Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jose Miguel Cotto rocks Canelo Alvarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing101 View Post
Canelo's chin is still questionable.

And the men he fought were guys off the street. People who never been in a gym in their life.

Lara schools him.

Your opinion is just that and everyone has one, these new noob fans repeating what they read haha
Doc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #17
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

****in; Josesito Lopez punches harder than J.M Cotto, and was much bigger than him too, yet he couldn't faze Canelo. he caught him with good shots too.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 AM   #18
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

So, let's take a look at his record shall we....

Lopez, Mosley, Cintron, A.Gomez, Rhodes, M.Hatton, Ndou, Baldomir, Cuello, and Jose Miguel Cotto

I don't need to go over this again, but as anyone can he he's being padded along nicely.

And I'm sure Golden Boy picked up Paul Williams as they saw the state he was in against Lara and Ishida.

So yes, good job.

Josesito Lopez was a 140 pounder who looked very chubby in the ring. He is also overrated now.
Boxing101 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #19
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

ok well you have fun on boxrec this is such old news, that happened when canelo had barely been picked up by GBP and had his first big fight in the USA... but yeah have fun, this shit is so old...

new fans i tell you, they discover boxrec, a youtube video and they think they found the biggest news ever
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #20
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
ok well you have fun on boxrec this is such old news, that happened when canelo had barely been picked up by GBP and had his first big fight in the USA... but yeah have fun, this shit is so old...

new fans i tell you, they discover boxrec, a youtube video and they think they found the biggest news ever

pretty much
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #21
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Wink Re: Jose Miguel Cotto rocks Canelo Alvarez

Quote:

Yes, it is old news. I know it's old news.

It's ok if you want to buy into the hype. I have succumbed to the hype in the past and been let down for it.

I nearly bought into the hype of Lucian Bute, then i took the blurry glasses off. I thought he had great body shots and a great uppercut. He did against that kind of opponent.

But yeah, he can bring exciting fights win or lose. He isn't as good as you think, though.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #22
darryl1914
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah i totally rember that. But Canelo is a much better fighter. I would like to see if his stamina is better. In the later rounds he is not as sharp. I would like to think that he has improved in that area. Hopefully there will be a fighter who can take him into th late rounds. But technically, Canelo looks damn good.
darryl1914 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 AM   #23
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

But isn't that part of what makes Canelo interesting to watch? His fans love the way he fights and his haters want to see him lose and can make a case that he can be KOed. In the end both sides watch him which gives him drawing power. I'm an in betweener. I like him but want to see him lose.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #24
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

OP is a shit poster.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #25
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:

Agreed that it's irrelevant to bring up old news when a fighter has improved. But there's nothing wrong with BoxRec. It's there for people to learn and I'd rather have fans come to me with facts and data than pure ignorance followed by dumb fanboy insults.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #26
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
But isn't that part of what makes Canelo interesting to watch? His fans love the way he fights and his haters want to see him lose and can make a case that he can be KOed. In the end both sides watch him which gives him drawing power. I'm an in betweener. I like him but want to see him lose.

Yeah. I don't doubt he's not interesting to watch. He is interesting to watch of course.

I think him going into a fight as not a deemed invincible force like many believe Mayweather is, is good.

As you never know if he's going to get in trouble or not. Up until his next opponent, who hopefully will be a big step up. He has fought guys he can control with his strength.

He can boss guys like Lopez, and guys like an old Baldomir around the ring like magic.

When he fights guys like Mayweather, who has quite a wide frame, and has as much strength as him, he may come up significantly short.

I think Paul Williams could have been a marquee name on his resume, but i also believe he was perfect pickings for GBP to show off what Alvarez can do.

I think they could have put Lara in with Alvarez. Lara is a top fighter, but also has holes which Alvarez could exploit. He feel perhaps a fast pressure fighter not far from, or in his prime would be a big problem for Canelo.

I think because PWill was a big name, they went for the obvious choice. It's unfortunate what happened with Williams, but i think he was on the decline, and perhaps not completely focused when he fought Lara and Ishida. So, it really give GBP a perfect name to choice for Alvarez to look good against. I think Alvarez would have beat him in the Ishida/Lara form he displayed.

I think the weight hopping never helped, and being knocked out was heavily on his mind at the time. I think perhaps he had Martinez on his mind to evenge the loss. PWill lost his focus, but hopefully now he's on the recovery track. Hopefully, if he does recover he can come back in a big way.

I personally do not believe he is leaps and bounds above his competition, as a Mayweather supposedly is. And perhaps he has proved he is at 154.

If Cotto performs well against Trout, which i have no doubt he won't perform. I think Cotto beats him by a UD, or SD. It will be close but Cotto's experience would come up on top.

Entirely depends on how he looks against Austin Trout.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #27
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
rhodes mosely and even cintron in cornered cat mode so swing for the fences all conected on Canelo with hard shots, and most people talk about those, saying oh cintron Caught him so good if he can catch canelo then mosely will TKO flash forward to now.
Never get between a bear and her cub....or between Doc and Canelo.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #28
Boxing101
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
OP is a shit poster.
And what are you? A basement dweller?

You don't have a life. You posted 20k posts with 5 words in them. You're a nerd and know nothing about boxing.

Or you're an alt account. As you know nothing about anything.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #29
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Boxer got rocked shocker

It's fukin boxing what do you expect ?
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #30
JennaJisAhoe

nobody gives a **** about Canelo. he fought nobody, he fights guys 2 weight classes smaller than him. Basically Canelo is the least credible "Champion" in boxing history. once he faces a top guy in his weight class who isnt shot, he will get his ass handed to him
JennaJisAhoe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum