Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
recycling
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Default All of Duran excuses srl2

Needed to chuck a shit
Was gonna vomit and was such a good person diet way to vomit in the ring
Ate panama kfc just before weigh INS
Thought there would be a 3rd so decided to just quit
Past his prime in months
Didn't have hate for Leonard anymore
Leonard bribed people

Any others?
recycling is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

most other fighters if they lose they have a loss. Duran had so many excuses. I think he was a great fighter, but people get mad when I say he was top 25 ATG than 1-10 ATG. I think he was great. Just not top 10. He certainly fought some of the best fighters ever, but he did not beat them. That is the criteria I use for ATG. How many greats did you beat.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 500
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

you need to do your research you goose.. even sugar ray leonard knows why. after his first win against leonard he celebrated and partied hard!, he balooned up to 220-225lbs .. sugar ray seen this and knew he had to strike immediately

stomach cramps are plausible knowing this and duran said "i was getting stomach cramps. i knew he would give me a rematch, i gave him one and he will give me one so why not just end it now"
Barrera is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
you need to do your research you goose.. even sugar ray leonard knows why. after his first win against leonard he celebrated and partied hard!, he balooned up to 220-225lbs .. sugar ray seen this and knew he had to strike immediately

stomach cramps are plausible knowing this and duran said "i was getting stomach cramps. i knew he would give me a rematch, i gave him one and he will give me one so why not just end it now"
Duran always made excuses. Most fighters have an excuse for a loss and no one believes it. Fact is Duran was losing the fight because of what Ray was doing. I told people many times, but the first and second fight side by side and look at Ray Leonard's foot movement. Big difference. I don't think he ballooned up to 220 that is a myth. Anyway Duran always made excuses when he lost. For Leonard 2, Benitez,Hearns he said he did not train. Why would he train for the lesser quality fighters, and then for the great ones like those 3 he did not train? Doesn't make sense. Yes he was a great fighter, but to not give credit to the other greats who beat him is not fair.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: L.A.
Posts: 2,870
vCash: 661
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
you need to do your research you goose.. even sugar ray leonard knows why. after his first win against leonard he celebrated and partied hard!, he balooned up to 220-225lbs .. sugar ray seen this and knew he had to strike immediately

stomach cramps are plausible knowing this and duran said "i was getting stomach cramps. i knew he would give me a rematch, i gave him one and he will give me one so why not just end it now"
I seen the vid on youtube where srl says the same shit.He knew duran had been partying and he took advantage.
Undisputed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,597
vCash: 75
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

I don't believe for a minute he had stomach cramps.I know I'm a big Ray fan but I won't shit on Cholo for this.
He made a terrible spur of the moment decision borne out of frustration.Ray wouldn't engage and Cholo never knew how to deal with it.He has a a fiery nature,and a consequence of that is making decisions without thinking them through.He walked away not realising for a second the implications that would follow.
There was no cowardice or stomach cramps,just impulse.
And there shouldn't be too much emphasis placed on him blowing up.Yes,Ray took advantage of that,but the loss wasn't a result of it.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vegemite Island
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 356
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed View Post
I seen the vid on youtube where srl says the same shit.He knew duran had been partying and he took advantage.
Mag ain't the brightest and can't comprehend shit.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
Fellonblackdays
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
vCash: 462
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

He got totally out boxed in the Ne Pas fight...
Fellonblackdays is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I don't believe for a minute he had stomach cramps.I know I'm a big Ray fan but I won't shit on Cholo for this.
He made a terrible spur of the moment decision borne out of frustration.Ray wouldn't engage and Cholo never knew how to deal with it.He has a a fiery nature,and a consequence of that is making decisions without thinking them through.He walked away not realising for a second the implications that would follow.
There was no cowardice or stomach cramps,just impulse.
And there shouldn't be too much emphasis placed on him blowing up.Yes,Ray took advantage of that,but the loss wasn't a result of it.
Ray was starting to hit Duran's head and body in round 7 and poring it on in round 8 and Duran quit. I think Duran knew he was going to get knocked out.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
Mag ain't the brightest and can't comprehend shit.
Some facts supporting Duran and his excuses would do the most in proving how much you comprehend and how bright you are. The facts I have said over and over is Duran lost when Ray fought his fight. Getting upset and insulting someone on a message board without defending Duran's record to prove he is top 10 ATG almost shows that you know what I am saying is true and you cannot defend it with a fact.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellonblackdays View Post
He got totally out boxed in the Ne Pas fight...
I think Duran is great, but his fans seem to get upset when I say he is top 25 ATG and not 1-10. Top 25 ATG is a great rating. How can a fighter be rated top 10 ATG and never knocked out a great fighter. The greatest fighter Duran knocked out was Pipino Cuevas who was washed up in 1983 when he fought him.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
Needed to chuck a shit
Was gonna vomit and was such a good person diet way to vomit in the ring
Ate panama kfc just before weigh INS
Thought there would be a 3rd so decided to just quit
Past his prime in months
Didn't have hate for Leonard anymore
Leonard bribed people

Any others?
Prime Duran >>> Prime Leonard

FACT

First fight proved it.

SRL knew Duran blew up and partied hard inbetween fights and rush the rematch.

His manager signed him up to the fight, Duran wanted to call of the fight because he was no way fit enough and hardly trained.

Took loads of diuretics to make weight and was very weight and dehydrated.

Even with all this against him, he was still in the 2nd fight when it came to an end.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
Fellonblackdays
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 411
vCash: 462
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
I think Duran is great, but his fans seem to get upset when I say he is top 25 ATG and not 1-10. Top 25 ATG is a great rating. How can a fighter be rated top 10 ATG and never knocked out a great fighter. The greatest fighter Duran knocked out was Pipino Cuevas who was washed up in 1983 when he fought him.
I agree with what you say very popular figher but not a top 10 ATG. Destruction at the hands of hearns proves that.
Fellonblackdays is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dallas,Texas.
Posts: 17,399
vCash: 1010
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellonblackdays View Post
I agree with what you say very popular figher but not a top 10 ATG. Destruction at the hands of hearns proves that.
I see what you are saying. I don't even think losing to Hearns proved much about Duran since knockouts happen to most greats, what is proves to me is that Tommy knocked out a lot of people and was the real deal. Tommy Hearns punched harder than Leonard or Benitez or Hagler or anyone Duran ever fought,and it showed.

As for Duran and his legacy, Duran should have been able to duplicate his win over Ray. And then beat eitehr Benitez or Hearns at 154 since he could win a title against Moore in 1983 which most people mention as proving how great Duran is, even though Moore had 11 fights at the time. But if he can win a title and be dominant in that fight, why couldn't he against the elites? At least beat Ray and then another legend at 154 which he did not, and the fact is he fought at 154 as early as 1978 before Hearns or Leonard or Benitez ever did.
And he always had the same excuse that he never trained when he lost, as though he would train for Moore and Barkley but not for Hearns and Benitez or Leonard. That kind of logic is ridiculous- Train for the mediocre fighters and not for the greats. If that is the case maybe he knew deep down inside he could not beat those guys. They were too great.
He was a great fighter and had a great lightweight reign, but no real ATG fighters at 135.. So what people are saying is his lightweight reign and the beating Ray the first time , but losing easily to Hearns,Benitez and Leonard and then giving Hagler what they say was a good fight but still losing, and then winning titles against Moore and Barkley gives him a top 10 ATG ranking. If we study the facts how can this be top 10 ATG? Top 25 fine, but not top 10, which is what my point always was. He was a great dominant fighter who had a weakness to a great fighter with speed who used the whole ring.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: All of Duran excuses srl2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09kRNoro3Q[/ame]
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013