Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #76
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jimmy Savile, Frank Bruno and The Yorkshire Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by almsn View Post
This should be in the thread boxing cringe moments .I couldn't even stand in the same room as him never mind shake his hand . Should throw him in a cell with Charles Bronson for a day .
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
almsn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #77
dempsey1964
Journeyman

vCash: 500

i remember when that saville visited broadmoor as i was a good pal of ronnie krays,and he told me he met bruno. one time i was on a visit with ronnie and who was sitting two tables away from me was that evil bastaed sutcliffe,believe it or not but a gorgeous young girl in her 20,s was on a visit to him as apparently he has a sick fan base. so i said to ron im gonna sling this fkn pot of tea over him and he said no johnny they will ban you for life from here. he oozed evil that ripper,dressed all in black and a crucifix hanging from his neck. the guy who done the ripper in parkhurst was jimmy costello and he got a 10 stretch on top of his sentence for that cuttin of the ripper.
dempsey1964 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #78
dempsey1964
Journeyman

p.s. great pic of chas bronson,hes a lovely guy as me and tony moran the former british cruiserweight title challenger (fought mark hobson) was up to see him last month in wakefield cages,two great guys ! tony crossed over to mma now and is fighting end of the month,maximum respect tony !
dempsey1964 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #79
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Funny, Kray was just as sick and depraved as Sutcliffe in his own special way. Weird how he gets a pass.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #80
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

That photo just shows how thick Bruno is .
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #81
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Funny, Kray was just as sick and depraved as Sutcliffe in his own special way. Weird how he gets a pass.
I agree after reading a little bit about him he's just as dangerous as Sutcliffe
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #82
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Incidentally, saying that Sutcliffe oozes evil stands somewhat in opposition to what the police, psychiatrists, etc have all said. By most accounts he's very normal and quite personable. It's why he passed undetected for so long, I guess . That and the police making a mess of the investigation.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #83
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Well, if your issue with Sutcliffe is that he attacked defenceless women and brutalised them, what does it say when you think it's ok for a mob to do it?

It's a slippery slope that one.
No it's not. The issue is that he attacked people who were innocent and did not provoke him. He got a kick from killing for the sake of killing. Now, compare that to someone who kills the person who killed their child. They are not moral equivalents or even close. The latter has not attacked an innocent, the latter does not lust for murder as a form of thrill and the latter is not likely to ever repeat their crime. The latter was also provoked to a huge degree.

If you saw a grown man beating a toddler to a pulp and you ran over and slapped the shit out of him and you were glad you did it afterwards, it would not show that you had lowered yourself to his level in any way.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #84
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
He was depraved for sure. And he gets no pass from me or post people. But someone who is in a battle with another gangster and kills that other violent individual is not the same as someone who kills innocent people for a kick.

There are levels and even among serial killers there are levels, with those driven by the desire to torture and inflict as much terror and pain on their victims before death generally categorised as "more evil" than the likes of say Shipman.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #85
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
No it's not. The issue is that he attacked people who were innocent and did not provoke him. He got a kick from killing for the sake of killing. Now, compare that to someone who kills the person who killed their child. They are not moral equivalents or even close. The latter has not attacked an innocent, the latter does not lust for murder as a form of thrill and the latter is not likely to ever repeat their crime. The latter was also provoked to a huge degree.

If you saw a grown man beating a toddler to a pulp and you ran over and slapped the shit out of him and you were glad you did it afterwards, it would not show that you had lowered yourself to his level in any way.
You're arguing a different point. Intervention is a completely different argument. So is familial revenge. We're talking about people unrelated to the crime trying to get notoriety by killing one of the UK's worst killers. That is wrong and indefensible. Same as mobile violence.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #86
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
He was depraved for sure. And he gets no pass from me or post people. But someone who is in a battle with another gangster and kills that other violent individual is not the same as someone who kills innocent people for a kick.

There are levels and even among serial killers there are levels, with those driven by the desire to torture and inflict as much terror and pain on their victims before death generally categorised as "more evil" than the likes of say Shipman.
Kray didn't just kill other gangsters. The brothers were notoriously sadistic too, often torturing their victims. The level of violence they committed was akin to sadism, which intersects closely with thrill seeker type killers. Power, control, etc.

There are categories of killers, usually in motivations.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #87
almsn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1964 View Post
p.s. great pic of chas bronson,hes a lovely guy as me and tony moran the former british cruiserweight title challenger (fought mark hobson) was up to see him last month in wakefield cages,two great guys ! tony crossed over to mma now and is fighting end of the month,maximum respect tony !
Thanks mate his books are quality .I've got my second one solitary fitness also the one on his life in jail .That's quality one of my favourites or one about a thai jail ( prison books are quality ) Rampton and Broadmoor are s--t holes in the book so are thai jails .
almsn is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #88
mgmark7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I believe Jimmy Savile was a chairman of a board set up to advise on the management of Broadmoor. Amazing he was able to hold this and other high profile positions without any concerns being raised about his behaviour despite it appearing that his various peccadillos were common gossip.
mgmark7 is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #89
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmark7 View Post
I believe Jimmy Savile was a chairman of a board set up to advise on the management of Broadmoor. Amazing he was able to hold this and other high profile positions without any concerns being raised about his behaviour despite it appearing that his various peccadillos were common gossip.
Myra Hindley posing over a child's grave.

Jimmy Savile posing at Jersesy's Haut de la Garenne care home.

Manning is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #90
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliShuffle View Post
Are you religious?

Say he raped and killed your mum..