Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 118
Default Re: Has Andre Ward ever been knockdown?

Calzaghe has a great chin, and even greater recovery skills. Calzaghe>>>>> Ward.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
no offence pal but i'm not gonna spend the next hour of my life re-watching a boring scrappy fight just to put a scorecard up for a person i've never met in my life.

I'll be honest, the fight was very close, tight either way, a good case for it being scored a draw imo. I scored it to Bika at the time by a round but the official scorecards were an absolute disgrace, an insult to the intelligence of fight fans in favour of the hometown fighter.
Fair enough, it just seems that no one can ever answer that question. You would think that if people where so clear that it was a robbery, they'd be a little more sure of what rounds went to who. It doesn't seem like you think it's a waste of time to come on a boxing forum and discredit Ward.

The scorecards were wide. We all know that. But if nobody can really say for sure which rounds Bika won, then it wasn't a clear robbery was it?
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
if you gave him 120-108 like Marty Sammon you don't have to reevaluate your scoring,you have to go to jOakland and ask to be one of Warddke's judges in future fight.By the way,after scoring "only" 116-112 for Warddke in Miranda fight Marty Sammon was threaten he will be out of Warddke's payroll.Since then he scored 2 fight for Warddke,both 120-108.so you may want to take his place,or Jack Reiss's place,even tho Jack has a 10 years solid contract with Warddke after the help he gave him with Kessler.
I never said I agreed with the scorecards. You assume too much. But if Bika was clearly robbed SOMEBODY would be able to tell me which rounds he won. It doesn't take long at all.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
LMAO not only knocked down, he was on queer street if that happened earlier in the round he would have been done.
he'll be Ko'd at some point, a shot will get through and the legs will go again, getting flash knockdowned isn't a crime, but being on jelly legs from a pitter pat shot from a light puncher means you have resistance issues
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #20
Wegner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
ward also lost to bika in the mind of any neutral judge.
It wasn't as wide as the scorecards suggested but I don't see Bika winning 7 rounds. Sorry.
Wegner is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #21
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 11570

wards a very good fighter. the 2 bumps in the road were boone and bika. boone caught him good an bika made him look bad. ward still has to prove one thing to me. get outta oakland and have a major fite. but i understand if he fights in oakland the fiite genertates more moeny and everyone gets paid more. i could be wrong about that but he needs a big fight outta oakland or any where in cali for that matter . fight in vegas like all the other big fights
cippi is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
keith
ESB OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Bika won no more than 4 rounds.
EXACTLY.....

Keith
keith is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #23
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 11570

ward is very good , boone caught ward with a shot so it does make wards chin slightly questionable. but his defense is very good so have fun hittin him cleanly . boone must of hit him right on the button i dont really believe his chin is garbage.

bika made ward look not so great, but bika tends to do that . abe kinda gave ward a good run for his money, abe really needed a win at that point of his career so i kno he gave it that all that fight, an he did make it a really tuff night . but his chin must of some how improved if thats even possible bcuz if once in his career he had trouble surviving a darnell boone shot n then later on be able to with stand abrahams shots in a 12 round fight
cippi is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #24
crazy8s
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegner View Post
It wasn't as wide as the scorecards suggested but I don't see Bika winning 7 rounds. Sorry.

Thank you for showing that humans have the capacity to see a middle ground. Some of these clowns I swear.

It's as if they didn't even watch the fight.
crazy8s is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #25
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoraga View Post
Wow, I never watched that bout with Boone. That is one weak chin. No wonder he fights the way he does.
i dont think so... that was a perfect shot... the chin is not made out of iron but that shot was perfect and would shake most chins.
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #26
caliboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
he also lost the fight with the great journeyman Boone who also ko Stevenson but he only fight after he bribe at least 2 judges,as his father Ottke taught him.Sven Warddke has a glass jaw,that's why he only fight at home with his referees and judges
So the judges help his glass jaw how?
caliboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #27
caliboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Funny how people try to use this against him, especially froch, "I couldnt beat you but a feather fisted fighter put you down, so I'm better than you, even though you dominated me". Great logic froch and froch fans.
caliboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #28
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icanteach2005 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wish I could have posted this before the haters did.. but hey what doesn't kill you.. only makes you stronger..

Haters will state that this knockdown by Darnell Boone somehow makes Ward the weakest SMW Champ ever..
Apart from the flash knock down which was nothing more than bad luck. that fight was a very aesthetic and clinical fight to watch how a conditioned boxer handles a scrappy dirty slugger.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #29
Icanteach2005
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi View Post
wards a very good fighter. the 2 bumps in the road were boone and bika. boone caught him good an bika made him look bad. ward still has to prove one thing to me. get outta oakland and have a major fite. but i understand if he fights in oakland the fiite genertates more moeny and everyone gets paid more. i could be wrong about that but he needs a big fight outta oakland or any where in cali for that matter . fight in vegas like all the other big fights

Ward Fought Froch In Atlantic City and put on a clinic with one hand.. The whole fighting in Okland thing is about money.. All this uproar about Ward fighting in Oakland is like saying to Gatti you can't Fight in Atlantic City cause its your home Arena and you are a big draw there.. Ward Draws 8 - 10k in Oakland.. look at his fights In Los Angeles 350 miles south of Oakland.. not even 1k.. Atlantic city against froch.. maybe 2-3k..
Icanteach2005 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #30
Icanteach2005
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Apart from the flash knock down which was nothing more than bad luck. that fight was a very aesthetic and clinical fight to watch how a conditioned boxer handles a scrappy dirty slugger.
Yeah Ward road to the top will have some bumps.. Let haters tell it.. Ward was lucky to Win the fight..

That one spot where he got caught flush.. Ward Adapted, clinched .. Which is what is textbook when you are hurt... Cleared his head.. did not make the same mistake and continued to Win the fight handley..
Icanteach2005 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum