Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
Muchmoore

vCash:
Default Will Fedor fight again?

Will he?

I thought he looked good in his last 3 fights, very sharp. Granted not top ten opposition but Monson is a quality fighter and couldn't do anything to him, Ishii an olympic Judo champ and couldn't do anything in the clinches, and Rizzo was given no chance period. He looked much more composed compared to what he was like on his losing streak where he basically just went in there and threw haymakers. I think all the training in Holland helped him, his leg kicks are brutal nowadays.

I'd like to see him rematch Bigfoot but he makes a boatload more over in M1 than what Dana would ever pay him. I heard he was at some event and was sitting behind Dana White does anyone know anything about it? The UFC always needs exciting fighters and Fedor is possibly the most exciting fighter of all time.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will Fedor fight again?

Nope, and if he does it will be in M1. Get over the idea he will be in the UFC
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Nope, and if he does it will be in M1. Get over the idea he will be in the UFC
Yeah i'd be shocked if he was ever in the UFC especially as he owns part of M1....I like watching fights in a ring better than cage anyway.

Do you expect to see quality heavies moving to M1 from the UFC similar to how Sylvia and Arlovski left for the better money in Affliction? Aleksander is still fighting in M1 and won the other weekend, rumor has it he might be fighting Monson next which could be interesting since his grappling is worse than Fedors.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Aleks is not an elite heavyweight so who cares?

Vinny must not have liked it over there too much, leaving his post as champion to fight on UFC prelims
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Dio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 429

Fedor can come out of retirement and beat JDS. He has better stand up and is faster, also his hsi ground game is much MORE better then JDS.
Fedor By W8
Dio is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dio View Post
Fedor can come out of retirement and beat JDS. He has better stand up and is faster, also his hsi ground game is much MORE better then JDS.
Fedor By W8
Die.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
Muchmoore

vCash:

Fedor would honestly have a real chance against JDS...moreso than anyone other than Reem and Cormier possibly. All it takes is one shot from him and your cooked.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore View Post
Fedor would honestly have a real chance against JDS...moreso than anyone other than Reem and Cormier possibly. All it takes is one shot from him and your cooked.
He has a real chance against anyone. There is also the real chance he will get KTFO by a fighter that couldn't even lace his gloves up when he was in his prime. This is the curse of the elite fighters once they get past their prime, they COULD beat anyone but more often than not the younger bucks beat them to the punch.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
He has a real chance against anyone. There is also the real chance he will get KTFO by a fighter that couldn't even lace his gloves up when he was in his prime. This is the curse of the elite fighters once they get past their prime, they COULD beat anyone but more often than not the younger bucks beat them to the punch.
I don't think he's that far gone though. The only fight in which he looked bad in was the Bigfoot fight in which he was fat as **** and obvious he hadn't hardly trained i mean how do you miss Bigfoots head ffs

He has looked sharp in his last four fights including the Hendo fight. People forget he dropped Hendo hard before he scrambled out and landed the punch of his career. I don't know I think we'll be seeing him again just a feeling.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

No, and if he does it will be against another bum.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
I don't think he's that far gone though. The only fight in which he looked bad in was the Bigfoot fight in which he was fat as **** and obvious he hadn't hardly trained i mean how do you miss Bigfoots head ffs

He has looked sharp in his last four fights including the Hendo fight. People forget he dropped Hendo hard before he scrambled out and landed the punch of his career. I don't know I think we'll be seeing him again just a feeling.
Disagree. His head movement was on point in the stand up in the first fight. He was not in shocking shape. Had he not been instantly taken down in the second round he might've carried on.

He has clearly neglected his grappling in recent years. And still focused more on his kickboxing in his three retirement fights. Where was the man who out Judo'd Ogawa, out jits'd Big Nog' and survived the Americana of doom from Markuu Huntuu?

He got molested by Big Foot. But he survived. He wasn't sharp enough to escape major damage but he still had the nous and toughness to stay in there.

He was all there. It wasn't his effort in training but his mindset IMO. Fell in love with his power.

I mean for ****s sake Rogers was able to have some grappling success with Fedor. Rogers is arguably a lesser fighter than Gary Goodridge. Fedor steamed forward and got caught with a jab which busted him up right away. Where the bouncing and feints? Where was the punches setting up the trips and throws? It was desperation subs and last ditch sweeps against Rogers where positional dominance and composure was always the way for Fedor.

Notice Fedor's G'N'P in Nog's guard and notice his flailing hammerfist against Werdum, who he tried to treat like Zuluzinho.

Fedor's mindset was the problem. He was in good shape for Hendo'. Careless finishing attempt against a cagey veteran with the hardest hands in MMA? That's not Fedor.

He's been running on fumes for ages but boy was it fun. He showed more composure in his last few fights but would the Fedor of old let a one legged Jeff Monson survive, just to be safe?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

Yes. He's fighting Tank Abbott on Christmas Day.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
who dos Santos,

Yes i agree
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
He's been running on fumes for ages but boy was it fun. He showed more composure in his last few fights but would the Fedor of old let a one legged Jeff Monson survive, just to be safe?
It was his first fight coming off the three straight losses, I don't blame him for not pouncing on Monson when he was dropped especially considering that was Monson's only real chance.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum