Old 10-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #31
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: the scoring of bradley v pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Bradley boxed a lot better than people give him credit for, said it many times. Typical psuedo-fan witchunt bollocks going on. He didn't deserve to win, but he did well for large portions of the fight. Should be given his due. People with a card like Ledderman (1 round to Bradley) need to re-evaluate their interest in the sport of Boxing.
I don't agree, the fight tell a story.

Bradley tried to match Pacquiao punch for punch and got out work so he ran. That's not giving PAC a boxing lesson, that's running for your life. For all the shit he talked, he couldn't back it up. Jogging on national tv pounding your chest and yelling,"You ain't the best, I am". You gotta proved to me that you're better then me! Come fight night he ran like a *****...that's not doing good.

Last edited by prelude; 10-09-2012 at 04:11 AM.
prelude is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #32
ryan_c
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
duane ford's explanation why bradley won a certain round.

paraphrasing,...."pacquiao hurt him in that round and he let him get away. the old pacquiao would have finished him. that's why i gave that round to bradley."
Duane Ford is ridiculous.
ryan_c is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 AM   #33
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
Go back to watching olympics then if that's your criteria.
oh how silly you are. im merely stating thats how i score punches and its a major factor when scoring rounds considering you score it on punches landed (clean and effective factor in here), defense and ring generalship
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #34
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
I don't agree, the fight tell a story.

Bradley tried to match Pacquiao punch for punch and got out work so he ran. That's not giving PAC a boxing lesson, that's running for your life. For all the shit he talked, he couldn't back it up. Jogging on national tv pounding your chest and yelling,"You ain't the best, I am". You gotta proved to me that you're better then me! Come fight night he ran like a *****...that's not doing good.
stupid idea trying to psych out manny pacquiao.. the guy will just give you a smile and you immediately start worrying
Barrera is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #35
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
oh how silly you are. im merely stating thats how i score punches and its a major factor when scoring rounds considering you score it on punches landed (clean and effective factor in here), defense and ring generalship
And Bradley's punches were both "clean" and "effective" for you?

As I've said, go back to judging olympic boxing matches.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #36
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Is there any Pictures of Bradley landing clean punches?
I have more of Pacquiao landing clean on Bradley's face.

Clean Punches from Pacquiao!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
''BANG!!!!!!!!!!!''

Florez is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #37
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Bradley won the EVT!!!

I never seen a fighter break both ankles by twisting his body just to avoid being punched.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #38
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Thats a fact. Find me a link with a poll conducted the week of the fight that has Pacquiao even close to Marquez in far as votes for who won the fight?

Most polls had Marquez getting 2 out of every 3 votes with the rest of the votes divided between a win for Pacquiao and a draw.

The HBO poll conducted at ringside from sport writers only had a 12% vote for Pacquiao. How does 12%= to 1/3?

Quote:
Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.
Can you produce a link for your numbers? AFAIK the 12% was an anonymous poll on their website
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #39
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
marquez is to chinny to stand toe to toe with marquez

the 3rd fight for marquez was a clear victory and the clearest victory in the triology.
See press row scores for Pac JMM 3 in my post above. In contrast:

Quote:
Among the experts above, 120 scored the bout for Pacquiao, 1 scored the bout a draw, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.

The average score being roughly 117-111.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #40
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Arrow Re: the scoring of bradley v pacquiao

* HBO SPORTS POLL SHOWS 91% BELIEVE PACQUIAO BEAT BRADLEY.

* Among the Boxing Experts, 120 scored the bout for Pacquiao, 1 scored the bout a draw, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.

* 5 WBO Championship Committee judges on the review panel announced that Pacquiao should have won his controversial defeat, with all scoring the fight unanimously in Pacquiao's favor 117-111, 117-111, 118-110, 116-112 and 115-113.

* The Ring - # 1 Welterweight.

Manny Pacquiao

Record: 54-4-2 (38 KOs)
Ranking: This Week: 1 | Last Week: 1 | Weeks On List: 150
Florez is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #41
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac was hitting Tim with lefts all night,and only time was seriously hurt was when he twisted his ankle,Timmy was winning the later rounds,this is why Pac and friends did not want the rematch..

When was the last time fans brought up PPV sales as an excuse to not fight,
guys don't want the rematch but continue to whine.. Pac's career is bout to end,make room for the Champ that dethroned him and accept it,that or demand the rematch.
ThaWiseJester is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #42
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=Florez;13953508]* HBO SPORTS POLL SHOWS 91% BELIEVE PACQUIAO BEAT BRADLEY.

* Among the Boxing Experts, 120 scored the bout for Pacquiao, 1 scored the bout a draw, and 1 scored the bout for Bradley.

* 5 WBO Championship Committee judges on the review panel announced that Pacquiao should have won his controversial defeat, with all scoring the fight unanimously in Pacquiao's favor 117-111, 117-111, 118-110, 116-112 and 115-113.

Means nothing when he has a chance to redeem himself and does not,the boxing judges decide,that is what counts.. If he really wanted to redeem himself,Manny would have re matched,but he knows that Tim figured him out by the 9th..

Fans call boxing running,and when Tim was out boxing him,turning him,body shots,shooting the jab,Pac does not like that,he just likes to trade...Pac cares nothing about his legacy,or he would have stepped up..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #43
ThaWiseJester
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Bradley boxed a lot better than people give him credit for, said it many times. Typical psuedo-fan witchunt bollocks going on. He didn't deserve to win, but he did well for large portions of the fight. Should be given his due. People with a card like Ledderman (1 round to Bradley) need to re-evaluate their interest in the sport of Boxing.

Very sad how boxing fans have turned into divas and robots.. They started a hate campaign because they have felt he got wrong decision.That fight was exaggerated way in Pac's favor and gave rise again to Pactard's..

Either way Tim was willing to re match while Pac made excuses left and right..A lot of phony fans that just follow what Espn and Hbo commentators say.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #44
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=ThaWiseJester;13953582]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florez View Post
* HBO SPORTS POLL SHOWS 91% BELIEVE PACQUIAO BEAT BRADLEY.

Means nothing when he has a chance to redeem himself and does not,the boxing judges decide,that is what counts.. If he really wanted to redeem himself,Manny would have re matched,but he knows that Tim figured him out by the 9th..

Fans call boxing running,and when Tim was out boxing him,turning him,body shots,shooting the jab,Pac does not like that,he just likes to trade...Pac cares nothing about his legacy,or he would have stepped up..
So you believe Rios beat Abril, cause the judges said so? And unless Abril rematches him and wins on the cards, you won't believe otherwise?

How about Sergio, can you believe he couldn't beat gutless Cintron?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #45
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWiseJester View Post
Very sad how boxing fans have turned into divas and robots.. They started a hate campaign because they have felt he got wrong decision.That fight was exaggerated way in Pac's favor and gave rise again to Pactard's..

Either way Tim was willing to re match while Pac made excuses left and right..A lot of phony fans that just follow what Espn and Hbo commentators say.
espn and hbo? Try 120 boxing writers from every source, including fighthype. Try Jeff and Mayweather Sr, Bradley buddy Andre Ward, everyone

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum