boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Arrow ALVARADO Will KO RIOS in the 8th...

You can bet your house on it.

What If I Lose? is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: ALVARADO Will KO RIOS in the 8th...

doubt it
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
doubt it
What's yer prediction?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by What If I Lose? View Post
What's yer prediction?
tough fight to pick, but I favor Rios. I'll post my old post

"true I watched a little bit of both of them yesterday to make my pick. I first thought Alvarado would win because Rios mostly uses his size up close to bully guys and beat them up (well at least I thought that). That was the impression I got on his last 2 fights, fights that he just happened to be drained for.
Murray was troubled Rios through most of their fight, but Rios's size and strength pretty much won him the fight imo.

Now with Alvarado, he weighed 157 on the day of the fight vs Prescott and he's a former wrestler. I'm pretty sure he's going to be stronger than Rios in the ring, so I believed he'd win. But I went back and watched Rios fight Antillion when he didn't have as much trouble making weight and I forgot how skilled Rios actually is in the pocket. His punches looked much sharper too and he wasn't just bullying his way around. Plus his defense isn't as bad as Mike's.

I believe this fight really does come down to Rios's weight. If he makes it comfortably, he'll win"

With all that said, I think Rios will stop him late or decision. Alvarado is just really tough and both get better as the fight goes on
Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Alvarado will be much bigger than Rios. The size difference is substantial. In a war of attrition, Alvarado will come out on top. Rios has won because he's been able to power through the smaller guys. It won't be the case with Alvarado.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Alvarado tko late but I don't really care who wins I just want their chins to hold up at least past 7 cause ill be there live I want a good foty fight.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
darryl1914
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This is gonna be a fun fight to watch. I am hoping it goes the distance because the Main-Event (on-paper) might be a snoozer.
darryl1914 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #8
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm gonna be there, too. Seats were dirt cheap for the fights/names we are getting.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #9
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

"true I watched a little bit of both of them yesterday to make my pick. I first thought Alvarado would win because Rios mostly uses his size up close to bully guys and beat them up (well at least I thought that). That was the impression I got on his last 2 fights, fights that he just happened to be drained for.
Murray was troubled Rios through most of their fight, but Rios's size and strength pretty much won him the fight imo.

Now with Alvarado, he weighed 157 on the day of the fight vs Prescott and he's a former wrestler. I'm pretty sure he's going to be stronger than Rios in the ring, so I believed he'd win. But I went back and watched Rios fight Antillion when he didn't have as much trouble making weight and I forgot how skilled Rios actually is in the pocket. His punches looked much sharper too and he wasn't just bullying his way around. Plus his defense isn't as bad as Mike's.

I believe this fight really does come down to Rios's weight. If he makes it comfortably, he'll win"

With all that said, I think Rios will stop him late or decision. Alvarado is just really tough and both get better as the fight goes on
On the inside I think Rios will do his best but Alvarado ain't no small antillon dude is a huge 140 can box and bang... Pick em fight.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #10
What If I Lose?
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Mike Alvarado has more dimension to his game that it appears. In the Prescott stoppage, he saw very quickly that Prescott could do nothing to stop the leaping uppercut, so he did it repeatedly.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
On the inside I think Rios will do his best but Alvarado ain't no small antillon dude is a huge 140 can box and bang... Pick em fight.
I feel you. We'll have to see man I'm looking forward to it more than any fight this year
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #12
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1606

Quote:

Good ****ysis. I think that Rios jab will be key in this fight. He has a very good jab and if he uses it to set his punches he will be too much for Alvarado. I think Rios is a bit more skilled and has more variety which makes the difference in those type of fights , like in the Angulo-Kirkland fight more than the chin as most people think.
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #13
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2102

Rooting for Rios but Alvarado might be too much for him. We will see.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #14
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonit View Post
Good ****ysis. I think that Rios jab will be key in this fight. He has a very good jab and if he uses it to set his punches he will be too much for Alvarado. I think Rios is a bit more skilled and has more variety which makes the difference in those type of fights , like in the Angulo-Kirkland fight more than the chin as most people think.
Alvarado has a great jab as well, this is such a pick em fight but I'm going with Alvarado all around has more tools at his disposal never seen him rocked like Rios been rocked by Acosta, Alvarado the stronger one and bigger one be ain't no short antillon who is gonna get bullied or moved around easily... Plus we may just see Alvarado doing some shoulder rolls pols
fun fact: alvarados boxing is under rated he beat Andre dirrel 168 pounder in the amateurs and ggg claim to fame is also beating dirrel in the am's
alvarado late tko
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #15
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Hard fight to predict. I would say Rios just because he has a little more experience and his knockouts are earlier in the fights than Alvarado, Alvarado's tends to be late round knockouts. I think Rio's punches are harder.
MAG1965 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum