Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Jose Miguel Cotto rocks Canelo Alvarez

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UptK4Q1UQpw[/ame]

Miguel Cotto's neanderthal dimwit brother Jose rocked this ginger.

So what the excuse?

Oh he was 19 years old. So he had 32 professional fights previously. GBP want the public to believe he had actually a lot more. Some unsanctioned perhaps.

He's had tons of amatuer fights. Yet this guy gets rocked by the best sub-human boxer her ever faced.

Good job.

I hope Golden Boy match him well! Oh wait...
Boxing101 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
Elite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 143
Default Re: Jose Miguel Cotto rocks Canelo Alvarez

He won that fight stop bitching.
Elite is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 406

name one fighter who was never rocked in his career
damian38 is online now  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Chop Chop corley rocked Mayweather - No way can Mayweather take a shot from Judah, Mosley or Cotto

Chop Chop rocked Cotto - Judah and Mosley will knock him out

Thompson wobbled Haye with a jab - Wlad will KO him if he lands

Ward was wobbled by a journeyman - Miranda, Kessler, Abraham will all knock him out

This shit is boxing.... anyone who has followed the sport significantly should know that bringing up one occurance, from one fight, NINE fights ago without much of an incident before or since, seems to be panhandling for a reason to shit on a specific fighter.

This is boxing, he was young, shit happens.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
name one fighter who was never rocked in his career

That's the obvious answer to my original post. A bum rocked him. So what does that make him?

Fortunately for him, there's nobody really any good except three fighters at 154.

Even though he has not fought a genuine 154 pounder as of yet.

James Kirkland is a glass chinned journeyman. Angulo is a limited slugger.
Molina tries to spoil his way to win the fight because he cannot win a fight by boxing and being an exciting fighter. And he isn't a real ''spoiler'' in any sense of the word.

Alvarez has poor footwork and cannot fight on the back foot under intense pressure. He's been used to controlling the pace against inferior opponents, so his superior strength usually plays a big part. Watch the Mosley fight. He was much stronger than the shell of Mosley.

Alvarez is a good fighter with many limitations. Like many from this hypejob generation.

Lara beats him. Mayweather beats him. and Cotto beats him.

He can beat the Kirklands of this world with ease.

So, yes. He is an elite fighter who can beat anybody!

No. He's actually a hypejob created by Oscar, so he can get rich quick off him.

Then when he loses, it's onto the next. And he has many lined up to replace him.

So Alvarez couldn't get Williams. Which was unfortunate. He then tried getting Kirkland. Someone who is tailor made for him.

So he then tried getting a 147 pounder in Victor Ortiz. Who can bounce to 154 and higher on fight night. Even though Ortiz is limited.

It's just a scam. Why didn't they put him in with Lara. As Lara beat Williams.

But wait, that doesn't make $$$$ sense.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 AM   #6
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

[quote=kirk;13946432]Chop Chop corley rocked Mayweather - No way can Mayweather take a shot from Judah, Mosley or Cotto

Chop Chop rocked Cotto - Judah and Mosley will knock him out

Thompson wobbled Haye with a jab - Wlad will KO him if he lands

Ward was wobbled by a journeyman - Miranda, Kessler, Abraham will all knock him out

Hey you picked three guys good job.

Corley was a tough opponent for Mayweather. So it happens. It wasn't like he got rocked like Alvarez did.

Boone was a better fighter than Jose Cotto. Even though he was a journeyman. He caught Ward with a good punch when Ward had his hands down.

Carl Thompson has knockout power. And had been around the block many times. Haye was tired and feeling the pain from previous rounds.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #7
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

I cant recall who you are enough to know if youre a troll or not, but I can tell you one thing, you are reaching to the point of it looking like flat out pathetic hating.

Corley was a tough opponent has **** all to do with his punching power. Corley is far from a power puncher, and never was. The fact is Chop Chop did put Cotto on queer street, and he did rock Mayweather. Try to spin it anyway you want, thats what happened. Blatant haters were saying the same shit about Cotto back then as youre saying about Canelo now.

And four guys? Ya cuz I dont want to spend minutes listing more. You really think I cant make a ****ing list of guys rocked early in their careers who went on for it not to play a big part of their prime years?

Youre veering off into stupid mode with this thread.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
I cant recall who you are enough to know if youre a troll or not, but I can tell you one thing, you are reaching to the point of it looking like flat out pathetic hating.

