "fans" is not growing, the number of punters with disposable income is growing. A couple of cunning promoters have done very well to attract "new fans" to the wrong blokes under the banner of big time boxing.
These punters develop strong allegiances to their favourite and bag the shit out of the sport when these Briggs dramas happen.

IF, I don't know how, but if you could get these fighters you speak of in front of these punters before the Green-Mundine shows disappear then I think that they would get real followers. Real followers who are seeing real contests aren't so fickle and the sport would actually grow.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Anthony Mundine keeps boxing in Australia alive.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 1394
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Noob, i think this is a classic case of branding a group of people by the actions of a few. Just because 20a87 and prettyboy are blowing Mundine's trumpet on this forum doesnt mean we all buy the bullshit. To be honest i personally dont know anyone in person anymore who is still a Mundine or Green fan. I'm beginning to think these stooges on this forum are just clever marketing.... (keeping names in headlines...)
Hmmm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
like a boss
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerboy View Post
Ever since that farce between Danny Green and Paul Briggs how can anyone honestly take Australian boxing seriously?

If it wasnt already crystal clear then surely that should of put the nail in the coffin but apparently not.

Actually its not the boxing so much as the boxing "fans" down there that give credence to guys like Danny Green and Anthony Mundine when most of them have never heard of real Australian fighters like Michael Katsidis and Vic Darchinyan who are both truly exciting and legitimate fighters.

C'mon Australia, wake up and stop allowing Mundine and Green to spit in your faces and make fools of you.
Add Geale to your real list
like a boss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
Noob, i think this is a classic case of branding a group of people by the actions of a few. Just because 20a87 and prettyboy are blowing Mundine's trumpet on this forum doesnt mean we all buy the bullshit. To be honest i personally dont know anyone in person anymore who is still a Mundine or Green fan. I'm beginning to think these stooges on this forum are just clever marketing.... (keeping names in headlines...)
Mundine is the Australian ppv king!

I highly doubt arguing with the 20/25 regular know nothings on this forum would constitute a "clever marketing plan" or affect headlines.

Like it or not, Mundine is Australian boxing, whatever you think of him it is the truth.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 925
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Anthony Mundine keeps boxing in Australia alive.
maybe a few yrs ago, but doesnt fight often enough anymore or against top 10 oppenents
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,986
vCash: 210
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Mundine is the Australian ppv king!

I highly doubt arguing with the 20/25 regular know nothings on this forum would constitute a "clever marketing plan" or affect headlines.

Like it or not, Mundine is Australian boxing, whatever you think of him it is the truth.

Arent you some gay French photographer? How the **** would you have any clue about who does what in Australian boxing?

Apart from the clowns on this forum nobody talks about Mundine anymore. Most people dont even know hes still fighting.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 75
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
Arent you some gay French photographer? How the **** would you have any clue about who does what in Australian boxing?

Apart from the clowns on this forum nobody talks about Mundine anymore. Most people dont even know hes still fighting.
I wish you right mate but his PPV's still double Daniel Geales unfortunately.
Green and his dodgy fights probably sell good too. Mundine still averages 7000 PPV's.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerboy View Post
Ever since that farce between Danny Green and Paul Briggs how can anyone honestly take Australian boxing seriously?

If it wasnt already crystal clear then surely that should of put the nail in the coffin but apparently not.

Actually its not the boxing so much as the boxing "fans" down there that give credence to guys like Danny Green and Anthony Mundine when most of them have never heard of real Australian fighters like Michael Katsidis and Vic Darchinyan who are both truly exciting and legitimate fighters.

C'mon Australia, wake up and stop allowing Mundine and Green to spit in your faces and make fools of you.
how the **** would u know?

all dribble.

u may have forgot who u r suppose to be. did u expose yourself, lol?
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #11
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Hey Bower its such a disgrace that you failed to mention our current two belt holder in Daniel Geale.........now that's a disgrace.........but you are right about the two wannabes & all the attention they receive.......that is just being marketed the right way I suppose.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
Nigelbro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 296
vCash: 2524
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

In fairness, there have been some excellent fights on the under cards of these circus acts.
Peter Cronje v Oscar Siale was an absolute war, basically put Cronje into retirement and he WON.
However, unless you were there or bought the ppv, you would have to be a fan to even know it took place.

Following day headlines/socialmedia screaming:Green beats potato sack.
That's not a true reflection of the night but its how the circus keeps pumping it out.
Nigelbro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #13
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
maybe a few yrs ago, but doesnt fight often enough anymore or against top 10 oppenents
When he fights though, it's an event that stops the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
Arent you some gay French photographer? How the **** would you have any clue about who does what in Australian boxing?

Apart from the clowns on this forum nobody talks about Mundine anymore. Most people dont even know hes still fighting.
Sure brah, if you want to believe that then you do that.

Eveyone talks about Mundine, he's in the papers every week brah.

Give your sandy vagina a rinse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
I wish you right mate but his PPV's still double Daniel Geales unfortunately.
Green and his dodgy fights probably sell good too. Mundine still averages 7000 PPV's.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 75
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
When he fights though, it's an event that stops the nation.



Sure brah, if you want to believe that then you do that.

Eveyone talks about Mundine, he's in the papers every week brah.

Give your sandy vagina a rinse.




He may sell more PPV's and have more money but he has zero cred O/S mate. The Brits pronounce his name Moondeen while the Yanks on the McKart fight pronounced his name Moondine with the dine part saying it like dine as in '' I think we will dine out tonight''. At least you guys get the last part right.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #15
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 226
vCash: 86
Default Re: Australian Boxing A Disgrace

**** Australian boxing, it's been asleep for years, the real world class talent we've got in this country are Muay Thai fighters and more than likely the young up n comers, giving it their all to the MMA style nowadays, the ones we haven't heard of yet..
I'll look back one day and be proud to have seen Australian warriors, the likes of Corbett or Wayne Parr live in world title fights to tell my great grandkids about one day, rather than THE Green and Mundine Media Machine and all of those meaningless fights that they charge $49.99 too view.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013