Corley was a tough opponent has **** all to do with his punching power. Corley is far from a power puncher, and never was. The fact is Chop Chop did put Cotto on queer street, and he did rock Mayweather. Try to spin it anyway you want, thats what happened. Blatant haters were saying the same shit about Cotto back then as youre saying about Canelo now.

And four guys? Ya cuz I dont want to spend minutes listing more. You really think I cant make a ****ing list of guys rocked early in their careers who went on for it not to play a big part of their prime years?

Youre veering off into stupid mode with this thread.

Chop Chop Corley is a really good fighter. Why are you comparing him to Jose Miguel Cotto?

He just came off a split decision losss to Judah when he fought Mayweather.

Yes, Ali had been rocked by journeyman, but far from that extent early in his career. He always kept his legs together even when he went down.

Henry Cooper fight for an example. And often trainers back in the day used to tell you to go down, as taking more damage and walking around the ring will have a more detrimental effect. So you can recover quicker.

But watch Alvarez's defensive recovery. He doesn't keep his arms up, he relied on his strength and him moving backwards to get around the smaller man.

His legs then were wobbling over the ring. His chin is questionable even today.

As he has fought nobody of note who can test his chin. And Mosley was a zombie when he had him.

The difference between Ali and Alvarez is, Ali was fighting top guys fairly early on in his career. He never got rocked like that against someone like Jose Miguel Cotto.

When he went down to Sonny Banks, who was a star in the making alongside Cassius Clay, he had a knockout punch going into the Clay fight. He knocked Clay down but Clay got up and knocked him down in round 2, and then annihilated him in round 4.

So yeah, but this guy is the next superstar. He can be a superstar if he handpicks his opponents.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #9
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing101 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Miguel Cotto's neanderthal dimwit brother Jose rocked this ginger.

So what the excuse?

Oh he was 19 years old. So he had 32 professional fights previously. GBP want the public to believe he had actually a lot more. Some unsanctioned perhaps.

He's had tons of amatuer fights. Yet this guy gets rocked by the best sub-human boxer her ever faced.
Canelo barely had 20 amateur fights

butthurt and ignorance at it's finest
locard is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #10
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Then canelo proceeded to pound him into submission and got a TKO WIN
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #11
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

stared at adversity said **** you and came out on top
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #12
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post

Yup not many amateurs wanted to fight him so at 15 he turned pro and was beating up men at 15, made a name for himself by getting huge TKO's and exciting crowd then GBP picked him up in 2010 or 2011 i forget
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #13
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post

So what about all the unsanctioned fights he had? He was meant to have a much bigger pro record.

Or was that just hype?

All you newschool boxing fans buy into the hype very, very quickly.

Even Mosley said he had footwork problems.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #14
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Yup not many amateurs wanted to fight him so at 15 he turned pro and was beating up men at 15, made a name for himself by getting huge TKO's and exciting crowd then GBP picked him up in 2010 or 2011 i forget

Canelo's chin is still questionable.

And the men he fought were guys off the street. People who never been in a gym in their life.

Lara schools him.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #15
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing101 View Post
Chop Chop Corley is a really good fighter. Why are you comparing him to Jose Miguel Cotto?

He just came off a split decision losss to Judah when he fought Mayweather.

Yes, Ali had been rocked by journeyman, but far from that extent early in his career. He always kept his legs together even when he went down.

Henry Cooper fight for an example. And often trainers back in the day used to tell you to go down, as taking more damage and walking around the ring will have a more detrimental effect. So you can recover quicker.

But watch Alvarez's defensive recovery. He doesn't keep his arms up, he relied on his strength and him moving backwards to get around the smaller man.

His legs then were wobbling over the ring. His chin is questionable even today.

As he has fought nobody of note who can test his chin. And Mosley was a zombie when he had him.

The difference between Ali and Alvarez is, Ali was fighting top guys fairly early on in his career. He never got rocked like that against someone like Jose Miguel Cotto.

When he went down to Sonny Banks, who was a star in the making alongside Cassius Clay, he had a knockout punch going into the Clay fight. He knocked Clay down but Clay got up and knocked him down in round 2, and then annihilated him in round 4.

So yeah, but this guy is the next superstar. He can be a superstar if he handpicks his opponents.

rhodes mosely and even cintron in cornered cat mode so swing for the fences all conected on Canelo with hard shots, and most people talk about those, saying oh cintron Caught him so good if he can catch canelo then mosely will TKO flash forward to now.
Doc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum